Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-13-2013, 03:45 PM   #393
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

I guess most people aren't playing live season mode?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Old 12-13-2013, 04:02 PM   #394
MVP

OVR: 4

Just in case some people didn't know you can change the cpu line up before starting the game. Just don't back all the way up to team selection.

Sent from my M353 using Tapatalk
Old 12-13-2013, 04:24 PM   #395
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Speed is actually a big gripe for me me...it's the same complaint I had in Live 10...seems like athleticism didn't really shine through in these games...that's probably just the engine itself...hopefully it's something that can be implemented as they build...

To answer your question WTF, I would definitely love to see some signature elements to differentiate players...also the addition of animations (not just from a visual standpoint) to really separate skill sets..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2013, 04:29 PM   #396
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmac0322
I guess most people aren't playing live season mode?

i was, but the games are set to 6 min (with accelerated clock on). i hate seeing low scores etc. bah!
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14
X
https://x.com/Fiddy14_

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 12-13-2013, 04:55 PM   #397
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Seems like some Synergy has kicked in...teams are definitely being a little more assertive (in the half court at least, still not seeing a lot of high tempo offense)...there are definitely still times when the CPU becomes brain dead though....especially if you decide to play off ball...it's like they completely shut down..doubt that's something Synergy can really fix, so hopefully it can be addressed in a patch or put in next year...

I do think everyone should take the time to actually learn the ins and outs of the game before judging it, because it will definitely make more sense as you go a long.....for me personally... It's been pretty hard to get immersed in this game, even looking past the graphics..just not finding it to be a fun experience...the lack of paint defense and the inability to counter that with sliders is a consistent annoyance..

Glad you guys are having fun though!! That's all that matters at the end of the day..
Share the same thoughts as you, which is why I didn't and still don't get caught up in the hyperbole of this game or engage in the constant bashing of each game by the same people who complain about others bringing up the other game. Leave that **** alone and move on from it, man. If "the other game" disappointed you, OK cool beans but we don't need to hear it from you every single time you post here.

THAT BEING SAID...

I've noticed over the last few days that Synergy DNA has improved for me, which was my biggest issue with the game along with no sliders. Played a few games this week(Nets/Clippers, Celtics/Knicks, Pacers/Heat)and like I said before, when Synergy is ON, the game starts to shine, especially in regards to player movement. The Heat's In/Out Offense in a thing of beauty in this game, as is the Pacers. Can't say the same for the Nets and Knicks but then again that's how it is in real life anyway.

Said this before and I'll say it again, the game has potential to be a good game(LOWERED EXPECTATIONS)over the next few years and you can definitely see it.

I can live with average graphics(I'm assuming they'll get better over the next year or so)as long as the gameplay and the customization options are there for us. If they can give us Sliders, tweak the graphics(both of which I expect for them to do next year)have the CPU not run Averah's ISOBall 60% of the time like they do now(I'll settle for dropping it down to 50% next year)then they'll be on the right track.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:05 PM   #398
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
i was, but the games are set to 6 min (with accelerated clock on). i hate seeing low scores etc. bah!
Lol damn that does suck. I usually play 12 min qtrs. Hopefully they change that for the future games. I liked the feature a lot in live 10. Thanks for the quick response.

Old 12-13-2013, 05:44 PM   #399
Pro

DIRK41NOWITZKI's Arena

OVR: 0

Just had a really fun time playing an ultimate team fantasy showdown. I was down 8 with a minute to go and I was ready to give up. Come down hit a quick layup with russel Westbrook and with 40 seconds left down 6 I still don't think I have a chance. Next possession, steal the ball throw it to harden and hit the three. Do the same thing next time down the floor. Goes to overtime and I end up winning. I really liked this outcome because it diddnt seem scripted like 2k. It would have ended different if I just gave up and chucked up some bad shots.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:41 PM   #400
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Very good suggestion. I was going to play around some more with this over the weekend, to see if I could combat it moreso. Glad to see that you've already done some of this stuff.

Good to see you around. It's been a LONG time.

And the debate, well, it is what it is. This game isn't for everybody at first glance. But those who are willing to overlook some of the glitz and glamour, and spend some time with it, I'd say 3 out of 5 would probably really enjoy the game at a minimum.
LOL, yeah it's been a minute. I've still been reading the site just don't post since most of the old'heads don't post like they used to and I usually don't have the same concerns as the new guys so I just keep quiet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
quick question on this. are you noticing this in normal play where you *should* have control or more in instances where you are trying to do something that someone wouldnt be able to do irl? for example trying to slide defensively to the left then moving immediately back to the right while your momentum is taking you to the left?
Yes exactly what WTF said. I see it occasionally on steal attempts and on rare occasions on rebounds, even saw it once on a shot attempt but out of all my games I'd imagine it would average out to around once every 2-3 games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »