Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-13-2013, 09:05 AM   #377
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadleft

One more thing, for those of you having trouble with points in the paint and post defense, I've found the proper defensive angles (as coded in this game) to be shifted slightly toward the baseline instead of directly between the player and basket. As a result in order to create contact with a player driving to the basket you have to defend his outside shoulder. I kinda think of it as defending the sides of the box on the backboard instead of guarding the rim. As far as post defense, I've found the "slides" to be ineffective especially against the spin to the basket, instead don't let the post player get into your body allowing him to spin off of it. When defending the post back up off the ball handler a half step so that you can quickly move with him and you'll find post defense quite easy in this game.
Very good suggestion. I was going to play around some more with this over the weekend, to see if I could combat it moreso. Glad to see that you've already done some of this stuff.

Good to see you around. It's been a LONG time.

And the debate, well, it is what it is. This game isn't for everybody at first glance. But those who are willing to overlook some of the glitz and glamour, and spend some time with it, I'd say 3 out of 5 would probably really enjoy the game at a minimum.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:33 AM   #378
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadleft
Really digging the game too and have been for a while, I just didn't want to get into the debate and have to justify with others what I did with MY money.

For me it's about having control of my human control player at all times which this game does far better than any other option. Which, by the way, I have noticed there are small instances when they either delay, take it away, or reinterpret user input, ala 2K, and this is atypical of Live's traditional philosophy. I hope the masses aren't able to convince EA that the only way to simulate basketball is with long drawn out animations that look pretty but render the controller a "suggestor" instead.
quick question on this. are you noticing this in normal play where you *should* have control or more in instances where you are trying to do something that someone wouldnt be able to do irl? for example trying to slide defensively to the left then moving immediately back to the right while your momentum is taking you to the left?
Old 12-13-2013, 09:36 AM   #379
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

I know what he's talking about, and I've actually sent some feedback in regards to just that. Sometimes I'll be in the passing lane, and when the ball nears, I'll press the steal button, only to have no resulting steal attempt. It happens infrequently, but noticeable.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:57 AM   #380
MVP

OVR: 4

So Harden and the Rockets are off the hit list. Finally beat them last night on all star/12 minute quarters. Harden had 38 again, Dwight had 28 and 15 and the best part is Asik only took 5 shots(Synergy). Garcia and Beverly helped a lot off the bench but the had no answer for Lillard and Aldridge.

They tried though, they changed to a 2nd gear in the 4th. I could clearly see they started playing tigher defense and started pushing the ball up more for easy buckets.

I'm in love. Not perfect but great bball.

Steph Curry, Lee and Bogut are on my hitlist tonight. They have destroyed my poor Mavs at least 3 times now. Steph and that damn quick release and D Lee on the boards.

Looking forward to a good night unless the wife interrupts.

Sent from my M353 using Tapatalk
Old 12-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #381
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

I can't dislike David Lee any more than I currently do. The guy is everywhere. Love the way GSW plays though. Steph is attacking constantly, shots early in the shot clock. Its awesome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2013, 10:30 AM   #382
MVP

OVR: 6

Just purchased off of the psn store. Looking forward to playing all weekend

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited by gmac0322; 12-13-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:50 AM   #383
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I know what he's talking about, and I've actually sent some feedback in regards to just that. Sometimes I'll be in the passing lane, and when the ball nears, I'll press the steal button, only to have no resulting steal attempt. It happens infrequently, but noticeable.
ah that makes sense. hopefully they can fix that then. i havent had nearly as much playing time as you guys because i dont own the game so i only get to play with friends. will most likely be picking up a new console and the game after the holidays.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:02 PM   #384
Rookie

Williekemp15's Arena

OVR: 3

Playing my Grizzlies vs the Nuggets and i am impressed with how the defense has adjusted. Started out strong with feeding Gasol and Z-Bo down low and got a quick lead but here in the 2nd quarter they are starting to double team them when i pass down low, thats pretty awesome.
NFL: Tennessee Titans

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »