Home

NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-09-2013, 05:18 PM   #297
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

This game is really starting to grow on me. Maybe because I started focusing on this game instead of the other game. The controls are feeling starting to work for me.

One thing that's killing me is there's hardly any fouls. I have all of them jacked to 100 and I'm still only seeing 10/15 fouls called combined between both teams.

What is it with EA and there sports games? Can't get fouls or penalties down. Fifa, Madden, NHL now Live.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 12-09-2013, 05:21 PM   #298
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Glad to have you aboard 32. It takes some time, and it's a tough transition back and forth between the two control wise, no doubt about it.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:41 PM   #299
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've bought the game.. It's nice to have a game where theres other things to do then playing MyCareer (2K)

But for whatever reason, the post play is so broken in this game. It's ridiculous that the CPU doesn't get effected by how many guys is under the basket.. I mean, I double team every time, but they still manage to hit the shots. It's frustrating! I also hope they'll add animations under the basket.. 1/5 times i feel my controller vibrating because of contact, and they still make that shot. And when they actually miss I dont feel I had anything to do with it..

I've played a couple of games, not won a single one yet...
Old 12-09-2013, 05:42 PM   #300
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Glad to have you aboard 32. It takes some time, and it's a tough transition back and forth between the two control wise, no doubt about it.
I've been on board from day 1. I purchased it without playing the demo. Problem is I've been going back and forth with both. But now my time will be focused only on Live with all the issues the other game is having.

I've been watching your vids you put on FB. Game plays really well in some areas. It just bugs me about the fouls though. If they get that fixed, they could really have something for the future.

Quote:
Old 12-09-2013, 06:24 PM   #301
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
I've been on board from day 1. I purchased it without playing the demo. Problem is I've been going back and forth with both. But now my time will be focused only on Live with all the issues the other game is having.

I've been watching your vids you put on FB. Game plays really well in some areas. It just bugs me about the fouls though. If they get that fixed, they could really have something for the future.
I didn't realize you were DirtyJerz.

Going back and forth is tough. It takes almost a quarter or half to get back into the controls. It's tough no doubt.

The fouls definitely need help. I don't have the Points in the Paint issue. If you shut it down early, the game doesn't look for it until later in the game. If you shut it down then, they'll probably not come back to it. That's one thing that it does really well, it adjusts really well, and looks for new options.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2013, 06:56 PM   #302
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I didn't realize you were DirtyJerz.

Going back and forth is tough. It takes almost a quarter or half to get back into the controls. It's tough no doubt.

The fouls definitely need help. I don't have the Points in the Paint issue. If you shut it down early, the game doesn't look for it until later in the game. If you shut it down then, they'll probably not come back to it. That's one thing that it does really well, it adjusts really well, and looks for new options.
Yeah, changed the name a while back. The point in paint isn't really an issue for me because the CPU doesn't force its way in the paint. Also, the spacing is great when you want to run plays and iso's.

I also like, that my players don't auto magically come over to help and leave a shooter open. If I want I double Lebron, but never leave Ray Allen I should be able to set that. Glad Live has that feature.

Quote:
Old 12-10-2013, 04:18 AM   #303
Rookie

OVR: 1

Well I just beat the Heat pretty easily on pro at Miami

Bout to play Minnesota on all star will report back how I go.

Xbox Live - Kangawallaby
PSN - Kangawallaby
Old 12-10-2013, 05:00 AM   #304
Rookie

OVR: 1

Got over the line by a point against the wolves Martin hit a pointless three at the buzzer.
At times I got dominated in the post had to change up defensive options front Love, t jones struggles against him.

They came hard in the last and I managed to pull away to about a 7 point lead with about a minute to go

I really really enjoy this game I love having something fresh to play.

The end game report with Jalen shows you box scores of other games today when in dynasty.

Also another nice touch is the commentators talking about the great defence we played in the game against Miami in the previous game.

Xbox Live - Kangawallaby
PSN - Kangawallaby

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »