Home

NBA Live 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-09-2013, 03:04 PM   #185
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: NBA Live 14 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Did they update the demo? I remember just seeing play now with the four teams. Now I see big moments like jeff green 3 vs heat. Was this mode always on the demo playable?

PSN Brandon26ms
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2013, 03:06 PM   #186
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

I don't know if it was upon release or not. But you can play several different big moments now on the demo. Those are what made me end up purchasing the game. I saw enough good in those challenges, playing with different teams, etc that made me decide on the purchase.

The Jeff Green 3 vs Heat is only 4-5 seconds long at most though.

The Oladipo and John Wall challenges are a little longer.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:16 PM   #187
Rookie

OVR: 0

Well, I tried, and I mean really tried to like this game. Multiple plays. Learnt the controls. Etc etc.

But it is terrible. I am sorry, but there's no better adjective to describe the game than terrible. The score here of 3/10 is about right.

There's absolutely NO NBA pace to this game. It's just half court set after half court set. If I take a bad shot from the wing, the cpu never punishes me by fast breaking. They walk it up and enter a half court set. There's absolutely ZERO dynamic AI / reactive AI in this game. I manually took my defender away, I manually didn't bother to get back after misses and never did the CPU punish me in any way. You can leave JR Smith wide open and if the CPU has decided they are posting up Tyson Chandler for a 10 foot fade away (side note, there are NO tendencies in this game) then that's what they do. This is a really, really generic game of half court basketball.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:15 AM   #188
Banned

OVR: 0

That's the truth right there.

Other than some rare golden moments, the rest of the recent positive comments here are just people seeing what they want to see.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:13 AM   #189
MVP

krazyboy225's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by placebo14
That's the truth right there.

Other than some rare golden moments, the rest of the recent positive comments here are just people seeing what they want to see.
I'm going to allow you to state your opinion, without flaming you, as long as you respect everyone elses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirs
Real life isn't as fluid and pretty looking as people think it is.
Instagram
Twitter
Old 12-10-2013, 10:18 AM   #190
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Timber Wolf
Well, I tried, and I mean really tried to like this game. Multiple plays. Learnt the controls. Etc etc.

But it is terrible. I am sorry, but there's no better adjective to describe the game than terrible. The score here of 3/10 is about right.

There's absolutely NO NBA pace to this game. It's just half court set after half court set. If I take a bad shot from the wing, the cpu never punishes me by fast breaking. They walk it up and enter a half court set. There's absolutely ZERO dynamic AI / reactive AI in this game. I manually took my defender away, I manually didn't bother to get back after misses and never did the CPU punish me in any way. You can leave JR Smith wide open and if the CPU has decided they are posting up Tyson Chandler for a 10 foot fade away (side note, there are NO tendencies in this game) then that's what they do. This is a really, really generic game of half court basketball.

I believe you because I know you werent around in 2010 but you just described the exact same issues that we stated back then that synergy could not fix.

The poster named Court Vision pointed out the fastbreak issue years ago but this is the problem with not being able to tweak the game.

Galaxy Note 2
Old 12-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #191
MVP

OVR: 9

very frustrated with both next gen titles... I have to say is there anyway, anyway to stop the bouncetek cheese.. Its ridiculous.. I enjoy small things about this game, but man its incredibly frustrating that someone can dribble all day and go straight to the rim while AI just stands there and watch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2013, 10:34 AM   #192
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp111
very frustrated with both next gen titles... I have to say is there anyway, anyway to stop the bouncetek cheese.. Its ridiculous.. I enjoy small things about this game, but man its incredibly frustrating that someone can dribble all day and go straight to the rim while AI just stands there and watch
do you double tap up to push and guard the paint? I've drawn a lot of charges actually in this game. Double tap the regular directional pad in different directions to see what they do. Took me 4 games to figure this out. lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »