Home

NBA Live 14 Reviews From Around the Web

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Reviews From Around the Web within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-21-2013, 02:37 AM   #233
Pro

P21J's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NBA Live 14 Reviews From Around the Web

I don't know if it's been posted yet, but Gamespot's review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ME1fJa6vv28

MLB: New York Yankees
SOCCER: Real Madrid/ Man United
Old 11-21-2013, 06:04 AM   #234
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by P21J
I don't know if it's been posted yet, but Gamespot's review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ME1fJa6vv28

this is why we need ppl that know the sport to do reviews. This dude is running around with Roy Hibbert like he's a PG. Game isn't all that bad by playing the demo. EA did great with the presentation and the tiny little detail around the arena. I was shocked when I saw MoonDog. The courts look realistic and are even scuffed up.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:35 AM   #235
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
this is why we need ppl that know the sport to do reviews. This dude is running around with Roy Hibbert like he's a PG. Game isn't all that bad by playing the demo. EA did great with the presentation and the tiny little detail around the arena. I was shocked when I saw MoonDog. The courts look realistic and are even scuffed up.
What did he say that wasn't true though? Lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2013, 06:42 AM   #236
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
What did he say that wasn't true though? Lol
don't know because I was watching the Houston game that was DVRed while looking at the video. All I saw was him doing was playing Roy Hibbert like he was a PG and running around with other players how they are not suppose to be used. He doesn't know the sport and probably like most of the reviewers cared about pretty graphics and canned animations. If your a big NBA fan you'll notice the game isn't all that bad by playing the demo. No it's not worth full price but the game isn't horrible either. EA has something here and all they need to do is keep improving and they will be back.

Last edited by apollooff320; 11-21-2013 at 06:49 AM.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:20 AM   #237
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

this is why igns review is worthless. the guys clearly have no intention of trying to play the game realistically. for a game the review called a dunkfest, you would think they would show...you know...at least one dunk in their gameplay. but nope. he also talks about there being too many blocked shots. in that gameplay there were 3 total blocks even with them forcing up horrible shots. but yea i can see why ign is a credible source for their review.

ill wait until i try it myself to form a real opinion. i cant take the reviews seriously when they dont know how to play the game. same goes for 2k14. their live gameplay for that game didnt show anything better because they just charged the paint the whole time.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:38 AM   #238
Rookie

? Running around with Hibbert...he did it once, in a 2 player game. So if people online run around, hold turbo, and make layups or dunks every time that shouldn't matter?

I hope it's better from playing the demo that it is from looking at all released vids but man...that dribbling teaser looked soo much better..

Animations/movement are really non human from what I see...it doesn't resemble the way bball players move..at all.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:43 AM   #239
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daam81
? Running around with Hibbert...he did it once, in a 2 player game. So if people online run around, hold turbo, and make layups or dunks every time that shouldn't matter?

I hope it's better from playing the demo that it is from looking at all released vids but man...that dribbling teaser looked soo much better..

Animations/movement are really non human from what I see...it doesn't resemble the way bball players move..at all.
the reviews seem to say the same things but they contradict each other. its too easy to drive into the paint but there are too many blocks shots. well yea if you try to just charge the paint and dunk or layup without working for a good look i would hope you get blocked often. look at the last play shown in the gamespot video. he tries just forcing up a bad shot in the paint and gets blocked. thats realistic.

the issue with the team not running plays in the career mode is definitely a problem though. they need to fix that. you shouldnt have to press a button every time down to make the players run sets.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:08 AM   #240
Beat the Heat!

chi_hawks's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
don't know because I was watching the Houston game that was DVRed while looking at the video. All I saw was him doing was playing Roy Hibbert like he was a PG and running around with other players how they are not suppose to be used. He doesn't know the sport and probably like most of the reviewers cared about pretty graphics and canned animations.
Yeah, that must be it. Everyone reviewing the game is just EA haters that don't know "true basketball" like you do.

OR, this game is just a complete turd.

http://www.operationsports.com/chi_hawks/blog/

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »