Home

NBA Live 14 Reviews From Around the Web

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Reviews From Around the Web within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-19-2013, 06:17 PM   #153
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: IGN-NBA LIVE REVIEW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
Except you don't know that because you can't prove counterfactuals.

I never said or implied never, just on average they aren't credible. You agree with the logic which you claimed I used and yet you say to use it to slam IGN is laughable. Which one is it?
I agree *on the whole*. But sometimes you do get that rare reviewer that knows and cares about sports. For example, David Zdyrko for IGN. See my point?

Quote:
DaCzar has already said on his radio show that one of these sites said in 2K3 or something in a review that basketball video games didn't need plays...and 2K listened to them. That's what prompted him to get involved with 2K's development.
Uh... That was when 2K changed their play system dude. DaCzar's memory must be getting a little fuzzy.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:22 PM   #154
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Reviews From Around the Web

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
I have the game(and thankfully I didn't pay full price for it)but again, when did Bleacher Report become a credible site when it comes to reviewing Video Games or even Sports Games? Serious question BTW.

If they had gave this game a bad score, would they still be credible is people's eyes? I doubt it.

I will say there is a LOT of hypocrisy in this thread though, which makes for some entertaining reading. Hell, there's one poster here praising the game so HARD that you would think he has the game only to find out he doesn't have it. Yet, he's trashing those that don't have the game but are speaking negatively about it. Kinda ironic, when you think about it? Lol
i didnt say the review was necessarily credible. but it definitely sounds more thought out and in depth than the one from ign. he goes into detail about what he liked and disliked about the game and why.

when compared to the videos ive seen of live 14 the ign review sounds like a completely different game. he says the midrange game is nonexistent and players dunk far too often. yet in most of the games ive seen its the opposite. players have been forced to take bad shots because the defense is not awful. in the hum vs hum game from nadasfan you can clearly see that playing at least somewhat smart basketball actually works and not working for decent shots is penalized. he doesnt really mention ai at all. he says that play art is missing even though its not so that just makes it look like he spent very very little time with the game itself. basically its like hes bashing the game based on the visuals. he said the games controls lag but i havent heard that from anyone else. it sounds more like hes trying to play the game like old versions of live and theyre not instantly doing what he wants because its not physically possible.

thats just the impression that i get from reading the ign review. it didnt seem to be objective at all. almost like he had an agenda. even the beginning of the bleacher report review started out negatively but it was warranted and he did go into what was expected vs what was delivered.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:54 PM   #155
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Yikes, the reviews aren't looking to good
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2013, 06:57 PM   #156
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
So from what I can see in this thread, everyone is pointing to how all the reviews are bad and yet the EA defenders are basically coming back with "well you can't trust so & so, they don't give good reviews, they aren't credible" as the arguments? SMH
Old 11-19-2013, 07:18 PM   #157
Banned

xnate128x's Arena

I just lost a lot of respect for the Bleacher Report website. There is no way in hell that the game deserves anything near a 7.8. I'm in full support with what score Ryan Mcaffrey from IGN gave the game. He was selectively harsh and had reason to put down the various poor aspects the game offers. I don't support everything he has to say about each game he reviews, but in my honest opinion he did a fine job with everything he said about NBA Live 14. What the hell Bleacher Report........ Seriously.....
Old 11-19-2013, 07:26 PM   #158
Banned

xnate128x's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
ign. a site that posted a review saying one of ng maddens negatives was that it was too realistic.

but we should definitely trust ign.
Did you take into account that the idiot kid who reviewed Madden 25 for next gen, is just some ghetto loser who failed to do any research before he did his review? I made several comments on his written IGN review. He sounded like a complete moron in his video review. He complained about the running game being too realistic, because he was probably so used to being a cheap cheater online with current gen Madden 25. So I definitely wouldn't take his review seriously at all. I have a lot more respect for Ryan Mcaffrey. He at least seems well educated, and from what I can tell, also does the proper amount of research for his reviews. I welcome the hate.......
Old 11-19-2013, 07:28 PM   #159
Banned

Why isn't this thread being updated with the new reviews?
Old 11-19-2013, 07:33 PM   #160
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yg63
Why isn't this thread being updated with the new reviews?
None are coming out. EA probably didn't give the game to reviewers early, for obvious reasons.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »