Home

NBA Live 14 Reviews From Around the Web

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Reviews From Around the Web within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-20-2013, 08:30 AM   #201
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 14 Reviews From Around the Web

Quote:
Originally Posted by pslieber
I hate to continue to rain on this parade, but NBA Live 14 is abysmal. I literally bought my PS4 at midnight launch to play this, and can't believe how terrible it is. For those who say 10 was better, are astonishingly accurate.

To begin, the physics are terrible. Thanks to awful collision detection and player movement, everyone - including point guards - blows by and dunks. The aforementioned 'swish only' is incredulous. Balls ping pong off hands on loose balls. Jumping/block mechanics...ouch.

Cameras are sorry. The screen literally shakes subtly as teams change possession. I'm still in awe that passed QA testing. Shot animations...?! Legs flying everywhere. Post up game makes no sense in execution.

Commentary...egads. Robotic, boring, and non-sensical. Halftime show, however, is quite nice in presentation.

Rosters...ouch. I can't believe I was watching bald white guys named 'PG #0' subbing in...on supposedly up-to-date rosters.

Please don't flame me in saying this, but I've never been a fan of the 2K basketball series (albeit noting it looks awesome!)...much preferring the looser control scheme of Live. I was really hoping for something different - even if flawed - to have more, well, 'fun.' This is the worst basketball game - to my knowledge - I've ever played on a mainstream console.

I'm certain they can patch some physics-based aspects of this, but the game is so broken out-of-the-box that I don't think it's possible to salvage it.

I can't agree with you more. I was expecting a decent game that was maybe like Live 10 with some new mechanics and some nice features. Features are nice, but the game is really bad on the court. It breaks my heart literally that this franchise has turned out so bad. I'm actually surprised they released it in this condition especially after seeing the greatness of 2K's next gen launch. I can't say for sure if a foundation was set for Live if they come back with 15. But something is sorely wrong with EA's devs for b'ball, they need a spanking. This is not even worth 29.99. Oh well, ya learn.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2013, 08:45 AM   #202
Rookie

knighthawksfan's Arena

OVR: 24
I don't care what the internet says about nba live 14 I am stilling buying it for my ps4 when I get it either next month or january. Go nuggets!!!!!!!!
Old 11-20-2013, 08:59 AM   #203
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by knighthawksfan
I don't care what the internet says about nba live 14 I am stilling buying it for my ps4 when I get it either next month or january. Go nuggets!!!!!!!!
Are you 12 years old?
Old 11-20-2013, 09:04 AM   #204
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

I wasted 60 bucks. don't you do the same. I regret my purchase 100%.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:57 AM   #205
Rookie

OVR: 5

FINALLY,

Well. I was a strong advocate of Live. Played 3 games. I'm giving it a 5.0 . Its too slow, not fluid and honestly, Live 10 looked and played better. They can boast all those nice features they want, but to me, feels like its still in beta. Money has been wasted.

Agreed, Live 10 is a prized gem compared to this release. For all of those saying Live 14 is Live 10 on steroids what are you seeing and playing? Turn off your PS4 and hook your 360 or PS3 back up. Pop NBA Live 10 in and watch a cpu vs cpu game with default settings and rosters as the game was after the final EA update.

Live 14 is at best NBA Live 13 (the online version only that was to be released over year ago) with a great shoe shine job. They worked on the animations quite a bit to get them to NBA Live 14s current state. Go and watch the Live 13 gameplay of MIA v OKC and then watch the current Live 14 footage. A great shoe shine job can't hide the scuffs.

FOR the PRESENTATION LOVERS: Live 14s reoccurring lone strength being praised but would you tell your friends that the unattractive chic you took to dinner and paid for her meal had nice shoes and great lipstick?

I encourage you to watch a match-up like the HEAT vs Cavs with playoff atmosphere. You'll hear great commentary from Kerr (now with the OTHER game) and enjoy the crowd (visually and audibly) just as much or more than you currently are while suffering through Live 14.

When the DEVS liken themselves to the up and coming Cavaliers it's not a good sign. Their Kyrie won't be enough to get them to the playoffs. They'll remain a lottery team and the only reason Kyrie stays will be for the larger salary they can offer. Mike Brown is back leading the way after he was dumped a few years back but his success was tied to LeBron and he left to join a team of champions.

EA Sports/Tiburon
Kyrie...Scott OG and Ryan F?
Mike Brown...Sean OBrien
Andrew Bynum...Marketing/PR
Dion Waiters/Anthony Bennett...Bounce Tek, cmon

Last edited by kingeo19; 11-20-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2013, 10:32 AM   #206
Pro

OVR: 6

I feel like EA should have done like Konami did with the PES series in the current gen, considering that they started from scratch around PES 2010 I believe and implementing new things, they should have at least released the game at the price of $40.

Pray 24 times each day.

George bless everyone.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:44 AM   #207
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass
NBA Live 05 was arguably the best in the Live series. Why not copy its mechanics?

Hopefully the price drops to 20 bucks, then I will BETA test for them.lol
nba live 95 is the best in the series hands down
Old 11-20-2013, 10:46 AM   #208
Rookie

UNabomb's Arena

OVR: 0

i don't care what anyone says,this atrocity is unexcusable,iv'e been watching some nba live 10 lately,and i have to be honest,even live 10 looks and plays better than nba live 14? are you serious?,how's that even possible? how a game that came out in 2009 could have better animations than a game that came out on 2013 on the ps4 and the xbox one? listen,if you wanna pay 60 bucks for this piece of crap that's on you,but to say that this game is great is a pure blasphemy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »