Home

NBA Live 14 Reviews From Around the Web

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Reviews From Around the Web within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-20-2013, 03:38 AM   #193
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 14 Reviews From Around the Web

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
from the videos ive seen it depends on how you play the game. its night and day from someone who tries to play sim ball vs someone who just runs around and shoots. the few vids ive seen with someone trying to run plays and play smart look really good. a lot of the videos look mediocre at best because people dont play smart and it leads to a lot of awkward looking animations and weird sets.
You can say the same thing about the other game. If you play realistic in the other game it looks great. I've played both next gen games. And there are exploits/cheese in both. Next gen 2k is better than current gen in this regard. Sim is what you make it and live looks like trash. Whether you play sim or not. They have a lot of work to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-20-2013, 05:14 AM   #194
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Well. I was a strong advocate of Live. Played 3 games. I'm giving it a 5.0 . Its too slow, not fluid and honestly, Live 10 looked and played better. They can boast all those nice features they want, but to me, feels like its still in beta. Money has been wasted.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:19 AM   #195
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

I really can't grasp that you can't change the game speed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2013, 05:59 AM   #196
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Well. I was a strong advocate of Live. Played 3 games. I'm giving it a 5.0 . Its too slow, not fluid and honestly, Live 10 looked and played better. They can boast all those nice features they want, but to me, feels like its still in beta. Money has been wasted.
Hahaha I can't wait until fluent is taking back his delusional words once he plays the game.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:00 AM   #197
MVP

swac07's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
That's pretty much the score I gave it from viewing gameplay vids from multiple youtube channels and especially vids/streams that OG posted and ShakeDown posted earlier

• No interior defense/Contact
  • quirky passes
  • boring presentation [commentary and halftime half done/ cut and paste]
  • sluggish gameplay [and seeing that GJ confirmed no speed settings this is a big negative]
  • Hopstep shot/spin shot gets you open majority of the time
  • Players clipping through other players, the ball, and the rim [Shakedown vid/OG streams]
  • Teammates dont move around even with "Synergy" active[ no game sliders so this hurts even more]
  • On fastbreaks defense players seem to bunch up[maybe that's just me]/no speed differential between offensive players and defense during a fastbreak
  • After the substitution cut scene during fts one player on the line is facing the wrong way then pops back in place it happens numerous times [Shakedown vid]
  • Strange body animations [check out lebron has a charlie horse on youtube or any other vid]
  • Animations defying penalties [reach fouls, out of bounds, and back court]
  • Odd block and shots animations
my positives= bouncetek and multiple game features
I hope live 15 gets it together!!

This is not the "foundation" I want live to build off of like everyone is preaching, I see no "SIM" in this, just arcade especially if you can run to the hoop with turbo and pull off a layup or dunk with the paint packed with defenders and no consequences...with the money and staff they have I feel they could do 100xs better

Last edited by swac07; 11-20-2013 at 06:20 AM.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:41 AM   #198
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
Hahaha I can't wait until fluent is taking back his delusional words once he plays the game.
Na man he's gonna talk about the promise it has to save face lol.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:54 AM   #199
Nak Muay

pslieber's Arena

OVR: 5
I hate to continue to rain on this parade, but NBA Live 14 is abysmal. I literally bought my PS4 at midnight launch to play this, and can't believe how terrible it is. For those who say 10 was better, are astonishingly accurate.

To begin, the physics are terrible. Thanks to awful collision detection and player movement, everyone - including point guards - blows by and dunks. The aforementioned 'swish only' is incredulous. Balls ping pong off hands on loose balls. Jumping/block mechanics...ouch.

Cameras are sorry. The screen literally shakes subtly as teams change possession. I'm still in awe that passed QA testing. Shot animations...?! Legs flying everywhere. Post up game makes no sense in execution.

Commentary...egads. Robotic, boring, and non-sensical. Halftime show, however, is quite nice in presentation.

Rosters...ouch. I can't believe I was watching bald white guys named 'PG #0' subbing in...on supposedly up-to-date rosters.

Please don't flame me in saying this, but I've never been a fan of the 2K basketball series (albeit noting it looks awesome!)...much preferring the looser control scheme of Live. I was really hoping for something different - even if flawed - to have more, well, 'fun.' This is the worst basketball game - to my knowledge - I've ever played on a mainstream console.

I'm certain they can patch some physics-based aspects of this, but the game is so broken out-of-the-box that I don't think it's possible to salvage it.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:14 AM   #200
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pslieber
I hate to continue to rain on this parade, but NBA Live 14 is abysmal. I literally bought my PS4 at midnight launch to play this, and can't believe how terrible it is. For those who say 10 was better, are astonishingly accurate.

To begin, the physics are terrible. Thanks to awful collision detection and player movement, everyone - including point guards - blows by and dunks. The aforementioned 'swish only' is incredulous. Balls ping pong off hands on loose balls. Jumping/block mechanics...ouch.

Cameras are sorry. The screen literally shakes subtly as teams change possession. I'm still in awe that passed QA testing. Shot animations...?! Legs flying everywhere. Post up game makes no sense in execution.

Commentary...egads. Robotic, boring, and non-sensical. Halftime show, however, is quite nice in presentation.

Rosters...ouch. I can't believe I was watching bald white guys named 'PG #0' subbing in...on supposedly up-to-date rosters.

Please don't flame me in saying this, but I've never been a fan of the 2K basketball series (albeit noting it looks awesome!)...much preferring the looser control scheme of Live. I was really hoping for something different - even if flawed - to have more, well, 'fun.' This is the worst basketball game - to my knowledge - I've ever played on a mainstream console.

I'm certain they can patch some physics-based aspects of this, but the game is so broken out-of-the-box that I don't think it's possible to salvage it.
Well..you definitely got something different lol. Nobody said different meant good. Asparagus is different than a candy bar.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »