Home

NBA Live 14 Reviews From Around the Web

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Reviews From Around the Web within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-19-2013, 01:28 PM   #121
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Reviews From Around the Web

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
Don't u know u pretty much described 2k14 next gen Cap? Lolz

Maybe, but they still look good enough. I don't see any way 2k can be unplayable....live is
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2013, 01:39 PM   #122
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_hawks
But you have no problem discrediting the review? Makes sense.
Yes because I know this guy doesn't play the games through. Probably plays and hour max for all I know. If u have 2k14 next gen and read his review you would know this guy sucks at reviewing games. I think we need dedicated sports game reviewers so we can get some real reviews from sports fans and BR may be one of them.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:42 PM   #123
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

I bought the game simply because I wanted it. While I do not agree with the 4.3 that IGN gave it, this title is not a finished product - and I was expecting that. Had some fun it and there are definitely areas that it shines, but just not enough for me to suggest to someone that spending $60 is worth it.

It is not straight trash(IMO - you can have your own of course) and there is a good foundation to build on, but I understand when a company is asking consumers to spend $60 on a game, more times than not the consumer doesn't want just a good foundation.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:51 PM   #124
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
I bought the game simply because I wanted it. While I do not agree with the 4.3 that IGN gave it, this title is not a finished product - and I was expecting that. Had some fun it and there are definitely areas that it shines, but just not enough for me to suggest to someone that spending $60 is worth it.

It is not straight trash(IMO - you can have your own of course) and there is a good foundation to build on, but I understand when a company is asking consumers to spend $60 on a game, more times than not the consumer doesn't want just a good foundation.

Hope the price drops quick because I would like to try it out. $20-40 and I buy it.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:57 PM   #125
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS

Exactly. And while I don't think anyone was expecting Live to be something worthy of a 9.5 score I think people were expecting it to at least live up to all the hype and commentary the big wigs at EA Sports had been saying in light of scrapping their last NBA Live game. Remember when they said "No, I'm not letting this game go to market as it is.. its not good enough, its not ready yet.. we will take our time to give our fans the game they are expecting"... and all the Live fanboys cheered! And even some non-fanboys cheered! And the online pubs gave EA Sports and the head guy props for coming out and admitting the last game needed to be scrapped....

... and after all of that.. THIS is what people are being asked to shell 60.00 out for? I'm sorry but EA Sports set themselves up for this harsh critizim with the grandstanding they did two years ago.. and all the pumping up they did for next gen with select features and clips of the game. Again, I feel if this were the ONLY basketball game around for the past 5-7 years, people would feel differently about it.. but even if people dont care too much for 2k14 next gen.. you have to admit that 2k14 current gen is still lightyears beyond Live next gen. EA really REALLY has no excuse this time around.

I hope they don't try to buy the NBA license.

PSN = LordHveMercy08

XBL = Lord Hve Mercy

Add me now, because I don't like playing with little random 12 year olds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2013, 01:59 PM   #126
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
Hope the price drops quick because I would like to try it out. $20-40 and I buy it.
Hopefully you can try the demo out this afternoon. I was being honest when I said there is some fun to be had with the game, but it does have a ways to go still. I am happy that I have it and it will get played, maybe not nearly as much as 2K, but enough.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:04 PM   #127
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOO
That's not true at all. ANYONE can write on bleacher report. I can go on and say Kwame Brown is the greatest of all time if I wanted to.
I....I would like to read this....
Old 11-19-2013, 02:06 PM   #128
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
Exactly. And while I don't think anyone was expecting Live to be something worthy of a 9.5 score I think people were expecting it to at least live up to all the hype and commentary the big wigs at EA Sports had been saying in light of scrapping their last NBA Live game. Remember when they said "No, I'm not letting this game go to market as it is.. its not good enough, its not ready yet.. we will take our time to give our fans the game they are expecting"... and all the Live fanboys cheered! And even some non-fanboys cheered! And the online pubs gave EA Sports and the head guy props for coming out and admitting the last game needed to be scrapped....

... and after all of that.. THIS is what people are being asked to shell 60.00 out for? I'm sorry but EA Sports set themselves up for this harsh critizim with the grandstanding they did two years ago.. and all the pumping up they did for next gen with select features and clips of the game. Again, I feel if this were the ONLY basketball game around for the past 5-7 years, people would feel differently about it.. but even if people dont care too much for 2k14 next gen.. you have to admit that 2k14 current gen is still lightyears beyond Live next gen. EA really REALLY has no excuse this time around.

I hope they don't try to buy the NBA license.
Obviosuly the hype and build up that they created about this title was not accurate. This could simply be marketing being marketing, or over expectations from the powers that be, based off of what they were being told by the developers - have no idea, and do not pretend to.

Knowing the struggles they have had with this series, I tempered my expectations severely. I am still rooting for this series, and am not ashamed to say that. We all win when there are multiple quality products in the market.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »