Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Videos - Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns (PS4)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Videos - Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns (PS4) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-16-2013, 11:34 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Videos - Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns (PS4)

I think there are things that NBA Live seem to be doing better than NBA 2k. It is obviously not going to be as good of a game, but I really love having some variety. I do think the game looks kinda ugly, but it looks like a nice brand of basketball underneath it.

I've always thought that players move and cut off the ball with conviction in NBA Live, and their floor spacing is great. 2k just hasn't improved much in a while, so I am really really hoping that NBA Live stays around and keeps getting better.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:51 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Jesus ****ing Christ, can anybody, anybody give their own, honest impressions of Live without including 2K in the topic. It's a joke how so many cats can't give a critique about something that's wrong with this game without trying to justify it by including how 2K handles the same issue. The goal is to help Live be better over here, not 2K. Whether 2K handles something well or not is irrelevant especially so when it's still handled like rancid garbage in Live. Stick to Live. Live.
Not a fanboy by any means. I wasn't the guy going around saying live sucks. Chill out I'm a fan of both. I can say what I want about both games cuz I do so in moderation.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:00 AM   #59
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11
I think the game is very fundamentally sound, from a basketball standpoint the game ran well, I caught myself talking to the screen "like pull that CP3!", it felt like the players actually thought. Solid base, just needs more animations all throughout and I can already see the game being 20 times better.

Overall they're headed in the right direction, under the hood stuff seems good, just gotta make it look pretty now. Momentum shot animations, contact animations (on and off ball), rebounding animations, post animations, and all sorts of subtle animations.

I would definitely buy it though, maybe not at $60 but buy for sure.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:01 AM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASKCREW1
Lol the way it is for some people here is if it isnt better than 2k is garbage

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
They're the only two basketball games on the market, they're both the same price, except one is dramatically better than the other, so of course people are gonna point out the fact that Live just isn't capable of competing with the other product.

If a ferrari and a ford pinto are the same price, which one are you buying?
Old 11-17-2013, 12:04 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 2
EA Sports has some work to do in this next year, I got Madden on PS4, its nice and all, but feels like a port with some new texture, I got Need For Speed on PS4, and it very much feels like a port with new textures. Now sure Madden has some of its current gen flaws fixed like screen plays, kick returns, and what not, but still it feels like a port with better textures and a improved crowd. And as for this NBA Live game, meh it looks like a port. If you ask me it looks a lot like Live 2002 ported from PS2, or maybe Live 2005 ported. By the videos it looks like they have the presentation down pat, and the crowds look great. Commentary sounds horrible, players look more like robots then anything.

But I hope EA has a plan with this game and hopefully they build on it. I really don't understand or believe they spent 3 years working on this game, it looks more like they ported an older version of Live then added in the same crowd that Madden uses, and then maybe worked on player faces and that's about it. Cause if they had 3 years or so to make a PS4 game it would have to look better then this. It should be looking as good or better then 2k14, and it doesn't look close, then again none of the EA games look good as 2k14 does...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2013, 12:06 AM   #62
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17
Presentation looks great but gameplay looks bad.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:19 AM   #63
Rookie

westview33's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay (Suns vs. Clippers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
Why wouldn't they?
because they've never done it any previous version of Live before that's why.

And I'm sure your going to tell me in Live 10 or Live 09 that you saw a AI controlled player put up a triple/double on you right???
Westview Basketball #33
Old 11-17-2013, 12:24 AM   #64
Rookie

westview33's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman
Presentation looks great but gameplay looks bad.
This is why I don't get excited over EA Trailers that hype up their basketball games.

There's nothing in that video that I saw which looks anything like the player movement in the trailers.

To be honest with you and not to be rude or anything but the players move like little kids on the floor as opposed to graceful NBA players.

That looks like something you'd see at the local YMCA with kids or old farts in a 40 and over league.

Westview Basketball #33

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »