Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Videos - Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns (PS4)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Videos - Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns (PS4) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-16-2013, 10:59 PM   #49
Banned

xnate128x's Arena

OVR: 0
I'm sorry guys, but most of you need a strong prescription for glasses. The NBA Live franchise is dead. I can't see them improving enough next year to justify a $60 purchase. I can't even see them making it a $60 purchase the year after that. Everything about this game screams not even close to being finished. Yeah 2K isn't a finished product for next gen either, but my god it's light years ahead of Live in every aspect. You can all argue with me all you want, I don't care. Just stop trying to be optimistic about Live. It's a waste of time. You're fighting your logic, telling it to try and accept a disgusting joke of a game. Madden is way better than this catastrophe for god sakes, and that's saying a lot. I just wish a lot of you who post comments on here weren't so naive. There's a reason they didn't post any game play videos before it's release. This is it right here. I will never forgive the morons who purchase this game for their next gen console this year. Never ever. You people are apart of the problem. Save your money and spend it on something that actually matters, instead of spending it on this garbage. Holy crap I feel better......
Old 11-16-2013, 11:00 PM   #50
Pro

Matty Aqua's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Videos - Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns (PS4)

Was just about to mention how dead the game feels without the commentary!...Beat me too it!

Presentation is nice tho,I like the Espn style Scorepad,and the Espn music!...Look NBA Live is not quite to the level that 2k is obviously but certainly looks like a solid building block to build around!....Hopefully they can get a Franchise Mode happening and build a healthy competition between the 2 Basketball Brands!
Old 11-16-2013, 11:06 PM   #51
Banned

xnate128x's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
Passing looks disgusting. I mean, absolutely sulphur-dioxide-smelling RANCID. Makes 2K's passing look flawless (which it is FAR from being, it's a big weakness).
I fully agree with you. Although, 2K's passing animations are a lot more fluid and crisp looking. Yeah you pass it to someone you didn't plan on sometimes, but it's still a lot better than what this junk showcases. I would constantly get angry while playing NBA 2K13 on my 360 because of the bad passing, but it is wayyyyyyy better than what I thought it was after looking at NBA Live 14.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2013, 11:12 PM   #52
Banned

xnate128x's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaman
Was just about to mention how dead the game feels without the commentary!...Beat me too it!

Presentation is nice tho,I like the Espn style Scorepad,and the Espn music!...Look NBA Live is not quite to the level that 2k is obviously but certainly looks like a solid building block to build around!....Hopefully they can get a Franchise Mode happening and build a healthy competition between the 2 Basketball Brands!
The ESPN overlays are just a crutch for their absolutely horrid presentation execution. All of the commentators have way too much dead air, along with them sounding way too scripted. During the halftime and post time shows, Rose just randomly stops what he's saying after each statement. He talks like he should keep going, but for some reason just randomly stops on a dime. It makes no sense. The stitching technology in other EA Sports titles is non existent also. I know I'm being super negative about this game, but I have every right to be as such. Bring on the hate.... :-)
Old 11-16-2013, 11:16 PM   #53
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
This is the type of game that should be on all platforms for $19.99 or something like that. I'm talking iOS, Steam PC, X360, PS3 etc... As many platforms as possible. They're going to need to muster up the largest possible install base out there. Every dollar counts if they want to continue.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:20 PM   #54
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

I can't stand the movement. Still looks way too herky jerky for my liking which IMO is inexcusable on CG let alone NG. Commentary is OK when they are speaking but there is too much dead air and no real flow to it. Feels like Breen reading his line - pause - JVG reads his line - rinse & repeat.

Unlike Madden I think the players are too small for the court which creates artificial spacing. IRL there isn't that much open space on a NBA court considering the size of the players and their respective wingspans.

Defensive player awareness seems a half-second off. There was a plain the 2nd quarter where Jamal Crawford initiates a P&R. Len shows and just runs back to the screener leaving JC to just stroll down the lane. No coach in their right mind would teach their bigs to defend the P&R like that. If you're not gonna have your guards fight through the screen than the bigs have to either show hard or play off and force the guard into shooting a jumper.

Graphically it still doesn't look like a NG game to me and the animations look very poor.

If there's a demo for the XB1 I'll give it a try but if not I'll pass.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:31 PM   #55
Banned

xnate128x's Arena

Just so everyone understands my logic about why I'm so critical with EA Sports. I hate how they waste the developers talent with their crappy and wasteful direction. I know for a fact it's mostly not their fault. This is why every EA Sports title is half assed. EA was named the worst gaming company of the year for a reason. Not the developers, the company as a whole. Just thought I would clear that up, so not everyone thinks I'm some brainless moron. Someone who just hates on everyone thinking I can do better myself. Hope that clears things up a bit.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2013, 11:32 PM   #56
Rookie

ekferio's Arena

OVR: 4

I don't understand how people who were involved in the game development of the Live series not getting fired from their jobs already. I mean how many shots can you give them? Must be nice to have a big developer like EA to have enough budgets year after year to cover their mistakes. The players still move like Live 10 with little to no improvement on graphics. When I first saw the Kyrie Irving promo videos, I thought they final came through and made something decent. But damn, I was highly disappointed. Live is done as far as I'm concerned until they replace everyone from the team and start from scratch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »