Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
NBA 2K25 Cover Athletes - Jayson Tatum, A'ja Wilson and Vince Carter
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive and Analysis
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games

Old 10-20-2013, 03:38 AM   #689
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

That video has over 4,000 dislikes and only 1,400 likes. Great job EA, you just killed your chances of competing with 2K. Even if Live 15 comes out (which I doubt it will, due to sales) no one is going to buy it due to EA's track record.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:43 AM   #690
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by iverson_2k
That video has over 4,000 dislikes and only 1,400 likes. Great job EA, you just killed your chances of competing with 2K. Even if Live 15 comes out (which I doubt it will, due to sales) no one is going to buy it due to EA's track record.
They couldn't even doctor their product enough to make a hype trailer look good. Does that speak volumes about the state of the franchise? Maybe an independent company can do better? How many of us developers on this forum want to get together and do a kickstarter?
Old 10-20-2013, 03:52 AM   #691
Rookie

OVR: 0

If you look at the 2K14 trailer it has over 9,300 likes and ONLY 180 dislikes. I REPEAT only 180 dislikes of the 450,000 people who viewed it. 2K please find some money under the couch and get the licence to the NCAA and NFL & NFLPA. EA has no idea what they are doing. "EA SPORTS, It's in the GRAVE" LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2013, 03:53 AM   #692
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by iverson_2k
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subversion
They couldn't even doctor their product enough to make a hype trailer look good. Does that speak volumes about the state of the franchise? Maybe an independent company can do better? How many of us developers on this forum want to get together and do a kickstarter?
I wonder what Ty Stover and the devs thinks of the reception thus far. Im not really going to go off YT dislikes etc, because the only thing the stockholders will look at is sales. theyve spent too much since Elite, to recoup so little. If this games ends up i the bargin bin by black friday, they might as well:
Attached Images
File Type: png wrap-it-up-box.png (234.2 KB, 148 views)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes
Old 10-20-2013, 04:26 AM   #693
Rookie

OVR: 1

They should aim for this in the look department next year/ whenever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1it24MuO4k
That'd close the graphics gap. You'd think a next gen title would be capable of that. Hope they release the game, could still be a ton of fun, but man. It's time to smooth out the movements, it's been one of their biggest criticisms for awhile. And slow some of the animations down a bit.

The dribbling is moving with a purpose. They need to make everything else look like it moves with a purpose. You'd think some players in Live just took medication and just going through the motions before they drop.

Last edited by Halfamazing; 10-20-2013 at 04:38 AM.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:50 AM   #694
MVP

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirs
When did I say his efforts did nothing for live or 2k? I think the best we've seen of him so far is when he collaborated with live thx to their support, employees and tech. He was able to help solidify the dribbling from 9 in one year and who knows whatelse. He's had 3 on 2k with their staff and it still doesn't feel good to me in lots of aspects.

As far as the new staff I like they looked to someone familiar with live 10 and FIFA.

I'm not here to argue. I like the trailer and live.
So Mike Wang lost his design mojo somehow after leaving EA?

Meanwhile, 2K continues to get better and dominate with his return, and Live completely collapses upon his departure. Yet you want to credit the guys who manned the helm for that collapse as being his true muses?

EA Mike good. 2K Mike baaad. Seriously, who is responsible for the messes that are Live/Elite 11, 12, and 13?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
Sirs does this apply to the 1 year change in control from Live 10 to Elite as well? Or the next change Live devs were going to implement from Elite to Live 13 also? what about Lives 13 control changes to whats now in Live 14.. thats 1 year too, correct me if im wrong.

Wait... isnt this a hypocritical statement? thats a 1 year change in controls, which you said was bad in the other statement i quoted and now its flip flopped for this one.. which is it? you said it doent feel good to you, nothing wrong with that..
Haven't you been following? It's only bad if 2K does it. Even if its the same guy responsible. Especially if its the same guy responsible. :P

Last edited by Sundown; 10-20-2013 at 05:05 AM.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:51 AM   #695
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
This is the first time I'm thinking 2K Sports game looks better visually than an EA Sports game. Graphically, the characters just don't appear as real as NBA 2K14.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2013, 04:57 AM   #696
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack

Maaaannnnnn......I have ****ing seen it all now. We've officially hit rock bottom of this discussion. My man gonna give everybody on the team but Wang credit for the good parts of his holy grail of basketball games and somehow single out just Mike for all the bad that was in the game at the same time. Earth today.

I hope my man Mike is reading this **** and having himself a nice big smile with his heels kicked back looking at his stack of 2K11, 2K12, 2K13, 2K14 CG and 2K14 NG sitting next to his stack of Live 10, errr moving on, ummm okay, ehhh nevermind.
Apparently he smiled, kicked his heels back, quietly lit a victory cigar and clicked "Like".

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »