Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-20-2013, 12:01 PM   #705
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
your arguments are so flawed. since you have reading comprehension issues. I wrote:

Im still waiting for you to point out where I called you a homer. Point it out.. I'll wait. Homerism promotes stagnation, which is a play on your flawed hates pollutes the mind rhetoric. clearly you are slow to catch on. Its obvious you felt what i said, & took it to heart. Thats on you.

You dont know what to hate and dang sure dont list it for devs to see so, really how can you say people hate the trailer.. Were all clearly basketball fans so we point out what we dont like and like hoping these things get fixed. you have trouble doing so.

then you make up bs to supports your points.. congrats you bought 2k games before unfortunately this is the live forums, so why do you bring up that game in this forum?.. get a blank piece of paper and write "2k games i bought at the top" of the paper, on the left side list those games, and then place some gold stars next to those games. at the bottom of the page write "I'm proud of myself" and then go hang that paper on your fridge somewhere and pat yourself on the back. kudos to you Nick.. truely.

Sirs does this apply to the 1 year change in control from Live 10 to Elite as well? Or the next change Live devs were going to implement from Elite to Live 13 also? what about Lives 13 control changes to whats now in Live 14.. thats 1 year too, correct me if im wrong.

Wait... isnt this a hypocritical statement? thats a 1 year change in controls, which you said was bad in the other statement i quoted and now its flip flopped for this one.. which is it? you said it doent feel good to you, nothing wrong with that..

who said it was a crime to Like live? No one has a problem with that here.. atleast I dont.. feel free to like it, knock yourself out... throw a parade.

did you ever stop to think we're basketball fans, regardless of Live or 2k.. people disliked aspects of the trailer and pointed them out. or are they supposed to go into the other forum, and say they dislike Live trailer. Or are we supposed to talk about Live in the Live forum? Are you catching on, or shall I space the words out so you can understand them a little better ?

Man you cant like/dislike anything without these staunch Live Defender Force guys patrolling, and when they dont have a rebutall or act like filet they pull a Kanye on Taylor Swift..

I hope these defenders buy 5 copies of the game each, becuase if this game sells less than Live 10, it could be a 1 and done. EA spent so much money since Elite 11, basically their basketball games are a moneydump...

lol, you're a funny guy. again, I don't care if ppl like or dislike the trailer, I take issue with ppl who assume the game is going to suck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #706
Rookie

OVR: 0

I don't expect to be buying an EA sports game this generation. I'll consider UFC only because it looks like a TRUE NEXT-GEN game and has great physics. That E3 reveal was amazing and they still have till May to release it. I haven't played madden since 05 b/c it has been garbage ever since. I won't start playing football games till 2K gets the license back.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:58 PM   #707
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
lol, you're a funny guy. again, I don't care if ppl like or dislike the trailer, I take issue with ppl who assume the game is going to suck.
Why? Isn't that their opinion? You can't be saying that you don't think they deserve the right to that opinion.

Remember hate pollutes the mind.
Old 10-20-2013, 02:26 PM   #708
Rookie

seanhazz1's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Verite
Can't deny the dribbling tho. Live gives more control and less automation ie 2k.
This has been always the case. I am getting both, because the guys I like to play with are getting both.

Live's players have always controlled better than 2K's players. Some say its too "arcady", but you won't see Dwight Howard, Lebron, or any other 'signature skilled' players leaping from 15-20 feet away to block you at the rim, when you're faster PG is already there on a fast break, like I see now in 2K (try it in game). There is no "gimmick" to help you stick to your opponent on defense in LIVE. Real basketball is positioning and execution. Signature skills broke 2k online (who needs an over the top 4th quarter trait) to the point you won't see weaker teams player a lot online.

I am tired of it (2K) only looking better than LIVE at this point. Thats the only comparison the detractors have at this point, and they are running with it like they work for 2K. Their (2K's) online servers have always sucked, online leagues constantly freezing, locking players out, deleting themselves, and a host of other network issues that are recurring, and thats when the server is up.

They gave us a shiny bone with a half a$$ed FIBA (Live 10 had 24 teams vs. 16 for 2K)not done properly and regressing the idea (Think FIBA with the level of FIFA support), current gen gameplay always felt sluggish unless you play at warp speed, the correct rosters are never right for online play, their"introduction" of ball physics this year is sloppy, and reminds me of Madden locomotion last year with players bouncing off each other after the play was dead,.... and every player model is a superhero (Nerlens Noel with muscles like LeBron). People obviously keep forgetting that flavor of Kool-aid or just have been conditioned to prefer it.

If it LIVE performs in the least like current gen, NCAA football, Madden, or FIFA (they all use locomotion engine) then 2K should be wary. They are relying on the masses who gravitated and drank the Kool-aid during LIVE's absence, and liked the pretty colors and uniforms and sneakers.

I'm sure that Live/2K battle is going to be in full effect after this season, and 2k will be forced to change...for the better and not just graphically or introducing things that should be standard years ago, as "new". All of these features were in LIVE 10, not including daily roster updating (Synergy Sports), "MYPLAYER" type leagues. Competition in software development always brings out the best in each competitor. I'm sure 2k will always look nice, and attract the masses of superhero fans.

I'm mad at LIVE too for standing us up too many times, but this time, I'm actually going to hold a 'Competition' and decide from there. Mike
Wang went to 2k and took his 'ideas' with him to 2K so now you see 2K doing some LIVE stuff.

I can't wait to hear Steve Kerr and Marv Albert again, if they are in!

Lastly, 'we're talking about trailers, not promised 5-on-5 game-play , not 5-on-5 gameplay, but trailers, not 5-on 5 game-play that we all want, but trailers....'
NBA 2k18
Madden 18
Absolver
STO
TWITCH Stream
BEAM Stream
Old 10-20-2013, 03:48 PM   #709
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanhazz1
I can't wait to hear Steve Kerr and Marv Albert again, if they are in!
Psst. Steve Kerr works for 2K now. And he's fantastic. I've always thought so even when he was at Live.

I also think its silly to judge brands on who had what feature first. I'm not buying a brand. I'm buying a product and I'll buy and play the best product possible. If Live is better overall in the aspects important to me, then that's the product I'll choose. It's not drinking kool-aid to evaluate and enjoy 2k for its merits, flaws and all.

That makes a lot more sense to me than self-identifying with a brand and waiting vainly on promises and hopes alone personally. :P It's also a lot more fun.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:51 PM   #710
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
Do you assume the game is going to be good?

The whole *point* of the trailer is to convince them the game will be good. Why can't they use their own judgement to conclude otherwise?
Old 10-20-2013, 04:34 PM   #711
Rookie

Just out of interest have they announced who the commentary team are this year? Im not sure if this has been talked about yet?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2013, 04:43 PM   #712
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbalhologram
Just out of interest have they announced who the commentary team are this year? Im not sure if this has been talked about yet?
most likey breen and van gundy. they did they had a special surprise tho lol. wouldn't mind the option to pick tirico and brown.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »