Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-19-2013, 09:25 AM   #609
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

If you watch the video in 1080p fullscreen, there is a lot there that is damn impressive.

I've been playing 2k14 on PC at 4K res for a couple weeks and am still impressed at 'some' of this Live footage.

I am expecting a solid game here with good foundations for future games.

Seriously, anyone saying cancel this now is a fool.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:25 AM   #610
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
few tweets from the main dev.

@Da_Czar says Live fans, don't give up after seeing the trailer. There's sure to be more in store. #SimNationRadio

Scott O'Gallagher@ScottOGallagher 14h @jpdavis1982 @ClintOldenburg @SimFBallCritic it's a perfect example of why you don't jump to conclusions over videos. #GamePlayIsKing
lol... the same thing was said about elite 11, live 13, and it seems they are saying the same thing about live 14.. What a coincidence! I remember when EA dev team was excited to release elite 11 demo, they really thought that it was solid, with rocket dunks from freethrow line and etc... reviews came back and they were actually puzzled about all the complaints. They actually thought the game was great and solid. I think it just comes down to standard now, EA vision for basketball doesn't meet my vision for basketball.. Thats why i cancelled my preorder. Others might see things the way we does, but I'm like Mike Wang... I'm out!
Old 10-19-2013, 10:07 AM   #611
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

The dribbling looks good when they are standing in the same spot. But when they start to move, it looks like a typical EA Sports game, stiff and robotic! EA can't make their animations trasition smooth for nothing, it's like the stand still dribbling and player movement are two different things.

Last edited by ghettogeeksta; 10-19-2013 at 10:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2013, 10:14 AM   #612
Banned

OVR: 0
They should of pulled this video like they did the madden and came back with a breakdown video showing the specific things that make the game next gen....but they didnt so now they should drop a video like that and a feature list on monday they have nothing to loose ....as I was was one of the bigger live fans I am totally disappointed and they only thing that could bring me back is gameface in a basketball game and crisper game play when its not slowed down
Old 10-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #613
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:

@Da_Czar says Live fans, don't give up after seeing the trailer. There's sure to be more in store. #SimNationRadio

Scott O'Gallagher@ScottOGallagher 14h @jpdavis1982 @ClintOldenburg @SimFBallCritic it's a perfect example of why you don't jump to conclusions over videos. #GamePlayIsKing

Wait, so they showed me team fortress Nash and that jerky video and im now im jumping to conclusions?

Wait...everybody is jumping to conclusions over a video
Old 10-19-2013, 11:45 AM   #614
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

Although this looks like a really poor excuse for a next gen basketball game, it will at least be an improvement over the garbage of Elite 11 if they don't have a jesus Bynum in the middle of the court. I guess that's something

Last edited by Melbournelad; 10-19-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Old 10-19-2013, 12:15 PM   #615
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:

Why not release a video or better yet, a game without the many, many visual problems then?

Graphics can be terrible and defenders can jerk around spastically but gameplay is king as long as we have pretty dribbling animations?

If we're not supposed to judge the game by a video, then we should also discount everything positive we see. Can't have it both ways.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2013, 12:21 PM   #616
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Why not release a video or better yet, a game without the many, many visual problems then?

Graphics can be terrible and defenders can jerk around spastically but gameplay is king as long as we have pretty dribbling animations?

If we're not supposed to judge the game by a video, then we should also discount everything positive we see. Can't have it both ways.
EA acts that way with all their games, it's something i'm very used to. When we look at these trailers and sizzle videos, we're only supposed to point out the good. When all the bad is pointed out and brought to the table, it's an "old build" or the AI is "turned down".

Why can't the fans and developers of these games see that it just looks bad, and if it looks bad, it will probably play bad. We've done this dog and pony show ever year now with these games, and usually what we see is what we get. Why people keep expecting change with this company I don't understand.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »