Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-19-2013, 01:35 PM   #625
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
I think they have what's most common in writers. The first draft of a book a writer does is absolutely terrible 100% of the time. Why? Because we didn't write what we think we wrote and we didn't explain what we thought they explained, hence plotholes everywhere. Why is that? Because we are too close to the writing (or product in this case). We need to take a stepback, wait for a month or two, then look at it again or send it out for feedback/get it cleaned up by a professional editor because that's what editors are for.

From what I've seen at EA continually over the years, they don't send out or heed any feedback, whatsoever. So when they do get feedback (reviews) and they end up negative, they end up puzzled because they still believe what they wrote (or created) is a good product, when that is clearly not the case.
Agreed.

This is the same team that shuts the community out and the guys that they do bring in are handpicked yes-men.

They're sitting there right now thinking they have a gem on their hands. I guarantee it.

And maybe they do. It just doesn't look like it based on what they have shown us.

KDRE, I'm not saying they're right in their thinking. Just looking at it from their POV.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2013, 01:35 PM   #626
Pro

OVR: 6

Tim Duncan with sexy lips
Attached Images
File Type: png tim.PNG (435.0 KB, 105 views)
File Type: png hu.PNG (330.4 KB, 107 views)
Old 10-19-2013, 01:41 PM   #627
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer (PS4/Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Really? They're already on a redesign of the dribbling system (2K11) and it's already capable of everything you see touted in Bouncetek.
You can't be serious.
Old 10-19-2013, 01:47 PM   #628
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Elite simply wasn't finished. That's why it was scrapped. If EA says this game is done and ready to play then this is the best we are gonna get. This is a defining moment if EA is to shut up all the cynics out there. They must feel its good enough to be a viable option. I'm hoping we are all surprised and Live turns out just fine
Old 10-19-2013, 01:49 PM   #629
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer (PS4/Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Jay
You can't be serious.
From what I've seen of the dribbling in 2K. If one were to really get in-depth with the dribbling system yes, you'd be able to pull of any move imaginable and then be able to chain it into a shot attempt (or drive to the basket with explosion) seamlessly. It just requires a hell of a lot more practice than what Live seems to be implementing.
Old 10-19-2013, 01:52 PM   #630
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Agreed.

This is the same team that shuts the community out and the guys that they do bring in are handpicked yes-men.

They're sitting there right now thinking they have a gem on their hands. I guarantee it.

And maybe they do. It just doesn't look like it based on what they have shown us.

KDRE, I'm not saying they're right in their thinking. Just looking at it from their POV.

Their point of view Blows and this has been known for years. If multiple cancellations don't tell you that then I dont know what else will.

Then this dude is going to say we're wrong for judging the game off of what they showed us?

Man miss me with that garbage.
Old 10-19-2013, 01:54 PM   #631
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Elite simply wasn't finished. That's why it was scrapped. If EA says this game is done and ready to play then this is the best we are gonna get. This is a defining moment if EA is to shut up all the cynics out there. They must feel its good enough to be a viable option. I'm hoping we are all surprised and Live turns out just fine
Thats not why

They already knew they couldnt compete and Mike Wang told them not to do it and they refused to listen.

Had I not gone to Venice and you didnt see Boozer jumping from the FT line and how ugly it was, then hardtimes8 with that video they wouldve sold it to you. One of the guys here even had the game

They released an NCAA basketball game broken and went dark on the people who bought it, and they also sold Live 07 which was also glitch mania
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2013, 02:04 PM   #632
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Their point of view Blows and this has been known for years. If multiple cancellations don't tell you that then I dont know what else will.

Then this dude is going to say we're wrong for judging the game off of what they showed us?

Man miss me with that garbage.
The guy who posted that tweet in here has an agenda.

The Live gameplay designer who said that was talking about Madden videos. Not Live.

But I'll let him tell it..

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »