Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-18-2013, 07:52 PM   #529
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolie G
I just don't understand how a rational person could look at those 2 videos and think the NBA Live trailer is even close to the other. I don't even play these basketball games very much. I wasn't planning on buying an NBA next gen game. I probably will now after seeing the 2K trailer. Just look at it. Looks real. Live is not even in the same ballpark. Here are some things I noticed.

The D. Rose move to basket looks awkward. Why does his head kinda look towards his defender the whole way? It's like he's got a "crick" in his neck. Plus his facial expression is not natural. The Damon Lillard closeup. His face is weird, plus his jersey is standing up off the back of his shoulders like its on a hangar. What the heck? I've seen all these people talk about Melo's stutter step. Watch that part again. It's like he stops unnaturally and then shoots straight up. No momentum. Steve Nash, everyone knows about him, no need to beat his dead horse face into the ground.

I haven't followed this very closely but I do know the LIVE team has had multiple YEARS to produce a game that was ready for NEXT GEN. The graphics are not even close. The gameplay doesn't look close, but maybe they will show something later that proves that wrong. I'm all for NBA Live to be good. I wish it was and I had to make a difficult choice. Right now there is not even a choice. It's not close. 2k14 is next gen, Live is not.
Yup. As nice as the size-up move started off it all fell apart with the slow 2-foot gather that would have given the defender time to catch-up.

Kemba's form looks more like Ben Gordon's with his non-shooting hand almost on top of the ball.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:54 PM   #530
Banned

OVR: 2

I don't understand how people are more interested in watching a game then playing it. Live has never looked nor will it look more fluid animation wise. Playing it though is a whole different story. I hope people give it a play with the final product before making judgement.

I always get pumped each year 2k shows screenshots and gameplay cause it looks great. But then playing it i feel it looks more cartoonish and the movement and dribbling is just not what I expected, including the shooting, passing, atmosphere.

Don't put much stock in vids.

Last edited by Sirs; 10-18-2013 at 08:00 PM.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:54 PM   #531
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCityAndy
OK... I just watched this 6-7 times. I don't understand most of the negativity in here.

A couple of things that are AWESEOME:
1. Foot planting. Everyone has been complaining about foot sliding in 2k and there is NONE in this trailer. Great footwork.
2. Very quick dribbling moves. Sometimes the moves in 2k feel slowed down. These are incredibly quick. This will likely lead to a better 1v1 game.
3. Spacing looks better than 2k (in my opinion). In the Steve Nash pick and roll zoomed out shot you can see how much spacing there is on the floor. Very nice.
4. Signature jump shots looked good. I especially liked Tim Duncan's jumper.
5. I'm a Blazer fan - the Rose Garden looked sweet.
6. The player faces were spot on.
7. Arena lighting was excellent.

Stop the negativity people. Get pumped! We have two games to play in November!!!
Man have your eyes checked, there is so much sliding, ball warping (in which they said wasnt in the game) happening it isn't funny.... You don't see the sliding? Not to name the lag, stiffness, herky jerky movement......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 08:12 PM   #532
MVP

krazyboy225's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp111
Man have your eyes checked, there is so much sliding, ball warping (in which they said wasnt in the game) happening it isn't funny.... You don't see the sliding? Not to name the lag, stiffness, herky jerky movement......
Of all the complaints you can have about this trailer.. and yes i know there are alot of things wrong in this trailer.. foot sliding and ball warping are two things that are not present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirs
Real life isn't as fluid and pretty looking as people think it is.
Instagram
Twitter
Old 10-18-2013, 08:15 PM   #533
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp111
Seriously, watch the defenders feet around 30 seconds in. Dude looks like he is on rollerskates.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:16 PM   #534
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirs
I don't understand how people are more interested in watching a game then playing it. Live has never looked nor will it look more fluid animation wise. Playing it though is a whole different story. I hope people give it a play with the final product before making judgement.

I always get pumped each year 2k shows screenshots and gameplay cause it looks great. But then playing it i feel it looks more cartoonish and the movement and dribbling is just not what I expected, including the shooting, passing, atmosphere.

Don't put much stock in vids.
So are you excited about Live's dribbling?

Why, because of how it looks?

Because you saw vids of it today?

Wait. I thought we didn't put much stock in vids. I thought we didn't care about visuals and "watching" a game.

Some people actually like the other product's gameplay and not Live's. They're not so invested in trying to like a product that they discount it's competitor at every turn. For instance, many 2K fans can say we wished there were sig dribbles of Live's quality in 2K.

Though that's about it.

So for those of us who enjoy the other game, visuals enhance the enjoyment that much more. Better gameplay (in our opinion), better visuals (fact). It's nice when you don't have to make excuses for your decisions.

If you don't like 2K gameplay, that's fine, but don't pretend that Live's is better-- because there hasn't BEEN a Live game to play in four years. And supposing Live's gameplay will be better with zero evidence IS 2K haterism. As is being excited about any visuals in Live but trying not to be impressed about them in 2K just because you've planted your flag for a brand without a product in years.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:19 PM   #535
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyboy225
Of all the complaints you can have about this trailer.. and yes i know there are alot of things wrong in this trailer.. foot sliding and ball warping are two things that are not present.
The on ball defenders -- I haven't seen that much jerky foot sliding in a basketball game in years. As much as Live tried to hide it by having defenders be cut off half on screen
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 08:20 PM   #536
Rookie

OVR: 0
Looks like a cartoon. Doesn't look real like 2k. Doesn't have the same emotion as 2k. Looks more arcade. I shocked that a big company like EA couldn't just copy the winning formula. They are making a second rate basketball game. What was that?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »