Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-18-2013, 05:35 PM   #489
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnate128x
Well first of all you need some high prescription glasses, if you can't see that 2K14 is years ahead of Live. 2ks player movement is better. The players shot execution is better. Their graphics are insanely better. Even from the short clips, the A. I. looks better. Did you see Live's trailer at all btw? Their player models look like plastic dolls. They player movement is taken straight from that joke of a game NBA Elite 13. I didn't see any player emotion in Live. The A. I. In Live is once again a joke. In the clip with Nash where he's screened and dribbles down the lane, there is no reaction from the defender to intercept the lane and interrupt nashes shot towards the hoop. All NBA Live 14 is, is a slight beefed up port of NBA Elite. Most of the code derives itself from Elite. I wish they could start from scratch, but unfortunately that would take them years and years to do. I will never ever purchase an NBA game from EA sports again. They're a joke of a company. The best I will ever do is rent their sports games, and that is it.
Wow... you sure can extrapolate a lot out of a limited, zoomed in trailer

I agree 2k looks nice, and yes even better than Live in some ways. But to say anything about the relative guts of the two games based on these produced videos is a bit... reaching.

Give Live a chance... we all win if there are two successful developers out there!
Old 10-18-2013, 05:36 PM   #490
MVP

CaliDude916's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasong7777
Not the worst thing i've seen. Next to the competition, it would be hard to pick this over the other.

Gotta start somewhere though, keep trying EA.
Yep, just went and switched my pre-order to 2K14. I was hoping Live would come back strong, but after what I saw today, I'm not impressed. It doesn't look next gen at all. The 2K14 trailer absolutely blew me away.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 10-18-2013, 05:44 PM   #491
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Forgive me for not reading through the 450+ comments (so this has probably been expressed), but I've watched this multiple times trying to reconcile this trailer with what I thought were reasonable standards for next gen.

Everything is so rigid and disjointed. It's like the lower body, upper body, and head are captured separately, making for pretty realistic robots, but terrible basketball players.

Either that, or EA went to a park and got a bunch of old dudes to mo-cap for them because, at best, the base animations look like amateurs to mimic some signature moves (awkward and disjointed).

If this were a true first effort then I'd be less disappointed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 05:47 PM   #492
Rookie

Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer (PS4/Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
Looked really nice, just didn't like the net animations. You guys need to calm down lol, it's not bad. Also, Ultimate Team is in the game
So the hell with good sim gameplay etc, we'll just throw money at EA..
Old 10-18-2013, 05:51 PM   #493
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daam81
It might be good "sim" gameplay... we don't know yet, and frankly I don't think there is any way to tell if either game is "sim" from these two trailers. Graphics and animations have nothing (or at least very little) to do with "sim" as I understand it.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:54 PM   #494
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20
NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daam81
Well, depends on how one thinks of this. Live has always been the pick and play basketball game with 2K always being considered the complicated basketball controls. Live 10 was a fun game, and in my opinion was better than 2K10. If this game is fun, then that's justified, if it's not fun (ex. Elite) then that's where no likes it.

Tap Taptalking away from my iPhone 5.... C
Old 10-18-2013, 05:56 PM   #495
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I'm assuming he's referencing the 989/Sony hybrid game that went by a couple of different monikers over it's life span, from NBA 03 to NBA: The Life to NBA: The Inside.

It was called NBA Shootout 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
Not the show, "the life" I mean, my bad. Got mixed up.

I never discriminated when it came to basketball games, I played em' all. Live 14 will be no different.
Yeah, you forgot mention NBA Shootout.

http://www.emuparadise.me/PSX/Covers...tOut%202003%20[u]%20[SCUS-94673]-front.jpg

Last edited by SoAwesome; 10-18-2013 at 06:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 05:56 PM   #496
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LingeringRegime
The man who singlehandedly brought NBA Elite 11 to rubble shares his thoughts on the two trailers. (NSFW)

That Cooley High intro kill me lol

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »