Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-18-2013, 04:36 PM   #465
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
for a comeback, it's a good start. Animations need to be much more fluid, and I think fixing the player models, especially their arms and how they bend when dribbling or pulling up, would help the animation so much. Still too stiff right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 04:40 PM   #466
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

The man who singlehandedly brought NBA Elite 11 to rubble shares his thoughts on the two trailers. (NSFW)

Old 10-18-2013, 04:41 PM   #467
Rookie

OVR: 0
is it just me or does this look like live 09 .... hmmmm...
Old 10-18-2013, 04:41 PM   #468
MVP

OVR: 1

Had another look. There's a few things to really like, and a ton that is really bad.

Like everyone says, the dribbling animations look nice. Some of it very nice. Unfortunately most of it is in place, but the Kyrie E3 demo looked decent so it should look good although we have no idea how it actually feels or what happens when you use less-than-perfectly timed controls.

It will be the one thing 2K fans will be jealous of if 2K has done absolutely no work in that department (they've shown little defense or dribbling in their trailers, strangely, though I'm not that worried). That's saying something.

On the other end, on-ball defensive animations look horrible. Curry was going spastic. There is no general foot-planting technology in this game or it's broken. It looks worse than cur-gen 2K on that end.

However, that pivot by Felton as he tried to catch up to Kyrie looked quite good. Too bad they cut away from that "5v5" footage after 1.5 seconds probably before something else bad or jerky showed up.

A few jumpshots look great. Melo's mainly. Most look pretty terrible.

Anyway, looks like there could actually be a game in here. Not necessarily a good one, but something to build from.

Also when dunks are the least impressive and most awkward looking things in your trailer, you've done something wrong.

Last edited by Sundown; 10-18-2013 at 04:43 PM.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:47 PM   #469
Pro

Haval93's Arena

OVR: 13

I was impressed with the trailer. I thought the dribbling was pretty amazing to say the least. I looked just like D-Will when he was dribbling. I love the signature elements, Timmy had his bank shot, Kobe had the signature fade-away, Melo with the quick shutter-step and shot, Danny Green with a nice shot as well. Some Elements that I saw that stood out to me from the trailer: Fast-Breaks, in Live 10 there was no fast breaking in the game and it was simply a half-court game, I saw a couple of fast-breaks in the trailer which is a great thing, second was the move by Kobe, in Live 10, there was only one turnaround shot for everybody in the game which was horrible, it seems like that has been addressed. I didn't like some of the jerky movements and that some of the dunks still seem like rocket dunks. Visual it's sharp but the color scheme is whats killing the overall look of the game, the art team should go for a more realistic color scheme.

In the end, I saw more positives then negatives in the trailer. It's great to have two basketball games again this year.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:52 PM   #470
MVP

Koolie G's Arena

OVR: 13

I just don't understand how a rational person could look at those 2 videos and think the NBA Live trailer is even close to the other. I don't even play these basketball games very much. I wasn't planning on buying an NBA next gen game. I probably will now after seeing the 2K trailer. Just look at it. Looks real. Live is not even in the same ballpark. Here are some things I noticed.

The D. Rose move to basket looks awkward. Why does his head kinda look towards his defender the whole way? It's like he's got a "crick" in his neck. Plus his facial expression is not natural. The Damon Lillard closeup. His face is weird, plus his jersey is standing up off the back of his shoulders like its on a hangar. What the heck? I've seen all these people talk about Melo's stutter step. Watch that part again. It's like he stops unnaturally and then shoots straight up. No momentum. Steve Nash, everyone knows about him, no need to beat his dead horse face into the ground.

I haven't followed this very closely but I do know the LIVE team has had multiple YEARS to produce a game that was ready for NEXT GEN. The graphics are not even close. The gameplay doesn't look close, but maybe they will show something later that proves that wrong. I'm all for NBA Live to be good. I wish it was and I had to make a difficult choice. Right now there is not even a choice. It's not close. 2k14 is next gen, Live is not.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:52 PM   #471
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LingeringRegime
The man who singlehandedly brought NBA Elite 11 to rubble shares his thoughts on the two trailers. (NSFW)

On point..

"something has to be wrong with your eyes if you look at these two trailers and pick Live.." but I got blasted by a Mod for saying that haha..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 04:57 PM   #472
Banned

xnate128x's Arena

OVR: 0
Lol holy balls that was absolutely gut wrenchingly absolutely disgusting!!!!! Who the hell are they trying to fool with this joke of a game? I can so see them canceling the game the day before it's released. I'm never purchasing another NBA live game again. All of the developers need to be fired and find something else to do with their lives, because developing bbasketball games is not something they're good at in the slightest. I don't care that 2K hasn't shown us much. It looks so much cleaner and more robust of a game. We all know NBA 2K14 will be awesome. Goodbye forever from me NBA Live. It's been nice knowing you.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »