Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-18-2013, 03:39 PM   #433
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

You know , I went back and looked at the trailer again. And it might not be visually up to par with 2k , but they definitely nailed the shooting form and animations. Duncan, Carmello and Kobe were spot on. What impressed me the most was Danny Greene jump shot. At first viewing you cannot tell its him by how fast the screen is moving, but I could tell by his shooting form it was him.

I would give EA a solid B so far.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:39 PM   #434
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer (PS4/Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Even though I'm a basketball game casual, it's hard not to be bias against EA Tiburon for me due to what they've done with football games. So taking that into account, what stuck out to me in this trailer and the teaser earlier is the lack of facial expressions in close ups for drives, after I thought that was touted as a next gen upgrade. Also I noticed that the posters that are giving the trailer credit keep referring to "fun", not realism, eerily similar to how gamers do with Madden. To each their own but I have no idea when the bar for a sports simulation video game became just that it's fun to play regardless of how realistic the experience is, NBA Jams is fun but would that be an acceptable sports simulation video game with 5 on 5 and NBA rule upgrades? lol

After seeing this trailer I expect NBA Live to set a business model where they draw in a certain cult following and get some crossover consumers that either buy both games or just want to try something different. I don't think that's a bad business model and I'm glad the gamers that enjoy this kind of game have it to enjoy again.
With Next-Gen games being very expensive to make, will a cult following be enough to sustain a AAA game?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2013, 03:40 PM   #435
Pro

OVR: 3

Do we have any news regarding the existence of demos of the launch games?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 03:40 PM   #436
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I just can't get into it. I never thought I was a visuals guy but the competition just makes this hard to enjoy. I'm with the group that thinks the animations are stiff.

The only saving grace would be absolutely phenomenal game play, a deep franchise mode or possibly an awesome online franchise/league mode, and a great sim engine...and a few other things.

The bar has been set so high and I can't view this game in a vaccuum.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 10-18-2013, 03:45 PM   #437
Pro

exposedaking's Arena

OVR: 0

Wrong forum

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-18-2013, 03:45 PM   #438
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ck3n
However it's silly to assume these people don't want to put forth a good product, and that they're not passionate about their work. That goes for both EA and 2K. I just think EA as a publisher is more inclined to sacrifice quality for financial gain.

Unfortunately with EA it's not silly to assume they don't have a passion for what they are doing. You can hear it when current devs talk about their games and always comment about how relieved they are that they are done with it. It's also evident in the Tuner system that they integrated into their games. They did that to perfect products after they release them. Care to take a guess how many tuners have been released for Madden since they introduced that concept. Once the game is pressed 99 out of 100 times thats the last you hear from EA. We get two generic patches that fix mostly problems they knew about before launch and then they basically wash their hands of the year and move on. EA just seems to numb really creative and productive people after a year or so of what sounds like them beating their heads against the wall begging for change.

It's like my Bengals use to be. The best players were rookies because they didn't know any better. A year or two in the system they became Bengalized and started playing like all the other cast offs on the roster.

What you don't have to assume is how they feel coming out the door at the end after trying to work at EA. Just take a look at some of the opinions from developers coming out the door, some let go some quit. All have similar thoughts coming out.

Last edited by Dogslax41; 10-18-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:50 PM   #439
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
What is this face he's making?
Okay. The first couple of times this didn't make me laugh at all.

Then I started thinking it was this dude's O face and I ****ing lost it
Old 10-18-2013, 03:52 PM   #440
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer (PS4/Xbox One)

I really liked the dribbling, and graphics were...ok...not great but OK.

My problem is that this is a "hype" trailer, it's supposed to make us all go "Wow, did you see that?!"... and at least for me it didn't do it. It was just like watching any other trailer from a current-gen game that doesn't really make me excited.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »