Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #401
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush

These dudes are laughing though. They're counting the preorders & forecasts in like, "Suckers!" as they prepare their Day 1 patches to push to Sony & MS.
I expect that from all companies at this point man. I just hope the initial product is good enough to where I don't notice or can ignore the flaws for a while until a patch becomes apparently needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalky White
I think you should stop addressing me without actually addressing me. That too is insulting.
Pot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
I could not care less to address you. If I was going to address you I would. I really don't care what you type. It's just frustrating watching people try to reason with you when your responses amount to nothing more than nuh uh.
Meet Kettle.

In all seriousness, just chill before the both of you get in trouble. You may not agree with his opinion (I certainly do not) but it doesn't mean a back and forth should ensue, because no-one wins in that case.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #402
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
You called them "sheep". Dont try to be cute. Its an indirect insult to people who were supporting the other game.
Suggesting that people tend to follow the crowd, and that I do not, is not an insult. An insult would be calling someone a fanboy without reason, but then you ignored that.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:05 PM   #403
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1

This is the thing it comes down too. Live is arcade, while 2k is more SIM. If you want an arcadey fun game you go with Live. If you want a fun SIM game you go with 2k. If you want both and a change of pace, well you get Live and 2k.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:08 PM   #404
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
I expect that from all companies at this point man. I just hope the initial product is good enough to where I don't notice or can ignore the flaws for a while until a patch becomes apparently needed.

Pot.

Meet Kettle.

In all seriousness, just chill before the both of you get in trouble. You may not agree with his opinion (I certainly do not) but it doesn't mean a back and forth should ensue, because no-one wins in that case.
There's no back and forth. I had him on ignore as soon as I responded, but my original point was that there is no reason to try and directly reason with people about their opinions of the game, especially when it's obviously one sided pro or con. I still don't understand why people with opinions that strongly even go on a forum. What's the point, you aren't there to ask other opinions you are just there to try and shoot down anything someone may say about a game you had zero part in making.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:09 PM   #405
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Did you people honestly expect the first real trailer of substance to just be 2 guys playing against each other while we watched? You knew this was a trailer to show us more than an 8 second clip. The gameplay stuff with people playing the game will come out soon enough.
When a person working for the company tweets out "Legit 5-on-5 gameplay coming tomorrow" then yes. Yes it means something other than shots zoomed in to people's faces.

Don't give me this first real trailer of substance stuff man. They know what they're trying to hide. Both companies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 03:10 PM   #406
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Suggesting that people tend to follow the crowd, and that I do not, is not an insult. An insult would be calling someone a fanboy without reason, but then you ignored that.
Dont get banned. Just let it go. If you read my original post, I gave this warning to everyone. So you have a choice: Respond again and get banned or let it go (and your passive agressive beef with Dogslax) and remain a member of OS.....your choice.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:11 PM   #407
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
I already provided my impressions. If I wanted to be as critical of 2k as OS is to Live:

- LeBron was up way too high for a standard block, way too high. Couple of feet too high.

- Seems to still be a force field between collisions. Kobe sliding Rose back in air.

- Hardens beard went through his jersey.

- Kobe's face looks a bit off to me. Looks a bit wide and undefined in the chin/jaw.

- They dont have the proportions right on any of the faces if you look at it from a 45 degree angle, they look incredibly chubby. Hands look like sausages.

- Chris Kaman's beard is too dark and doesn't represent his current look. He doesn't even look like Chris Kaman
- Xavier Henry's model isn't replicated in real life
- Derek Fisher's face looks like the current gen just used for trailer purposes
- Kobe Bryant's face has a lot of discoloration and some of his face features need more tweaking like his jaw and nose
- Russell Westbrook also has some issues with his face and head
- Kevin Durant needs a little more tweaking on the face
- Lebron's face is a bit chubby
- Udonis Haslem's face needs tweaking
- Nick Young's face needs tweaking

And they showed us very little to no actual 5v5 gameplay. Mostly game stoppages such as intros, free throws, celebrations, etc.
That's a bit over critical don't you think? If you disect both videos, or any game for that matter, you are going to find issues. After all they are videogames attempting to replicate the real world, impossible to perfect. When it comes to graphics I think its fair to say that on first view and looking at both games with an open mind 2k looks better. I don't want to get into the whole arguement about which one does what better, which one does what worse, or which one focuses on this not that, or which one is zoomed in too much. If we were to look at both videos and take a poll about which one looks more like real life I say 2k wins by a wide margin.

Although I do agree about kobes face looking off. That was one thing that kinda stood out to me. Everyone else face was looking spot on then they showed kobe and I thought "hmm something looks a little off"
Old 10-18-2013, 03:11 PM   #408
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Dont get banned. Just let it go. If you read my original post, I gave this warning to everyone. So you have a choice: Respond again and get banned or let it go (and your passive agressive beef with Dogslax) and remain a member of OS.....your choice.
Does threatening people with a ban usually work?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »