Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #417
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
There's no back and forth. I had him on ignore as soon as I responded, but my original point was that there is no reason to try and directly reason with people about their opinions of the game, especially when it's obviously one sided pro or con. I still don't understand why people with opinions that strongly even go on a forum. What's the point, you aren't there to ask other opinions you are just there to try and shoot down anything someone may say about a game you had zero part in making.
Ah. That's a really good way to avoid problems. Sometimes I forget we even have an ignore function on the forums
Old 10-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #418
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
Random observation here. That sounds an awful like what Jacoby says to Jalen on the Grantland podcast
.........LOL!
Old 10-18-2013, 03:20 PM   #419
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBulls
The YouTube video has more dislikes than likes. Don't bite my head off, but that makes me kind of feel bad for them. I know it's their own doing but that's just gotta hurt. I don't see this game selling much at all.
Yeah.. I don't feel bad for them one bit. It's EA sport not some random amateurs. They're more worried with how to market their products than their products themselves. They get what they deserve.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:20 PM   #420
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Don't start this argument again.

The guy said Real Time.

And he is correct.
So, the fact that the trailer was in slow-mo and used cinematic angles somehow negates that the trailer was full of actual gameplay? Are we also disregarding the real-time quality of past NBA 2K games and somehow think that 2K14 will be any different?

Ridiculous...
Old 10-18-2013, 03:20 PM   #421
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
IMHO Live does not look good. While it's a good thing Live is back in the game it's not gonna make much of a difference if they're coming out with the same weak sauce every year. What they need to do is fix up their skinny, shiny, plastic models and improve upon core gameplay in terms of defensive rotations and player movement.

People keep talking about how we need to root for Live so that we can have competition again, but they forget that if Live continues to rest on their laurels then there will be no competition whether they're making games or not.
That's kind of the problem. If this is really the best they can do out of the gate then Live is shaping up to be no more competition to 2K than Backbreaker was to Madden. People got behind it because they wanted anything and were searching for anything to oppose Madden, but in the end the product just couldn't keep up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 03:20 PM   #422
Rookie

OVR: 7

You can already tell this is gonna be a offense heavy arcade style game. Also im tired of hearing the word potential and ea in the same sentence. After seeing the teasers for this and madden 25 and actually seeing next-gen gameplay im done. No excuse for being so mediocre anymore. We all know that Ea could go further with their games but won't either because of laziness or maybe the just dont have the talent i dunno what their issue is but the underachieving has gotten old.

Last edited by jagsrock95; 10-18-2013 at 03:25 PM.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:21 PM   #423
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
Ah. That's a really good way to avoid problems. Sometimes I forget we even have an ignore function on the forums
Oh I knew there was going to be some snarky witty comment coming back. I didn't even want to give myself the chance to get fired up at reading it.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #424
Pro

OVR: 4

Very underwhelming trailer. I mentioned before, I don't like the way Live's trailers are edited. It has no flavor. You can tell from the way the trailer is cut up that they were trying to hide the herky jerky animations. The transitional animations from dribbling to shots are still really poor and not smooth. Also I don't like the net physics. I can already tell what 5 on 5 gameplay is going to look like.

In regards to the dribbling or "Bounce tek", I think that the stand still dribbling is done very well. However, I don't like the way the explosions look (ex. derrick rose).

The player models are not my cup of tea. Players that are suppose to be standing straight up knees are bent and backs are hunched over. It just looks bad. There is also alot of herky jerky movements from the defense. Overall I never liked live's graphics current gen. They went from looking ashy to looking like a plastic cartoon character. It seems like that plastic look has made it's way to next gen.

Bottomline is that this game doesn't look Next Gen. It looks like a current gen game with a "very small" graphical upgrade.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »