Home

NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-18-2013, 02:50 PM   #385
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: NBA Live 14 Gameplay Trailer

I'm going to be fair and say that it looks a LOT better than the "teaser". They picked the worst possible scene to show off in the teaser.

It looks like it might not be a total abomination and it doesn't look completely horrible, but they kept cutting away from 5 vs 5 to get any real sense of gameplay.

Contest animations look decent. Brief glimpse of defensive animations look decent. Some jump shots look decent, some look pretty bad and awkward. Looks like a PC mod for a mediocre cur-gen game.

Dribbling looks good to very good for the most part but no idea how it controls. The transition from dribble to drive for Rose looked extremely ugly and robotic. At least they'll have something to take into next year.

Twitchy transition animations abound, which is expected for a game that's had such a short development time.

Not good. Definitely not "next-gen" looking. Not Elite 11 at least. No comparison to the "other game".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 02:51 PM   #386
MVP

RayRay34's Arena

OVR: 17

Looks like they found the Live 10 engine and pumped up the graphics... To bad it's 4 years old now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 10-18-2013, 02:51 PM   #387
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
You're wasting your keystrokes. Nothing you say will make a difference. I don't think he can see things from anyone's perspective but his, as evident by the fact that he doesn't understand calling a majority of the people posting in this thread sheep, passive aggressive or not, was insulting.
I think you should stop addressing me without actually addressing me. That too is insulting.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:53 PM   #388
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jWILL253
2K14 trailer was actual gameplay...
Don't start this argument again.

The guy said Real Time.

And he is correct.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:53 PM   #389
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalky White
I think you should stop addressing me without actually addressing me. That too is insulting.
I could not care less to address you. If I was going to address you I would. I really don't care what you type. It's just frustrating watching people try to reason with you when your responses amount to nothing more than nuh uh.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:55 PM   #390
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
I find it hard to believe that some people think these games aren't far off graphically. Imo 2k looks years ahead of live in terms of visuals. However these games do have a distinctly different art style. I think 2k goes for a more realistic "you are there" approach while live goes for a little less realistic approach and a sense that this is what you see when watch on tv not what you see whe you are in the arena. Just my personal opinion and I will admit thati did a poor job describimg the art styles lol.
I don't see Live going for a "broadcast" quality over 2K. 2K will likely look better in broadcast cam as well because of the realism of its lighting and skin shaders.

2K's "art style" is simply due to them not having as advanced shaders as 2K, with worse models and inconsistent animation quality, and as a result it looks much more last-gen and cartoony. Live's art direction has always been spotty when it came to the players themselves.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:55 PM   #391
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalky White
I didn't insult anyone. Not really sure why you're quoting my post.
You called them "sheep". Dont try to be cute. Its an indirect insult to people who were supporting the other game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2013, 02:55 PM   #392
MVP

Sports fanantic's Arena

OVR: 11

Since NBA Live has the Madison Square Garden name on the NYK's court, would 2k also be having the name rights as well?

2010, 2012, & 2014 World Series Champion

Oakland A's

2012 & 2013 AL West Champion

Golden State Warriors

2015 NBA Champion

Oakland Raiders

Just Win Baby

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »