Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-02-2013, 10:12 PM   #913
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

Well, I just really hope that MLB 14 The Show spends more time on certain position player movements (graphic wise) and baserunning (graphic wise)

On plays that could be close, or if someone is trying to run to first on a double play ball, why does the player run carelessly without any life? I think making the runner "get his hustle on" and charge like he means it out there. If someone drops the ball when fielding it, why not make the runner start appearing to sprint very hard to beat it out? Like Jacoby Ellsbury and Brett Gardner would do? That would be cool, a new stat for "hustle".

Also, this isn't a big thing but I think the catcher animations are completely dull. They should have more animations because they look like robots. They never move their gloves and it just looks unrealistic. I think there should be more life for catcher throwdowns and just everywhere catcher wise. It is too bland right now.

And why everytime you nail the pitcher in the face with a 100+ line drive in the mouth, they field that ball and act like nothing happened? You should add something where the pitcher doesn't field the ball when it happens and just flat out fall to the floor and have to be replaced.

Please consider these for next year's The Show!!
Old 07-02-2013, 10:14 PM   #914
Rookie

Also jerseys waving in the wind, we need that
Old 07-02-2013, 10:15 PM   #915
Rookie

Ohhhh and rain outs, reschedules, and that like would be cool.

Bring back rain weather! And add snow for Minnesota!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2013, 11:56 AM   #916
Rookie

catswithbats's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
Ejections in this game really need a overhaul. Ross Detwiler hit 3 of my batters, being the immature man-child that I am I decided that I was going to plunk him after the 3rd HBP. So I plunk him in the back and he charges the mound. After the cutscene is done I get a pop up saying that my SP needs to be replaced yet Ross Detwiler is still in the game even though he charged the mound? Just a minor gripe I have with the game.

I love that the fielders are more alert on higher difficulties this year. I get a hit and my runner on 1st goes to 3rd. As I go to 3rd, my runner over runs 3rd base, the cut off man alertly throws to 3rd and gets a much needed out. I was soooo pissed.
You actually had a player charge the mound? I'm jealous. That's happened once to me in all the years/versions of the Show that I've played.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:21 PM   #917
Rookie

OVR: 4

The diving catches are occuring ridiculously often for me...RTTS, Franchise, etc.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:20 PM   #918
Rookie

Another couple of things:

1) Retired numbers
It really makes me paranoid when in like 2015, Derek Jeter would for example be retired and someone else on the Yankees is wearing #2. That's nerve racking. You should make it so retired numbers cannot be assigned and in like Franchise mode for example someone retires and you have the option "David Ortiz, Derek Jeter, Tim Hudson has retired and it is in favor of retiring his #___ on the ____ ___ organization. Would you like to retire #___? Note: Nobody else may wear this number in the future."

2) Linedrives hitting the pitcher in the face 100 mph + off the bat. "Oh he's fine." every single time! No, they wouldn't go and make the play! They'd fall down and suffer a concussion! this really needs to be improved because every year this problem continues and its just ridiculous.

3) All-Star games! The people should be wearing their uniform from the team they are representing! Only the HR derby uses the American League and National League jerseys. NOT THE ALL-STAR GAME. Please change this in 14 The Show.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:15 AM   #919
Pro

Yanks22's Arena

OVR: 10

kamekdsu stop flooding this thread with complaints and crying.
NHL: Rangers
Old 07-06-2013, 10:04 PM   #920
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

First post in this thread this year, and I can't believe what I saw.

In a cut scene after a triple, the 3B for the CPU went over to talk with the pitcher and then came back to the bag.

Then he held the ball out and tried to get my baserunner using the hidden ball trick!!!!!!!!!!!

That's effing amazing--a real testament to how hardcore these developers are about the intricacies of baseball. It's a real treat to play this game. I'd gladly pay double for it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »