Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-05-2013, 10:52 PM   #113
Pro

slickkill77's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

Why were the Rays light blue home alternate jerseys removed from the game in favor of their throwback uniform that they are only using one time (last year)? They wear those light blue uniforms every Sunday. And then they have two near identical throwback uniforms taking up two slots. That's very disappointing to see. I understand we lack throwback uni's but to remove something that's been in the game for 2 years, I believe, for a one off jersey is just a strange decision.

Last edited by slickkill77; 03-05-2013 at 10:59 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:54 PM   #114
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

This game is unplayable. I am putting it back in the box and am not touching it until they can fix the stuttering problem. Almost every single pitch freezes up, making it impossible to hit. If they can't patch this, I am done with this game. It is unacceptable to pay 60 dollars for something that doesn't work.

Last edited by bronxbombers21325; 03-05-2013 at 10:58 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:58 PM   #115
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I say it every year: "there's no way they can possibly top this."

I really and truly thought about skipping this year's game, that's how much I loved MLB 12. But with the Astros moving and the wildcard game being added, yeah, I had to buy this year's game.

I've only played a little bit so far, but I'll go ahead and say it again: There's no way they can possibly top this (and yet, somehow, they will).

I don't know if it's the new overlays (which I love) or what, but the game feels fresh to me. I'm playing with pitch speed at default, and while pitches are coming in fast (I usually play on 0), I'm able to read them and able to pull the ball. Feels really really good so far. Very very happy so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2013, 11:06 PM   #116
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

The weirdest thing so far is being late on a pitch and pulling it. I get why they did it. But it's odd.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:06 PM   #117
Rookie

natey2k4's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew127
After playing some more I'm starting to get really frustrated with how just about every ball put in play is hit really hard. Double plays are turned so fast that my runner is out at first by 4 steps routinely, mainly because the ball rockets off the bat.

Still having issues scoring from second on singles, I had Hardy on second after a double and then Markakis lines a hard single to right. I sent hardy just to see how close the play would be at the plate. He was thrown out by 20 feet at least.

What sliders can be adjusted to fix this? Maybe it's still a small sample size but since I have noticed it, I am really noticing that the majority of balls put on play are hit really hard.
Strange. I had a bunch of really crappy contact balls put into play in my game. Like dribblers. Just terrible hits lol
Old 03-05-2013, 11:09 PM   #118
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4
Strange. I had a bunch of really crappy contact balls put into play in my game. Like dribblers. Just terrible hits lol
LOL me too.

One subtle change that made a GIANT difference for me. Changing the color of the pulse pitching indicator. It's no longer migraine inducing.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:11 PM   #119
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4
same here. always been a great hitter on this series since 2009; this game is completely busted as it stands, not sure what the problem is. dribblers, foul outs, weak pop flys. Nothing at all hit hard. Can't guess the pitch so I never really get a pitch to hit. Swing and miss at pure fastballs... haha they've really done a number on the hitting this year. I played two games and just quit... not going to annoy myself with it like i do madden. Might just shelve it... can't believe they took options away that I loved. That's an EA Sports thing not an SCEA Sports thing. I've always been loyal to SCEA and given them high reviews on my blog because they don't take options from our hands. This is just brutal cant believe how let down I am.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:12 PM   #120
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
LOL me too.

One subtle change that made a GIANT difference for me. Changing the color of the pulse pitching indicator. It's no longer migraine inducing.
how did you make this change?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »