Home

NBA LIVE 14 Trailer - E3 2013: Xbox One & PS4

This is a discussion on NBA LIVE 14 Trailer - E3 2013: Xbox One & PS4 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-10-2013, 06:02 PM   #33
Just started!

Stereo Dice's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA LIVE 14 Trailer - E3 2013: Xbox One & PS4

This game has to be good, since NBA Live 10 they have lost plenty of ground to the NBA 2K series.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:09 PM   #34
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Add some muscle to these guys and I'm okay with the player models.

Outside of that, I don't know what else I can judge. Face mapping? Yeah, Kyrie looks like Kyrie, but DeAndre Jordan is hard to accept when he looks 100 pound lighter than he is in real life.

I did like the striking difference between height during the jump shot. But again, these guys need some muscle.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 06-10-2013, 06:13 PM   #35
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

It honestly didn't look bad as far as graphics go, the models fill out a little better than that ignite trailer they used. I will keep an eye out, but EA has to bring there A game there is no more room for failure for this series. Gameplay EA....Gameplay!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2013, 06:18 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 9

the height difference looked really good, DeAndre Jordan looks his appropriate height size, but is still to slim... but other than that... what can I say.. still no gameplay being show, so cgi means nothing to me, need some gameplay
Old 06-10-2013, 06:32 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 0

As previously stated, these wont be the true graphics that we will see during gameplay.

I'm obsessed with 2k, but putting that aside, what many basketball fans will do is assess both games come release time and choose what they feel is the best. I'm not going to slate EA and brag about 2k, because what's the point?

We are going into a new era of gaming, a fresh slate for EA, and an expansion of 2K great system they have in place. Lets just wait and see who comes out on top.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:41 PM   #38
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

If the trailer itself was the product, then they did a great job, in my opinion. I really liked it!

But it doesn't say much about the game, since it's hard to say what it will look like. Trailers are trailers, and games are games.

Gameplay videos will tell the real story.

Spoiler
Old 06-10-2013, 06:45 PM   #39
MVP

BiggD's Arena

OVR: 18

EA sports face a up hill battle BUT if those type of interactions and defence/offence mechanics are real game assets then I'm a little bit more excited......ok a lot, the player bodies look off but I've always been a game play first guy.. It's left me wanting more
3.Blake Griffin
4.Ben Wallace
5.Shawn Kemp
Old 06-10-2013, 06:47 PM   #40
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0

Honestly at this point, NOTHING will make me buy Live over 2K.

The only thing that could make me purchase Live is if they have Crew in it and 2K doesn't, or they really bring something to the table to prove to me (as a former fan of the franchise) that they can still make a viable basketball game.

Let's be honest, the models STILL look terrible. I understand as a basketball player myself that lots of players are tall and lanky...but everyone doesn't look like Gumby lol. Deandre Jordan is like 250 lbs right? He shouldn't be as skinny as Kyrie.

If the graphics actually look like that in-game than that's pretty impressive, but as a whole it kind of takes a hit if every player looks like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »