Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-08-2013, 03:52 AM   #889
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

Just saw something pretty cool I've never seen before, it's pretty minor, but when I was taking my practice cuts with my RTTS centerfielder, the bat actually flew out of his hands on one of the swings and the camera actually switched to an angle I've never seen before to show the bat flying into the stands and my player's befuddled reaction.

I thought it was funny because of the PA announcer always droning on about "bats and balls are prone to leave the playing surface at any time," yet I've never even seen this happen during actual gameplay.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:40 PM   #890
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Not really an impression.....but I didn't want to start a thread about it.....

"Why can't SCEA get this or that right in the game?"....

Here's a little peek at the B.S. they have to go through with the MLB.....

http://now.msn.com/mlb-pink-bats-on-...-slugger-brand

Cute, huh?

M.K.
Knight165
Old 05-19-2013, 08:03 PM   #891
Rookie

OVR: 5

Well, I've had this game for about three weeks, and it's still the same old show. Plays a nice game of baseball, smooth (I get the pitch stutter once in a while, no more than once a game, sometimes not at all) and the new timing window is great for zone hitters such as myself.

I've spent most of my time editing players for the opening day rosters, and that is where I have some issues. Most of these are old issues, like being limited in assigning positions and the fact that you can't assign more than five or less than three pitches.

The new thing I don't like, is the new speed differential thing within the pitch types screen. It seems to only be an issue with guys that were created via roster update, I haven't edited any fakes yet. This has made it difficult to give accurate speeds to a few guys.

Still looking to be able to provide a helping hand to the cpu in regards to how it manages the game. They are not very good at handling their pitchers. It would be nice to have the ability to have a manager only mode for games I play against the cpu, and to be able to manage both teams when simming games.

All in all, still plays a pretty game of baseball, and I will play the heck out of it. I would just like a little bit more control to really lock down the sim aspect of this game. If the AI isn't going to be there, let me handle it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2013, 11:38 PM   #892
Rookie

Just played a really fun exhibition game, Atl (me) at Tex, Hudson vs Harrison.

Tim Hudson was painting just outside the zone early, (classic pitching) but the Rangers weren't biting. This seemed to rattle Hudson, and he gave up three runs in the second. He ended up leaving after four and a third, giving up five hits, four walks, and five earned runs.

Matt Harrison earned a quality start, with seven innings, six hits, two walks and two earned runs, but when he got into trouble in the eighth, things snowballed. The Rangers ended up using Ross, Frasor, Scheppers, and Kirkman, and they turned a five to two lead into a eight to five deficit.

Walden and Kimbrel made quick work of the remaining Texas hitters and I earned a nine to five victory.

This game felt really organic, featuring ten extra base hits and eight walks between the two teams.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:42 PM   #893
Rookie

OVR: 0

As someone who loved, but complained a lot about about MLB 12 (my first), this year's version is SO MUCH better.

The ball physics are a gigantic improvement (bloopers!), I can actually hit, and player development is actually fun!

Bravo SCEA and bravo to the OSFM crew as well
Old 05-26-2013, 04:37 PM   #894
Rookie

OVR: 10

I like this game. I need to start my own thread. Hopefully I can after this post. Maybe?
Old 05-31-2013, 08:04 AM   #895
Banned

OVR: 18

Umm...WOW.

Just put up a NINE spot in the first inning of my franchise game with my fantasy drafted Astros. I had 11 hits in the freakin inning! I've never had an inning remotely close to that. In fact, I put up a total of 5 hits in my last game total.

Craziness.

Edit: Aaaaaand now another six runs in the second on 7 more hits. Holy crap.

Last edited by Kearnzo; 05-31-2013 at 08:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2013, 10:13 AM   #896
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

One thing I enjoy about this game is that you can walk with regularity. I'm getting more patient as time goes on, and it's paying dividends, especially when Brett Gardner leads off and then has a chance to run!

It's not like older MLB games where I felt much more comfortable swinging at the first decent pitch I got because I couldn't take walks.

As for player development as mentioned above, it's fun trying to mould certain players as they go through their career.

For example I have an A rated first base prospect who has 71/63 for contact but mid 20s for fielding ability. I have to make the decision as to whether this guy is a career DH or try my best to improve his defence so he can be of use in that regard.

Now Playing FIFA, UFC 4, PGA Tour 2k23, WWE, MLB The Show and Dirt Rally 2.0

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »