Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-10-2013, 10:10 AM   #801
Rookie

ChangeUp106's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

I apologize if this has already been discussed previously in the thread, but the only issue I have with the game is throwing.

Nearly every time I get a grounder the fielder either won't throw or it takes 3-4 seconds for the meter to appear which of course lets even the slowest runners reach base. I don't know it this is a glitch or if something it just wrong with my game.

I turned off the "throw cancellation" feature already so it's not that. Anyone else having this problem?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2013, 10:48 AM   #802
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChangeUp106
I apologize if this has already been discussed previously in the thread, but the only issue I have with the game is throwing.

Nearly every time I get a grounder the fielder either won't throw or it takes 3-4 seconds for the meter to appear which of course lets even the slowest runners reach base. I don't know it this is a glitch or if something it just wrong with my game.

I turned off the "throw cancellation" feature already so it's not that. Anyone else having this problem?
Are you preloading those throws properly? In general you need to preload well before the fielder catches the ball and make the throw.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:01 PM   #803
Rookie

ChangeUp106's Arena

Yes I preload correctly. It seems as if I have to wait for the player to get the ball and then throw. I used to be able to press throw as soon as the ball left the bat, but that seems to not work anymore
Old 04-10-2013, 01:44 PM   #804
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Yes I preload correctly. It seems as if I have to wait for the player to get the ball and then throw. I used to be able to press throw as soon as the ball left the bat, but that seems to not work anymore

Try turning the Fielding Decision option to ASSIST. On AUTO, it appears that there is a delay displaying the throw meters (but the input is still registered...if you have a DualShock with runble ON you will feel a confirmation). I will look into removing the delay if possible.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:09 PM   #805
Rookie

ChangeUp106's Arena

Woodweaver I have fixed all of the settings accordingly. It's just something weird with the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2013, 04:58 PM   #806
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Woodweaver I have fixed all of the settings accordingly. It's just something weird with the game.

That is odd. I have not seen that behavior before you mentioned it. In testing it, I found that having the FIELDING DECISION set to AUTO will result in exactly the behavior you mentioned. I just fixed that case. Now, I'm concerned there may be another case. What are your settings for:

THROWING INTERFACE
THROWING METER
THROW DECISION
THROW CANCELLING
FIELDING DECISION
Old 04-10-2013, 06:56 PM   #807
Pro

OVR: 24

Apologies as I haven't been closely following this thread, but I'll jump in and say that I had the same issues for a while,. with button accuracy throwing...

Timing that meter is just too slow, and I seemed to miss my branch point 9/10 times, especially on double plays, or on other "emergency throws, like during rundowns, caught line drives, etc...

And the end result is that it would always take quite a while to get rid of the ball.

But that's only with button accuracy throwing... I play with the throwing meter off now, and I don't have any such problems.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:29 AM   #808
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

No problems with button accuracy here.
Loving it by the way!

I could never really master the true north/east/south/west R stick movement which resulted in too much errors on crucial moments. Especially throws to 2nd setting up a double play were more error happy than my thumb skills I'm convinced!

Anyway button accuracy really feels like it's 100% user skill based and has a good logic behind. Smaller (green) sweetspot on tougher to make plays.

Thanks for (again) giving us more ways to play this game SCEA!

My setup:

THROWING INTERFACE: Button acc.

THROWING METER: On

THROW DECISION: Hum

THROW CANCELLING: On

Last edited by LastActionHero; 04-12-2013 at 08:30 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »