Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-08-2013, 05:09 PM   #785
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

I complain for years to the other game that they didn't have Colorado's 3rd jersey black/black vest right.

I finally pony up for a PS3 to play the best game and play with my team outfitted the right way... and they have pruple sleeves. I know the MLB style guide has black vest with purple sleeves, but they have worn that combo 1 time in 6 years whereas they have worn the vest with black sleeves combo hundreds of times.

Anyway, I play 2k13 at Best Buy today... wouldn't you know it? The year I jump ship, 2K finally have the Rockies black/black vest in their game and the game I jumped ship for reverted back to incorrect purple/black. Just my luck!

I really wish there was a way the Sony team could fix the Rockies alternate vests this year so that they have black sleeves instead of purple sleeves.

I know to some it is no big deal, but put yourself in a Rockies fan shoes. If you were a Yanks fan would it sit well with you if the home set had incorrectly colored pinstripes?

Still a great game. But to this Rockies fan the authenticity is just not there with the incorrect jersey.

Last edited by DrPhibes; 04-08-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2013, 07:03 PM   #786
Rookie

ticats8's Arena

OVR: 2

Just an observation, for next years game, the Rogers Centre will need to have the windows in CF removed as it is now an open air deck.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:28 PM   #787
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
The game is fluid, and it is a great baseball sim. cant say enough about the animations, the logic etc. all of it is on point. But the fact is that, for some reason this game can be, boring more often than not.

I would blame it on the commentary, that could be part of the problem. the pace is a bit stale at times even on fast play mode. sometimes the game plays as dry as a text based sim. Again I cant explain it. IT could be that IM not in full baseball mode yet. Maybe its because I no longer have enough time to really dive in and really immerse myself.

Again, the game is such a great game but so far lacks something.
I feel the same way, I think the game is really lacking in the immersion factor.

I basically feel like I'm playing exhibition game over and over in franchise mode for some reason.

Operation Sports OOTP League
Old 04-08-2013, 08:15 PM   #788
Rookie

OVR: 0

Just started my Twins franchise. I'm liking it so far, the physics of the ball have improved greatly. The commentary has improved, probably not as much as everyone had hoped but definitely an improvement. I just don't see them improving it significantly until the PS4, though.

Question: where do I do the typical franchise stuff like ticket prices, parking prices, etc...? I do not see it anywhere on the menu.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:23 PM   #789
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmond
Just started my Twins franchise. I'm liking it so far, the physics of the ball have improved greatly. The commentary has improved, probably not as much as everyone had hoped but definitely an improvement. I just don't see them improving it significantly until the PS4, though.

Question: where do I do the typical franchise stuff like ticket prices, parking prices, etc...? I do not see it anywhere on the menu.
Not in this year's game.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:44 PM   #790
MVP

PhantomPain's Arena

OVR: 16

In RTTS, is there not any way to tell how far your home run was hit? Am I missing something somewhere?
Old 04-08-2013, 08:45 PM   #791
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomPain
In RTTS, is there not any way to tell how far your home run was hit? Am I missing something somewhere?
Does it pop up in the box on the replay?

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2013, 08:47 PM   #792
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGmoney
Not in this year's game.
Ah man, I actually liked that aspect of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »