Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressions within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-08-2013, 11:53 AM   #313
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressio

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
My wife surpised me with this game last week. It is a more enjoyable experience that I had originally thought, but my god the putting cams are just atrocious after you strike the ball. Very hard to see how off you were on a putt when the camera is from about 20, 30 feet away.
Nice surprise from your wife! My wife bought me X-com and I love it.

On the putting cam, they are addressing that in the upcoming patch to default back to the usual follow cam/behind golfer that everyone's used to.

Enjoy the game! It's great this year and after the patch it will be even better.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 04-08-2013, 08:39 PM   #314
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressio

I finally got the game on sale for $40. I played the demo and was honestly a little harsh on it. I didn't like the changes to the swing at first.

I played a full round at St Andrews in easy conditions on tournament difficulty. I shot +4, mostly because of me still getting used to the new putting feel. Plus, my golfer is still a little nerfed right now.

I still thoroughly enjoyed the challenge of every shot. I was probably hitting 90%+ of fairways before. Now, nothing is automatic. So far, I really like it.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:41 PM   #315
Pro

Taku's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm playing career on Sim with only Zoom to aim enabled...

Some stats from my PGA tour, 1st season:

Events played: 8

winner, T3, MC, winner, mc, T63, 3rd, T8. And currently in WGC-Cadillac Championship I got 1 shot lead before final round.

GIR 58% (T179th)

Putt avg 1.42 (1st)

Avg par 3 score: 2.97 (1st)

Avg par 4 score: 3.99 (T128th)

Avg par 5 score: 4.41 (1st)

I started the season as lvl90 cag, now I'm maxed. Weather has been mostly calm and greenspeeds pretty slow and that has helped me a lot. AI scoring is on normal, maybe I have to raise it one level higher...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2013, 01:20 PM   #316
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

I played a lot more last night and I am enjoying it. I couldn't hit the fairway to save my life in the demo but the final game seems a lot easier? Although I set my golfer to "control" and I don't have a ton of power yet (so my mistakes don't go as far )

With the straight swing, basically the game was basically all about the close approach and putting. Driving off the tee was basically just deciding what distance you wanted for your approach. Now, every shot matters. Hitting the fairway off the tee is not automatic. I was playing last night and suddenly my shots started leaking to the right. I over-correct and then everything is going a little left.

I'm still on tournament difficulty which so far is playing well for me. The few birdies I have gotten have all been earned. I'm still not sharp on the putting, so that should improve.

The graphics are really nice. The face import is really well done this year too. My handsome face is represented perfectly

My only complaints (I won't re-hash all the known issues)
-They have to improve playing the ball from the trees (now that driving isn't automatic). There needs to be a better view to show you a way out, plus there needs to be a more realistic punch shot option. I can barely break 100 on a good day on a real course, but even I can hit a punch out of the woods and keep it low. Just choke up on a 5 iron and smack it out. (If there is a reliable way to do this, let me know, my punch shots always go way too high)
Old 04-10-2013, 05:02 PM   #317
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Last impressions..
Best TW game I ever played. Really an enjoyable experience.
Need to take your time and look over the angles and use some strategy which I love.
Took a while to stop being a hacker but I'm getting there and love the County Club times.

Great job..

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 04-10-2013, 05:09 PM   #318
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Last impressions..
Best TW game I ever played. Really an enjoyable experience.
Need to take your time and look over the angles and use some strategy which I love.
Took a while to stop being a hacker but I'm getting there and love the County Club times.

Great job..
I couldn't agree more with the bolded. I find myself doing my damnedest to keep the ball below the hole on the greens. I hate down hill putts. I would rather have a 30 footer uphill that a 10 downhill everytime.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 04-10-2013, 09:29 PM   #319
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

I hate to keep beating a dead horse, but in my club's 2nd round at Augusta today, I had two putts in which the "Follow" putting camera decided to switch to a postion - at impact - that was so far ahead of where the putt was struck from that the ball had rolled a good 15 or 20 feet before it even appeared in the camera frame!? I really didn't have a sense of what I was looking at! Heck, even after the ball rolled into the cut view camera frame in both putts, I couldn't tell how it was breaking because of the distant and obscure angle... (sigh). It's at times like this when the game just feels broken. I want to try to play the game until the patch is released in moderation, but crap like this really puts a damper on my enthusiasm
Old 04-10-2013, 10:17 PM   #320
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene31
My only complaints (I won't re-hash all the known issues)
-They have to improve playing the ball from the trees (now that driving isn't automatic). There needs to be a better view to show you a way out, plus there needs to be a more realistic punch shot option. I can barely break 100 on a good day on a real course, but even I can hit a punch out of the woods and keep it low. Just choke up on a 5 iron and smack it out. (If there is a reliable way to do this, let me know, my punch shots always go way too high)
Agreed. This is my only real gripe so far (and it's become more of an issue now that I've upped my difficulty and spend a lot more time off the fairway). If I hit it into a group of trees, I'm stuck, as even a safe punch onto the fairway is blocked by leaves that are apparently made of stone...lol. I haven't played this series in a bit, but there used to be an option for a punch shot that I am definitely missing now.

Still, despite that, this is far and away the most realistic and enjoyable TW experience I've ever had, so it's easier to get past for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »