Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #777
Rookie

tanchl's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I really hope that the commentary gets a significant overhaul on the PS4. I'm not sure why Lyons was added to the game; he barely says five lines during a game, same thing with Karros.

Does the code from MLB 10 still work to silence the analysts? May as well just have Matt V. call the game since he's 95% of the commentary anyway; it's jarring when the other guys actually speak.

MLB Live is a little rough around the edges but it has been fun to play along with the current MLB schedule.
You don't need a code to silence Karros or Lyons, there are silence sliders in audio presentation, it's easy to find, and a lot easier to take care of those guys. Hope that helps Bud.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:56 AM   #778
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I really hope that the commentary gets a significant overhaul on the PS4. I'm not sure why Lyons was added to the game; he barely says five lines during a game, same thing with Karros.

Does the code from MLB 10 still work to silence the analysts? May as well just have Matt V. call the game since he's 95% of the commentary anyway; it's jarring when the other guys actually speak.

MLB Live is a little rough around the edges but it has been fun to play along with the current MLB schedule.
While I agree commentary needs a revamp and will get a nice upgrade for PS4 I am not finding it on 13 to be bad at all. It is decent enough to get enjoyment out of the game and not detract from the overall quality.

I am hearing Lyons chime in at appropriate moments as well as Karros.
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Old 04-07-2013, 11:03 AM   #779
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
While I agree commentary needs a revamp and will get a nice upgrade for PS4 I am not finding it on 13 to be bad at all. It is decent enough to get enjoyment out of the game and not detract from the overall quality.

I am hearing Lyons chime in at appropriate moments as well as Karros.
I really like Matt V. Maybe I'll hear the other guys more when I start Franchise.

I know it sounds like I have been railing on this game with my last few posts in here but I really do like this game. I'm just trying to point out things I think can be improved.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 04-07-2013, 04:51 PM   #780
Rookie

OVR: 4

I say again. There is no way to please everybody no matter who announces the game. Too many people have different opinions about this subject. I personally turn everyone off but Matt. He does a good job in this game. What I would like to see is voice actors imitating great announcers from the past. In such a scenario the Yanks could have Mel Allen, Red Barber, the Scooter or Bill White. The Cubs or Cards (or maybe both) could have Harry Carey. The Tigers could have Ernie Harwell, Giants: Russ Hodges, Dodgers: Vin Scully or Red Barber, etc. Other teams could all have their all time best announcers. All would be done by a talented voice actor or actors.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:09 AM   #781
Rookie

Aschulz484's Arena

OVR: 4
I did something the other day that I've never done before. I got 8 walks in one game. I think I still lost. but anyways. I'm seem to be seeing the ball better and I know it's not the pitch speed because I moved that up 4 clicks on the first day. I guess since playing mlb since 06, I've finally got a good eye.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2013, 04:57 AM   #782
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ

I hope too for a commentary overhaul (and presentation overall) but I really don't see this happening in MLB 14. It's not a hardware limitation problem. It's a dev designing decision. Yes PS4 will have 8gb ram but that alone doesn't mean anything.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:22 AM   #783
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I really like Matt V. Maybe I'll hear the other guys more when I start Franchise.

I know it sounds like I have been railing on this game with my last few posts in here but I really do like this game. I'm just trying to point out things I think can be improved.
Yeah DJ, once you get into your franchise you will hear a lot more. The commentary is pretty much the same as 12, except Lyons is now in the booth. I like his approach and it is nice hearing another new voice. I have always enjoyed Matty V.

I love the fact they have really improved a lot of the milestone watches for so many players. A very nice touch this year.

OSD's IMO have been greatly improved too. And the warm up pitch music which I initially was not fond of ( I liked my old time ball park organ music) has grown on me a ton after playing a lot of games. It now gets me pumped up.

All around superb effort on 13.
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Old 04-08-2013, 04:04 PM   #784
MVP

OVR: 19

The game is fluid, and it is a great baseball sim. cant say enough about the animations, the logic etc. all of it is on point. But the fact is that, for some reason this game can be, boring more often than not.

I would blame it on the commentary, that could be part of the problem. the pace is a bit stale at times even on fast play mode. sometimes the game plays as dry as a text based sim. Again I cant explain it. IT could be that IM not in full baseball mode yet. Maybe its because I no longer have enough time to really dive in and really immerse myself.

Again, the game is such a great game but so far lacks something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »