Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressions within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-05-2013, 09:20 AM   #297
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressio

Quote:
Originally Posted by WV Matsui
Every time I play a round in a country club tourney the game freezes between holes 10 and 11. Totally blows!
there was a certain course last year (hawaii, i think) where the same thing happened to me. i played a quick round, then went back to the country club tourney, and it worked okay. you might try that... it was really frustrating. does it happen during every tourney or just this week's event?
Old 04-05-2013, 10:02 AM   #298
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by shermas
there was a certain course last year (hawaii, i think) where the same thing happened to me. i played a quick round, then went back to the country club tourney, and it worked okay. you might try that... it was really frustrating. does it happen during every tourney or just this week's event?
Every CC event

And it's set to only try once so once it locks up I'm DQd
Old 04-05-2013, 02:07 PM   #299
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressio

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermas
The putting camera bug sounds terrible. How could they mess that up?
This won't be an issue after the first patch. They are giving us back the putting trail camera. Honestly after the first patch this game will be in great shape. I'm having a blast. The game probably won't ever be a yearly release for me (barring game changing features), but boy am I glad this is the first TW game I've bought in a long long time. The only problem for me is that The Show takes up a lot of my time. I was playing TW constantly the past couple weeks but now that Opening Day has come and gone I'm in Show mode. I'm sure by next week with the Masters I'll get back into it. Overall though the game is well worth it.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 04-05-2013, 02:35 PM   #300
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerg04
The putt camera is hardly a bug...it's really not that bad and after a few rounds you don't even notice it.
I agree that the putt camera is not a bug; it's a conscious design choice. It's not one that was well received by enough gamers who voiced their dissatisfaction over it to make EA Sports realize it might not have been the best decision. To their credit, they're going back and restoring the more stationary, 'behind the golfer' putting camera to Follow cam presentation mode.

I received my Masters Historical Edition version yesterday from Amazon.com. My first order of business was to go to the Augusta National putting green. I'd read that the original Follow putting camera was still mostly (the swing camera view is locked at waist high level for some reason) in effect there see how the "restored" Follow putting camera will look and feel in the game for all putts. It's a game changer for me as it restores most of the intimacy of almost half of the game!

I wouldn't agree that with the current putting camera, "after a few rounds, you don't even notice it"... that wasn't the case with me and some others I've talked to and messaged with. The more I played it, the more it stuck in my craw, especially after I saw how wonderful the stationary Follow putting camera looked in an Augusta practice putting green video last week. The gamers who don't notice the hyperactive putting camera as it currently stands will probably not notice the difference in the restored Follow putting camera after the patch, but I can promise you there's a sizeable faction of "golfer perspective" types like me who will be singing its praises once it's there.

Last edited by OnlookerDelay; 04-05-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:27 PM   #301
MVP

OVR: 11

Um, I recall Sean mentioning that what we were seeing with the putting camera was not intended on some of the strange angles and that it actually was a bug that caused such bizarre camera angles at least for the putting cam....I could be wrong, but I thought I read a response from him indicating that a bug was indeed part of the reason.....

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2013, 04:36 PM   #302
MVP

Gerg04's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay

I wouldn't agree that with the current putting camera, "after a few rounds, you don't even notice it"... that wasn't the case with me and some others I've talked to and messaged with. The more I played it, the more it stuck in my craw, especially after I saw how wonderful the stationary Follow putting camera looked in an Augusta practice putting green video last week. The gamers who don't notice the hyperactive putting camera as it currently stands will probably not notice the difference in the restored Follow putting camera after the patch, but I can promise you there's a sizeable faction of "golfer perspective" types like me who will be singing its praises once it's there.
I absolutely agree that the follow cam will be way better than what is currently there. But when I said a few rounds, I sub consciously meant a few days I guess. See I've been playing since early release, so it's honestly not something that bothers me anymore. You've just received the game yesterday, so it will take a little more time. And I also play on Sim settings and in the OS CC.

Will I happily receive the follow cam with open arms? Absolutely. But looking back would I not buy the game knowing the putt cam in its current state. Not a chance in H E double hockey sticks.

This game is so much fun and excels in so many other areas that these "bugs" are easily over looked after the initial frustration. Plus once it's patched (assuming nothing else breaks) the game will be near perfect.

Long story short, don't pass on this game because a lot of people grumbled about minor things. The rest of the game more than makes up for it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-05-2013, 04:41 PM   #303
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

The 'presentation' putting cam didn't irritate me much to begin with. Looked kinda neat on some shots to see the crowd help 'lean' a putt in for me with their english, lol.

But, most times I missed I'd click X to review the putt from behind the golfer cam, and it will be preferable to not have to do that any more.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 04-05-2013, 05:13 PM   #304
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerg04
I absolutely agree that the follow cam will be way better than what is currently there. But when I said a few rounds, I sub consciously meant a few days I guess. See I've been playing since early release, so it's honestly not something that bothers me anymore. You've just received the game yesterday, so it will take a little more time. And I also play on Sim settings and in the OS CC.
I've had the Season Ticket release of the game, then rented the standard version playing each extensively before receiving the Masters Historical Edition yesterday. I rented the game after being so disappointed in the presentation options in the Season Ticket release, particularly for putting. So no, I'm not just seeing the game for the first time by any stretch. I would not have ordered the MHE version had it not been confirmed that the 'stationary' putting camera was being restored via the patch.

I just played two career mode rounds this afternoon and as much as I try to deny it, the disjointed putting presentation just makes the game feel incomplete and not nearly as satisfying as it should be... at least to me, but I'm a strange bird. The Follow putting camera we're going to have restored in the patch is still not my first choice. The quick jump it makes at impact to the new tracking position about three feet away is still annoying, but from that point on, it's very solid in the way it tracks the ball's roll from a perspective that's acceptably close to that of your virtual golfer.

The Broadcast putting camera that's used at the Augusta practice green only (unfortunately) would be a better choice because it stays truer to the golfer's perspective. The options are locked to the default (waist high swing camera) at the Augusta practice facility, so I don't get to see this 'Broadcast' putting camera at the swing camera height from which I play the game (head high). I think that would have been the end-all/be-all for me from that height, but I could foresee where there could have been some angles where the golfer could have obscured the view of the ball. A subtle little forward movement of the camera could be used to take the golfer out of the way though. They've done something like that in Tiger's past.

Quote:
Will I happily receive the follow cam with open arms? Absolutely. But looking back would I not buy the game knowing the putt cam in its current state. Not a chance in H E double hockey sticks.
I read you... I'm sure we'll both be happier after the patch

Quote:
This game is so much fun and excels in so many other areas that these "bugs" are easily over looked after the initial frustration. Plus once it's patched (assuming nothing else breaks) the game will be near perfect.

Long story short, don't pass on this game because a lot of people grumbled about minor things. The rest of the game more than makes up for it.
Well, I'm not quite there with you on my current stance with the game. In fact, I couldn't play this game long term in its current state, mostly because of the putting cameras and the broken H2H cameras in online multiplayer. The stat, leaderboard, cut, and scoring bugs annoy me as well, but they take a back seat to the constant face washing I get with the camera issues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »