Home

MLB 13 The Show Title Update 1.18 Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Title Update 1.18 Available Now, Details Included within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-31-2013, 11:55 AM   #393
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: MLB 13 The Show Title Update 1.18 Available Now, Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
Yamayamayama Yaaaama
Excellent!

I'll take all the help with chanting in the fix I can get!
(although I hear you can do much more than just chant about it!)

Thanks WW....

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-31-2013, 01:44 PM   #394
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
We are fixing three issues that's it.
sweet, you can paypal me the $59.99 we wagered
Old 03-31-2013, 02:35 PM   #395
Rookie

thegna4's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm no longer seeing stuttering during pitches, but I'm seeing it almost everywhere else. Is anyone else having this problem?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2013, 03:14 PM   #396
Rookie

OVR: 3

On the CPU defensive bug in Manager Mode...

Quote:
We had a fix for this, but due to the turnaround for this title update there wasn't sufficient enough time to test the fix.
Quote:
Arrgh! The fix didn't make the patch?!?!

Quote:
Some times hope is all you have...but not this time! If there is another patch, this fix *will* be in.
Quote:
We are fixing three issues that's it.

Not saying this would hold up in court, but was wondering if we draw any conclusions from this in regard to the Manager Mode bug?

Either way, add me to the list of people that are happily surprised with the developers level of commitment to this product and its customers by speedily resolving issues as they become known. I certainly don't expect perfection, but it's nice when a company surprises me on the upside. Obviously they take a lot of pride in doing their jobs and doing them well.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:36 PM   #397
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Not to be picky or anything but just wanted to mention a little bug I just saw with autobaserunning.

Im the Mets with men on 1st and 2nd. (Ike Davis on 2nd FWIW) vs the braves in postseason mode with autobaserunning on. My batter gets struck out strike 3. Ike davis for some unknown reason decides to steal 3rd base. The man on first stays at first. The CPU catcher holds the ball and does not throw to 3rd or 2nd. Play gets ruled an error E2. Just throwing this out there in hopes they can maybe check it real quick since this sounds like the last patch.

My sliders are:
Fielder arm strength 4
Baserunner speed 4
Steal ability 6
Steal frequency 3

Im happy that the MOM guys will get that ugly bug fixed!
Old 03-31-2013, 03:52 PM   #398
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
Not to be picky or anything but just wanted to mention a little bug I just saw with autobaserunning.

Im the Mets with men on 1st and 2nd. (Ike Davis on 2nd FWIW) vs the braves in postseason mode with autobaserunning on. My batter gets struck out strike 3. Ike davis for some unknown reason decides to steal 3rd base. The man on first stays at first. The CPU catcher holds the ball and does not throw to 3rd or 2nd. Play gets ruled an error E2. Just throwing this out there in hopes they can maybe check it real quick since this sounds like the last patch.

My sliders are:
Fielder arm strength 4
Baserunner speed 4
Steal ability 6
Steal frequency 3

Im happy that the MOM guys will get that ugly bug fixed!
Was the pitch in the dirt handled by the catcher cleanly? I've seen this happen. The pitch was in the dirt, the catcher handles it cleanly... I don't remember if it was a strikeout or ball-four (I've saved the replay... I've been compiling the archive or incorrectly tagged errrors haha), but the catcher was tagged with an error when the runner advances one base. What was weird was that the catcher never attempted to make a throw.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:39 PM   #399
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
Was the pitch in the dirt handled by the catcher cleanly? I've seen this happen. The pitch was in the dirt, the catcher handles it cleanly... I don't remember if it was a strikeout or ball-four (I've saved the replay... I've been compiling the archive or incorrectly tagged errrors haha), but the catcher was tagged with an error when the runner advances one base. What was weird was that the catcher never attempted to make a throw.
I didn't save replay but I believe it was in the dirt. Just as big a question I have is why is Ike Davis stealing 3rd with those slider settings!
Old 03-31-2013, 04:49 PM   #400
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
I didn't save replay but I believe it was in the dirt. Just as big a question I have is why is Ike Davis stealing 3rd with those slider settings!
My guess is this is a glitch. Davis probably took off thinking the ball got away from the catcher. But the catcher somehow doesn't seem to be aware of the situation, and just holds onto the ball and doesn't throw to the base. The game (perhaps incorrectly) gives an error to the catcher, because a runner advanced.

(Perhaps this might even be related to an old bug that improperly tagged the catcher with an error on ball-four in the dirt.... who knows.... there's still a few funky logic flaws in this kinda situation.)

Personally I think good base stealers try stealing 3B a bit too often, but that's probably a digression... I'm not sure if Davis was attempting a straight steal or just took off seeing the pitches in the dirt.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »