Home

MLB 13 The Show Title Update 1.18 Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Title Update 1.18 Available Now, Details Included within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-27-2013, 09:12 PM   #337
Rookie

Threeebs's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: MLB 13 The Show Title Update 1.18 Available Now, Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_Wilhite
How are you determining A+,A,A-? All I ever see is A?

Something that isn't shown to us exactly (besides when you actually view draftable players that are accurately scouted of course) is players are either even,+, or - in whatever potential they currently show. I take it these stages are necessary for progression between potential ratings so a player doesn't just shoot from a B to an A in one fell swoop. Recently, while playing in a frachise I experienced a generic players that must have had a potential rating of C+ move all the way up to an A- potential in 4 seasons! This was the first time I've ever seen a C move up to an A. It must be extremely variable as well because oddly enough that same generic player was on my team for a franchise before the first roster update and he never even graduated to a B.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:03 AM   #338
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: MLB 13 Title update 1.18 Fix List

So the SS not moving in defensive positioning was not fixed?
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 03-28-2013, 02:41 AM   #339
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
I wouldn't put money on that bet.
i'll bet you $59.99 that there's another patch

deal?
Old 03-28-2013, 08:52 AM   #340
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeebs

Something that isn't shown to us exactly (besides when you actually view draftable players that are accurately scouted of course) is players are either even,+, or - in whatever potential they currently show. I take it these stages are necessary for progression between potential ratings so a player doesn't just shoot from a B to an A in one fell swoop. Recently, while playing in a frachise I experienced a generic players that must have had a potential rating of C+ move all the way up to an A- potential in 4 seasons! This was the first time I've ever seen a C move up to an A. It must be extremely variable as well because oddly enough that same generic player was on my team for a franchise before the first roster update and he never even graduated to a B.
So when I scout a player with A potential in franchise, who's speed is 60 but potential is only 45, he'd be considered an "A+" potential wise? Because the actual rating is higher than his potential rating?
It's interesting that your generic player made it all the way to an A, I've had C's become B level bench players, but never an A. Luck of the draw I guess.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:39 AM   #341
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14
Typical terrific response from this dev team with the issues that the game shipped with. Couldn't possibly ask for more dedication and support from the good folks at SCEA.

Fingers crossed some of the remaining nagging issues get the attention of one more patch. For me, as the game is, I'm comfortable starting my Franchise once the OSFM rosters drop. But tying up loose ends like the rookie recognition issue and some of the "smaller" stuff (MoM defensive alignment, pitching meter hidden by OSD etc) would be the icing on the cake for myself and a lot of guys here I'm sure.

I know in the past, we've typically gotten more than one patch but with development on the PS4 version on the horizon (if not full bore already) as well as getting a Vita patch out, we may "just" get this one patch. Thankfully its comprehensive and a game changer!

Thanks again guys!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2013, 11:40 AM   #342
Rookie

Threeebs's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
So when I scout a player with A potential in franchise, who's speed is 60 but potential is only 45, he'd be considered an "A+" potential wise? Because the actual rating is higher than his potential rating?
Quote:
It's interesting that your generic player made it all the way to an A, I've had C's become B level bench players, but never an A. Luck of the draw I guess.

No no, after the guy is actually fully scouted he will have a number value for his potential rating. I'm not 100% sure but I'm thinking 90-93 must be A-, 94-96 must be an A, and 97-99 must be an A+. Of course after they are drafted you no longer are able to see their potential as a number value but player's progress and regress rapidly through out the course of the game so it really doesn't matter.

Yah, that was the first instance I've seen an C develop into an A. It was pretty wild and unexpected. I didn't think it was even possible or allowed (I thought you could only progress or regress to a certain potential depending on what you started at).
Old 03-28-2013, 11:45 AM   #343
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Manual or auto training? Biggest jump on manual I've seen is +11, only +7 on auto...
Sean jeezy,

Always manual training. I am a control junky lol.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:46 AM   #344
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeebs

I think you're mostly looking at B and C (which make up the majority of prospects) rated players development because they do not move ahead nearly as quick as A rated potential players. I noticed that depending on what kind of A potential the player is (A+,A,A-), he'll move up faster as well. I wouldn't worry about it man I think the system is a lot more variable then people think. I've seen players regress differently from different franchises, and this was pre-patch.
Threebs,

Cool man. Thanks for the info. This was actually exactly what I needed to know I appreciate it.

Best Regards

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »