Home

MLB 13 The Show Title Update 1.18 Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Title Update 1.18 Available Now, Details Included within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-27-2013, 01:17 PM   #321
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
MLB 13 The Show Title Update 1.18 Available Now, Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutton
That makes sense, but doesn't explain why it seemed to get darker sooner in an exhibition game post patch than it did pre patch.
True haha. Haven't checked for myself yet.
It wasn't a Show Live game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2013, 01:22 PM   #322
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 13 The Show Title Update 1.18 Available Now, Details Included

I have noticed that older players are still declining exponentially while younger players are no longer progressing exponentially due to the spring training improvement being patched. I have only done one test sim franchise so far to confirm this but I am hoping its a fluke. Older players are still declining by up to 15 points per category during the season, but young players are only progressing 4 to 5 points max in any given category.

Its right back to how 10', 11', and 12' were where players only gained up to five points MAX in most categories. With the crackdown on PED's baseball has become a young mans game, the initial release of this game depicted this awesomely by having it so young players could actually improve within the first couple years of drafting them and actually contribute to the big league team.

Now im going to get "Not everyone can be a mike trout or bryce harper buddy", But that is not what Im looking for. I am just looking for substantial growth passed the capped 4 to 5 point attribute gains. The older players are still declining at arapid rate but young players progression has been toned down. The only difference is the older players are not declining during spring training anymore.

Now if I am correct most people were complaining about older player regression and not young player progression, so why did they completely eliminate the latter and just tweak the prior?!?! Now I have only done one test franchise so it might be a fluke. If anyone has any proof to counter this, PLEASE it would be greatly appreciated. Needless to say if not I will be playing with pre patch update if I am correct.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:23 PM   #323

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutton
That makes sense, but doesn't explain why it seemed to get darker sooner in an exhibition game post patch than it did pre patch.
Yea I noticed a difference in the lighting last night as well, I think they must have tweaked something with regards to it.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:27 PM   #324
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliboy626
I have noticed that older players are still declining exponentially while younger players are no longer progressing exponentially due to the spring training improvement being patched. I have only done one test sim franchise so far to confirm this but I am hoping its a fluke. Older players are still declining by up to 15 points per category during the season, but young players are only progressing 4 to 5 points max in any given category.

Its right back to how 10', 11', and 12' were where players only gained up to five points MAX in most categories. With the crackdown on PED's baseball has become a young mans game, the initial release of this game depicted this awesomely by having it so young players could actually improve within the first couple years of drafting them and actually contribute to the big league team.

Now im going to get "Not everyone can be a mike trout or bryce harper buddy", But that is not what Im looking for. I am just looking for substantial growth passed the capped 4 to 5 point attribute gains. The older players are still declining at arapid rate but young players progression has been toned down. The only difference is the older players are not declining during spring training anymore.

Now if I am correct most people were complaining about older player regression and not young player progression, so why did they completely eliminate the latter and just tweak the prior?!?! Now I have only done one test franchise so it might be a fluke. If anyone has any proof to counter this, PLEASE it would be greatly appreciated. Needless to say if not I will be playing with pre patch update if I am correct.
I think there's only a handful of players declining at a very rapid rate. And what I've seen theorized is that it is because those players are starting with unusually high ratings so the system compensates by reducing them rapidly. In the future I don't think you'll see such drastic reductions because the regression will start earlier.

In regards to progression, I was doing some simulations last night (post-patch) and I had an "A" potential draftee show some +9's (and even a couple +11's for some defensive categories). I think we need to gather more data before jumping to conclusions.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:14 PM   #325
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink4ever
I think there's only a handful of players declining at a very rapid rate. And what I've seen theorized is that it is because those players are starting with unusually high ratings so the system compensates by reducing them rapidly. In the future I don't think you'll see such drastic reductions because the regression will start earlier.

In regards to progression, I was doing some simulations last night (post-patch) and I had an "A" potential draftee show some +9's (and even a couple +11's for some defensive categories). I think we need to gather more data before jumping to conclusions.
Yes I agree. Like I said my sample size was very small. One test franchise up to 3 years. I will try after work to do at least 3 test franchises up to 5 years each with random teams. I will report my findings. Also, I noticed that pre patch alot of prime aged players Age 27-30 were progressing by at least 4 points in every category. This seems to have been toned down and they are not improving as quickly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2013, 03:07 PM   #326
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink4ever

Manual or auto training? Biggest jump on manual I've seen is +11, only +7 on auto...
Old 03-27-2013, 03:58 PM   #327
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

The only other thing I want fixed is the bluriness of the road scoreboard and the bullpen scoreboard at Target Field. It's like the LED resolution is stretched out on the boards and you can't even read them at all. They've been perfectly clear since they added authentic LED scoreboards a couple years ago so I'm really not sure why they are so blurry. The bad part is both boards are visible when hitting so it's distracting. I also use the bullpen scoreboard when hitting to know how many pitches the the opposing pitcher has thrown. Right now it's not really visible at all. I guess if it can't be fixed via patch, I would just like to know why this problem happened this year. I'm extremely happy as always with the game, this is really the only thing annoying me right now.

Has anyone else experienced this in any of the other stadiums?
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 03-27-2013, 04:20 PM   #328
Rookie

Threeebs's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Quote:

I think you're mostly looking at B and C (which make up the majority of prospects) rated players development because they do not move ahead nearly as quick as A rated potential players. I noticed that depending on what kind of A potential the player is (A+,A,A-), he'll move up faster as well. I wouldn't worry about it man I think the system is a lot more variable then people think. I've seen players regress differently from different franchises, and this was pre-patch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »