Home

MLB 13 The Show Title Update 1.18 Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Title Update 1.18 Available Now, Details Included within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-27-2013, 04:31 PM   #329
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis135
In my experience since the patch, it appears that the progression/regression has been alterered not only for the spring training issue, but during the season as well.

Pre-patch Tigers franchise example. Torii Hunter regressed from an 89 to 70 ovr by the end of the year. This is with using the "end spring training option.

After the patch through several sims. Hunter has regressed anywhere from a 74 during my first sim to a 78 by the end of my 1 year in my most recent sim.

Addiontally Benoit in my pre-patch dropped to somewhere in the low 70's in the first year. After the patch I noticed in one of my sims that he was still in the high 80's.

I was never too concerned about the high rate of regression of olders players(other than the spring training regression), but thought some might like to see there appears to be some randomness after the patch.

I hope they leave the rapid decline of older players in, not only for this year but in future years as well. Makes managing a franchise much more enjoyable.
is this true those old guys are regressing slower now at the beginning of a franchise?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 03-27-2013, 04:44 PM   #330
Rookie

Threeebs's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: MLB 13 The Show Title Update 1.18 Available Now, Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
is this true those old guys are regressing slower now at the beginning of a franchise?
Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, but they're still regressing as much as they can regress during the course of the season. It just stopped happening in ST. It's for the better, so those established guys at least have a job out of spring training.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:23 PM   #331
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

So how does progression/regression work in Spring training after patch? Is it okay to play those games now you dont have to use 'End Spring training'?

Do no players progress/regress during ST or do players progress just not regress?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2013, 07:03 PM   #332
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Damn, after the patch I feel the game is playing so much better, I can gets walks now and if I get a great hit no matter the pitcher he will pay. Enjoying the game even more now
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 03-27-2013, 07:28 PM   #333
MC2
Rookie

OVR: 0

Anyone having high scoring games post patch? Could just be a coincidence but by the time its the 4th inning my games have been at like 5-6 runs a team.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:36 PM   #334
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeebs

I think you're mostly looking at B and C (which make up the majority of prospects) rated players development because they do not move ahead nearly as quick as A rated potential players. I noticed that depending on what kind of A potential the player is (A+,A,A-), he'll move up faster as well. I wouldn't worry about it man I think the system is a lot more variable then people think. I've seen players regress differently from different franchises, and this was pre-patch.
How are you determining A+,A,A-? All I ever see is A?
Old 03-27-2013, 08:32 PM   #335
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Manual or auto training? Biggest jump on manual I've seen is +11, only +7 on auto...
Auto training, it was a computer-generated "A" potential drafted player. The only +11's were in two fielding categories that he was very low in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2013, 08:53 PM   #336
MVP

DallasRocks's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC2
Anyone having high scoring games post patch? Could just be a coincidence but by the time its the 4th inning my games have been at like 5-6 runs a team.
Yeah same here, small sample size but I'm now seeing 7-5, 8-4 games. Te gameplay feels sooooo much better now

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »