Home

MLB 13 The Show Title Update 1.18 Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Title Update 1.18 Available Now, Details Included within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-27-2013, 10:17 AM   #313
Rookie

OVR: 0
Are there going to be an update for the vita version?
Old 03-27-2013, 10:37 AM   #314
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Sim stats look much better!

What's the consesus now on skipping spring training?

Before it seemed when NOT skipping it there were issues with regression.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy sIII
Old 03-27-2013, 10:41 AM   #315
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 13 The Show Title Update 1.18 Available Now, Details Included

In my experience since the patch, it appears that the progression/regression has been alterered not only for the spring training issue, but during the season as well.

Pre-patch Tigers franchise example. Torii Hunter regressed from an 89 to 70 ovr by the end of the year. This is with using the "end spring training option.

After the patch through several sims. Hunter has regressed anywhere from a 74 during my first sim to a 78 by the end of my 1 year in my most recent sim.

Addiontally Benoit in my pre-patch dropped to somewhere in the low 70's in the first year. After the patch I noticed in one of my sims that he was still in the high 80's.

I was never too concerned about the high rate of regression of olders players(other than the spring training regression), but thought some might like to see there appears to be some randomness after the patch.

I hope they leave the rapid decline of older players in, not only for this year but in future years as well. Makes managing a franchise much more enjoyable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2013, 11:36 AM   #316
Banned

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6

It looks like they fixed the light/darkness issue when playing night games! Now it gets dark in Comerica around the bottom 5th/top 6th, whereas prior to the patch it would take beyond the 7th inning stretch to have a reasonable amount of darkness.

Playing RTTS in AA it was getting dark as early at the bottom of the 3rd inning.

Played a playoff series game @ Oakland with a 7pm start & it was dark at the first pitch!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:44 AM   #317
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutton
It looks like they fixed the light/darkness issue when playing night games! Now it gets dark in Comerica around the bottom 5th/top 6th, whereas prior to the patch it would take beyond the 7th inning stretch to have a reasonable amount of darkness.

Playing RTTS in AA it was getting dark as early at the bottom of the 3rd inning.

Played a playoff series game @ Oakland with a 7pm start & it was dark at the first pitch!
That's because a playoff game is in october and the begining of your RTTS carreer is April/May so it gets darker earlier. An Exhibition game is based on a midsummer time set where it won't get fully dark untill the 7th or so.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:48 AM   #318
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

This is for the SCEA Devs as well as all the people helping to make OSFM Rosters:
Attached Images
File Type: gif Larry.gif (4.42 MB, 358 views)
Old 03-27-2013, 12:42 PM   #319
Just started!

OVR: 0
So I saw that they fixed the Indians BP caps, but did I misread when they said they changed an outdated batting helmet? Cause their road helmets have been wrong for years, did this patch fix them finally?
Old 03-27-2013, 01:15 PM   #320
Banned

Hutton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
That's because a playoff game is in october and the begining of your RTTS carreer is April/May so it gets darker earlier. An Exhibition game is based on a midsummer time set where it won't get fully dark untill the 7th or so.

That makes sense, but doesn't explain why it seemed to get darker sooner in an exhibition game post patch than it did pre patch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »