Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-11-2013, 11:49 PM   #513
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Definitely not the case... simply take an at-bat with Carl Crawford or Prince Fielder. The CPU absolutely employs extreme defensive positioning against them. It even changes if someone is in base in front of them.

-- Sent from the Future...
How about Carlos Gonzalez? I know it didn't put a shift on him versus a RHP. CPU puts a shift on Adrian Gonzalez against RHP.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:17 AM   #514
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

Well, Prince Fielder has batted twice and the defense has not budged, not the infield, not the outfield.

In fact, the Orioles outfield defensive alignment is the same depth for every player in the Tiger lineup.

The only fielder who has moved at all is Adam Jones in CF. For righties, he's shaded a tep or 2 to the left of center. For lefties, a step or 2 to the right.

I saw slab's pic but I cant duplicate it.

I have pics that I took as screenshots on the PS3. Someone direct me and I'll post here.

Anyway, its not a gamebreaker. Just annoying.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:32 AM   #515
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
I started using pulse pitching with API on and man am I'm really enjoin it this way, I'm also using pure analog hitting and hitting using broadcast cam and I'm getting so much better at it, enjoying the hell outta the game , like a true broadcast every game now.

sent from DNA
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2013, 05:29 AM   #516
MVP

OVR: 3

One thing is for sure, these forums are friggin' awful. Don't know what has happened the past 3-4 years or so, but reading through some of the threads here is painful, almost frightening. What once was useful, now is sad and decrepit.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:11 AM   #517
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBass
One thing is for sure, these forums are friggin' awful. Don't know what has happened the past 3-4 years or so, but reading through some of the threads here is painful, almost frightening. What once was useful, now is sad and decrepit.
Every year it's this way the first few weeks after the game is released.

It will settle down eventually
Old 03-12-2013, 06:53 AM   #518
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
Well, Prince Fielder has batted twice and the defense has not budged, not the infield, not the outfield.

In fact, the Orioles outfield defensive alignment is the same depth for every player in the Tiger lineup.

The only fielder who has moved at all is Adam Jones in CF. For righties, he's shaded a tep or 2 to the left of center. For lefties, a step or 2 to the right.

I saw slab's pic but I cant duplicate it.

I have pics that I took as screenshots on the PS3. Someone direct me and I'll post here.

Anyway, its not a gamebreaker. Just annoying.
Just started a game Tigers-Giants, with the cpu controlling the Giants. I put Fielder leadoff, and the cpu went to the extreme right shift in both the infield and outfield. Not sure why you're not seeing that.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:24 AM   #519
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

Maybe he has defensive alignment set to manual?
Old 03-12-2013, 08:57 AM   #520
Rookie

OVR: 1
Easily the most rewarding sports game to date...

So let me first start off by saying that I have never play a game of MLB The Show until this year....I have been one of the unlucky ones to be stuck with the garbage that is MLB 2K for years.

Last night, I decide to start off my franchise with the Yanks. My first game is Lester vs. CC and I know that it is going to be a pitching battle. Through the first 5 innings, there is only one hit in the game, and CC has racked up 7 strikeouts.

I go down 4-1 after the Sox knock in a run and Pedroia hits a bomb to right field (due to a POOR pitch on my behalf that left a changeup right down the pipe).

My sole run so far; a Jeter homer that rang off the foul pole. As the innings move on, I can tell that Lester is starting to get tired. His pitches are slowing down and aren't moving as much. In the eigth inning, I end up getting a couple of runners on, and after an 8-pitch at bat, Tex sends one to right field that ties the game. I take CC out, finishing the game with 12K's and bring Joba in to hold down the fort in the ninth inning (yes, I did). In the bottom of the tenth, Jeter cracks a solo shot, opposite field to end the game.

I haven't been excited to actually finish a game, let alone the first game of the season in ANY sports game, in a LONG LONG time.

Everything about this game is absolutely amazing. From the players reactions, the sounds, presentation and the gameplay. Spot on. How could I be missing something so great, for so many years.
"My jersey hanging from the ceiling is going to be a symbol of the hard work of the people I played with." - Mark Messier #11
@REALtomuddo - http://www.tomuddo.wordpress.com

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »