Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-09-2013, 11:35 PM   #433
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiCubs
i was chomping at the bit to get this game. then it was released. and then the issues with the game started showing up in the OS forums. i dunno. i think i am going to hold off making the purchase. i LOVE this franchise. still playing 10 and 12 religiously, but until a patch comes out, i think i will wait and see what happens. anyone else?
You're loss. No way I could go back to 12.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:45 PM   #434
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15
Quote:
i was chomping at the bit to get this game. then it was released. and then the issues with the game started showing up in the OS forums. i dunno. i think i am going to hold off making the purchase. i LOVE this franchise. still playing 10 and 12 religiously, but until a patch comes out, i think i will wait and see what happens. anyone else?
If u can afford it I would suggest buying it.

The fielding improvements alone (1 outfielder gets to a routine foul fly ball while another doesn't, based on ratings) make it worth the purchase.

The improved ability for the user to strike out a cpu hitter after setting them up correctly is worth the purchase alone.

And, no one has mentioned the disparity in scores. Last year it seemed like every Game was low scoring thru 6 and then all hell broke loose. This year, every game feels different.

Also, holding a lead IF u have a really good bull pen is realistic. No more cpu mounting rallies like clockwork after u score.

Of course, if ur pen is bad, they will beat up on them.

That's as real as it gets for me.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:07 AM   #435
Pro

OVR: 7

eventually i will break down and get it, no doubt. i am concerned with the issues and bugs but am confident that SCEA will have a patch. was curious if anyone else had become skeptical considering the stutter issues, etc that have been described.
GO BEARS

Cardinals suck
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2013, 12:40 AM   #436
Banned

vcu9's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
eventually i will break down and get it, no doubt. i am concerned with the issues and bugs but am confident that SCEA will have a patch. was curious if anyone else had become skeptical considering the stutter issues, etc that have been described.

This game is the best Baseball game ever made and the graphics have gotten better. SCEA needs to have testers find these bugs instead of us testing the game for them. If they played this game, they would find these bugs. They are not blind.

I always wait for two patches for the game. This is the only game I own for PS-3, so I am glad to wait.

I do have a question: If I make ratings edits to all players and then start a season, will the patch screw up my season?

Thanks.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:40 AM   #437

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

I've tried several cameras(including one that was posted on here) and none seem to help me much in recognizing those curve/sliders(especially when they're low), it's getting frustrating having all these pitches seem like they're gonna be strikes, then suddenly dropping like 2 feet.

On plus side....Jays won!
Jays: 2 runs,5 hits
Yankees: 1 run,5 hits

CRAZY ending.Bottom of 9th,2 outs, runner on 2nd. Davis hits ball to Jeter at SS who has to run to OF grass to get the ball, he gets it, throws it to 1B and Davis is safe.....meanwhile, the runner I had a 2nd was running straight past 3B and went home for a walkoff win!

Still with so much early swings, even though I increased pitch speed slider. Looks like I have to increase it again.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:06 AM   #438
Rookie

eaw913's Arena

OVR: 1

I have been too busy actually playing to post my impressions. However, the game I just had made me realize why I need to make this post.

I made it to the playoffs in my Braves franchise. NLDS against the Nationals. First two games I overpower them in all facets. Game one I take 6-2, game two I take as well but by a closer margin at 8-6. Now onto game three.... I am in Washington and they get out ahead early. 2-0 after the first inning. I managed to keep them held to just two and eventually got it to 2-1. Then, all of a sudden, I give up a homer to LaRoche for 2.. 4-1 now. I go about 4 innings with barely even a hit. Eventually it comes to the top of the 8th, I get two guys on base but can't produce and have 2 outs and a full count with Heyward up to bat. So now I have a guy at 2nd and 3rd, 2 outs and a full count. Then I get a beautiful pitch and decide to swing for the fences.. peeled it down the right field line and it hits the foul pole for a 3 run shot, TIE GAME.

I end up winning it after getting a line drive homer to left with Simmons in the top of the 10th inning. Closed it out with Kimbrel striking out the entire side to end it. Amazing game. Couldn't be happier with this years edition.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:31 AM   #439
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBass
Random impressions:

-Overall it feels very much like this series in on cruise control for the PS3. New stuff doesn't jump out at all, and it familiarity sets in pretty quick. Understandable though, considering they have the PS4 coming up, along with the Vita.

-I like the new "swing creator" in edit a player. It allows you to assign a more customized swing, with stride type, etc. Pretty cool.

-They still haven't fixed the way you sub guys in. If you pinch hit for your catcher with a non-catcher, it will still show the pinch hitter in the field next inning, rather than letting you sub in a catcher beforehand.

-The pull hitting attribute is pretty cool, and definitely gives hitters a different feel. Thing is, you can only see this in game, so editing players will be kind of a pain. I've always added a few old time players to the game in past years, and there's going to be a few more steps now to an already lengthy process.

-Hitting in general feels a little smoother and more realistic, just the way the ball comes off the bat and how it flies through the air. Nicely done.

-Classic stadiums can now be played in offline! Very cool.

-I'm digging some of the new throwback uniforms. Still wish they had more, though I guess they have their hands tied by MLB on this. (hint to devs: give us the uniform creator from Diamond Dynasty for use with MLB teams, then add a uniform vault! )

That's about all I can think of. Haven't gotten into franchise much yet.
More impressions here:

-They clearly have done quite a bit of refinement to the game, so while early on the game felt familiar, I now see they tightened things up for the better. Besides the hitting I mentioned earlier, the base running is a bit more realistic, and you won't see any of those high chops fouls anymore. Like I say, things have just been ironed out.

-The "meatball" bug is alive and well. Takes a lot away from the game.

-Franchise mode is a lot more focused, and much more interesting. There's still a lot that can be done with this mode, but the changes are welcome. Scouting is engaging so far, and training is more clear and concise. Both of these things make it feel like you're more in control of the direction of your franchise.

-The new hitting camera for Road to the Show is nice.

-Wish they had the real time camera from a few years ago back in the game.

-The post game cut scenes are kind of cool, but are already becoming redundant.

Not much else you can say, simply because not much else is new or worth noting.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:51 AM   #440
Rookie

juegochamp's Arena

OVR: 0

You guys are honestly out of your mind if you think Franchise mode is good haha. That is usually all I play every year. It is so awful this year. I want to return the game. The game play is great (better than last year)..... if you play Exhibition every time. The stuttering skip on the main menu drives me insane. For those who said you wouldn't go back to 12? Your crazy. That was the best one by far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »