Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-11-2013, 02:32 AM   #481
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by VancityManpurse
so if i understand classic pitching is more out of your hands? you choose the pitch and then thats it. everything else is determined based on what you mentioned? pulse pitching would be the closest to 2k's analog pitching then. the other pitch option reminds me of foul shots in 2k. stopping the moving cursor close to the line.
does TheShow have actual analog pitching like 2k? where each pitch requires a different motion?
There is also The Show's version of analog pitching, which is similar to MVP's rock and fire mechanic. Although nothing like 2K's analog mechanic, I would say it's the closest since it actually uses the analog sticks. So, in the show you have the following pitching options:

- Classic
- Meter
- Analog
- Pulse
- PS Move

It should be noted that Classic pitching isn't totally out of your control. You control the aim location, as well as the accuracy vs. effort depending on your button press.

The available batting options are:

- Timing (button)
- Analog (right analog)
- Zone (left analog + button)
- Zone plus Analog (dual analog)
- PS Move

The yellow 'zone' you are referring to is called the PCI (plate coverage indicator) and it can be turned on with any batting mechanic. The timing only methods use ratings to place it in the zone.

Also, each batting mechanic has three types of selectable swings - normal, contact and power.

Hope that helps.

-- Sent from the Future...

YouTube

Last edited by thaSLAB; 03-11-2013 at 02:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2013, 02:39 AM   #482
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoItage
It only nails the bat placement for about 5% of his entire stance. It's not even close. I'd rather have the one from 12, as would everybody else.
So in the 200+ generic stances as well there's not one that's close. That sucks. To me it's not a huge deal, but someone of Cano's stature should really have an accurate stance.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:54 AM   #483
Rookie

ItAllFades's Arena

OVR: 9

I wish they didn't remove "High" as a camera angle. That was what I used all the time, and can't seem to get the same angle right on Create mode. But, I guess I'll just have to get used to a new one.

Also, I hit a ball off the top of the wall in Houston, just under the train tracks, which should have been a Home Run...yet, it was ruled a Ground Rule Double for some reason. I watched the replay and it was clearly a shot off the wall out there and over the yellow line.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:13 AM   #484
Rookie

rp05ev's Arena

OVR: 1

online is still a joke. how they still struggle to offer a decent online experience is beyond me.

online play is riddled with constant freezing and pitch stuttering even when both players ping are green.

avoid this game if you are primarily an online player.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:14 AM   #485
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
Meter still uses the ratings of a pitcher, man. Even if you master it, you're still going to kiss spots and get rocked with a poor pitcher.
It sure does. At my age it isn't easy to hit my spots with the meter either. Many times I will throw what I think is a perfect pitch only to see the ball end up on the other half of the plate. One button press pitching or for that matter automatic fielding do not appeal to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2013, 08:49 AM   #486
Rookie

doctemple's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
You personally might not like the changes...

But I think the new changes to franchise mode make things much more interesting.
-menu stuttering aside...(yeah..that's pretty bad)
But I will say I would like to see some things tweaked as well....but all in all....it's going to take much more thought to work your team in franchise mode now.
Some tweaks that could be made....
-K totals in sim games
-BB's in sim games
-I wish teams spent more money on FA's(but only in later years)
-The draft logic could be improved(amateur draft)
-There could be more "surprises" in scouting and progression/regression.

But nothing that is worse than last year unless you really don't like to maneuver to keep your team competitive.

M.K.
Knight165
I have not had the menu stuttering, or if I have, it has been so slight that I didn't notice it. You know how much franchise mode (manager only) I play and most everything has been addresses. I agree with the things that you mentioned that need to be fixed. I would add that the CPU is still making pitcher substitutions on its own after about the halfway point in a game when you fast forward. Also, a few players seem to be having unexplainable highs and lows in their performance that goes beyond what is possible in real life except for an injury. I have not payed very far into my "practice" franchise (I'm going to wait until the OS rosters), but after thousands of games over the years I am already seeing player performances that are way off scale compared to previous years. I still believe that the game is significantly better this year and hopefully the patches will address some of this.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:49 AM   #487
Pro

WildFan22's Arena

OVR: 8

Rented it over the weekend

Lows

- Commentary seems aged compared to the rest of the game

- Announcers seem to think 100 pitches is a lot for an ace

- Simmed a part of the game and the CPU had pinch hit for my pitcher but didn't warm anyone up for the next inning.

- Players give each other "air" high fives with a foot or more between their hands.

- Annimations sometimes feel like they have glued my fielder to the ground when I'm trying to move to the ball.

- Crowd noise has improved but it's not where it should be. Star players don't get a roar from the crowd when they come up to bat and the crowd doesn't know when something big is happening (Player coming up to bat 1 double away from hitting for the cycle).

Highs

- Pretty much everything else!

- The box score looks like it should after the game. Pitch counts, hits, Hrs look realistic

- Star players play like star players

- Its hard to explain but the hitting just feels right to me

- The crowd noise is improved and the playoff atmosphere has also improved

Highlight of the weekend: down 2-4 playing Nationals vs. Dodgers. Bryce Harper was down to his last strike when he hit a 452 ft HR to tie the game. He seemed to know it was gone the moment he hit it and the face paint made him look like a super hero in the cut scenes.

After spending the weekend with it I've decided I'm buying it on my lunch break.

Last edited by WildFan22; 03-11-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #488
MVP

OVR: 9

With the bases loaded and two outs, the Blue Jays decided to walk Salty in the 7th inning, thereby walking in the tying run.

Even though Salty was 2-2 at the time, I still thought it an odd decision.

Ciriaco proceeded to pop up to end the inning, and the Jays then exploded for 5 runs in the top of the 8th... So maybe they did know something...

Still an odd choice.

~syf

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »