Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-09-2013, 06:26 PM   #425
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

I remember last year there was a complaint about Trade Logic.
His Braves had traded away Chipper Jones for some never-has-been, no name R.A.Dickey.
Could never happen!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2013, 07:31 PM   #426
Rookie

VonRye's Arena

OVR: 8

Love the game so far except for one thing....I HATE the new fielding for RTTS, especially in the OF. I've turned at least half a dozen fly balls that should have been caught into triples because I cant tell where I am on the field or how close I am to the ball...sometimes I even over run and it lands short. I have no perspective as an OFer at times.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:02 PM   #427
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
If about 60% of the pitches I swung at were early swing(and only about 20% were late swing) does this mean I should probably increase the pitch speed slider?

Most of those early swings came off of circle changeup(which was low 80mph).

I'm thinking bout increasing speed, but don't want to just incase fastball becomes too fast. Seems like the visual speed difference between 90mph fastball and 80mph change are too big in this game.
Turn the speed up.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:35 PM   #428
MVP

OVR: 3

A couple things. the stealing is an issue as mentioned. Mauer/Youkilis stealing on first pitch but I turned down the stealing frequency thing.

There seems to be a LOT of jaggies or whatever, the stadiums and players aren't as crisp or crisp at all. I don't think it's my TV, because I didn't have the issue with last years game.

Hitting was super easy on veteran so I turned to All Star. I played two realistic games on that level, but all the sudden had 9 runs in one inning and it felt totally unrealistic. I know that stuff happens in real life but it didn't feel very authentic.

A few small things bug me still, like how pitchers freeze in the same stance after every pitch while waiting for the catcher to return the ball.

The game is good but there's a lot more issues I see than usual. I like the menu's, and they really paid more attention to accesories this year which I like.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:48 PM   #429
Redskins big 3

Vechi8's Arena

OVR: 17

I had 4 things that I was hoping for improvement and all seem to be better or fixed.

The first issue I had with 12 was robo 2b and ss. It was near impossible getting anything by them in 12. They either leaped 16 feet in the air or ran down bloop hits near the outfielders. I have hit shots by both positions and good consistency between hits and plays made.

Secondly was human batters ability to really turn on inside pitches. You could live inside on most all batters in 12 but not now. I have had some nice ropes on pitches in the inner half down both lines. Head to head with my son, he has punished me on the inner half, where last year not so much.

Third was the depth of Right field. The appearance was way too short in 12 but appears to better positioned this year. It may be my old eyes but I like the depth this year and seems to play consistently like Left field has always.

Last was balls down the line. Last year was an issue in that the ball seemed to lose gas and wouldn't hit the corner. I have not had a lot of chances but have had a few reach the corner and react realistic.

One disappointment for me was the lack of AI and human sliders especially speed on the basepaths and outfield speed. Seems to be a good gap between ai and human speeds.

All in all, everything that I could ask. Game continues to progress in a good way and I really wonder how they can make progressions with this game. But they always do.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:53 PM   #430
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15
Most everything I've posted has been positive but I have a slight issue.

Does anyone else think the "sound" off the bat and "feel" is off, like weak?
On many of my HR's, it doesn't "feel" like I got it where last year I could "feel" it. That's hard to quantify, I know. But, the sound of a home run so far has been the same as any other hit.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:00 PM   #431
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
The only for thing I get bothered by is, I played a game before and Matt V was the only one talking for like 3 innings, didn't here a peep from Karros or Lyons, wth.

sent from DNA
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2013, 11:16 PM   #432
Pro

OVR: 7

i was chomping at the bit to get this game. then it was released. and then the issues with the game started showing up in the OS forums. i dunno. i think i am going to hold off making the purchase. i LOVE this franchise. still playing 10 and 12 religiously, but until a patch comes out, i think i will wait and see what happens. anyone else?
GO BEARS

Cardinals suck

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »