Home

Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-05-2013, 08:41 PM   #81
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
OMG, thank you for posting this. As a former High Heat gamer I've always wanted this in the show.

I didn't buy MLB 12 as I skipped last year, would I be seeing a big upgrade from MLB 11 to MLB 13?
Reluctantly I am going to say no it is not a big upgrade. The stuttering issue aside 13 is nicer than 11 but as far as I can see 11 runs smoother. Depends on how big a deal $60 is to you. They have upgraded the game every year but I could be satisfied playing 11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2013, 08:44 PM   #82
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
Reluctantly I am going to say no it is not a big upgrade. The stuttering issue aside 13 is nicer than 11 but as far as I can see 11 runs smoother. Depends on how big a deal $60 is to you. They have upgraded the game every year but I could be satisfied playing 11.
Really? The big upgrades in presentation notwithstanding, the ball/bat physics are a giant upgrade over 12 nontheless 11. They're instantly noticeable.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:48 PM   #83
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm really starting to like the new button accurate fielding system. Takes a little while to get used too however
Old 03-05-2013, 08:49 PM   #84
Pro

barsoffury's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

I am one of those people who skipped '12 and stuck with '11 and now that I have '13 I would say it's a very big upgrade. For one '13 isn't stuttering for me. I haven't noticed anything. But in terms of actual game play '13 is a massive upgrade compared to '11. Ball physics for one is huge. Presentation is so much better. Online play is leaps ahead of '11.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:50 PM   #85
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Really? The big upgrades in presentation notwithstanding, the ball/bat physics are a giant upgrade over 12 nontheless 11. They're instantly noticeable.
Bat ball physics some lighting improvements new animations sure. Same looks by the batters same face models virtually identical. Its The Show on the PS3. They cannot do anymore. I really like 13 but it ain't an enormous upgrade.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2013, 08:59 PM   #86
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Bat ball physics some lighting improvements new animations sure. Same looks by the batters same face models virtually identical. Its The Show on the PS3. They cannot do anymore. I really like 13 but it ain't an enormous upgrade.
The physics alone make it a large upgrade. That's not a small thing as it completely changes the way the game plays between the lines. Presentation has undergone a major overhaul over the last 2 versions. That's just what's noticeable in the first 3 or 4 games played.

Not sure what else you were expecting as far as player face models, or how upgrading them could possibly compare to ball/bat/fielder physics.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:01 PM   #87
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by barsoffury
I am one of those people who skipped '12 and stuck with '11 and now that I have '13 I would say it's a very big upgrade. For one '13 isn't stuttering for me. I haven't noticed anything. But in terms of actual game play '13 is a massive upgrade compared to '11. Ball physics for one is huge. Presentation is so much better. Online play is leaps ahead of '11.
Agreed, the improvements are pretty obvious from the jump. New PCI, extended timing windows, pitch speeds, etc also come to mind quickly.

I can see where IGN is coming from on their review (I think it was IGN), if you're just watching gameplay videos it looks pretty much the same, but the second you start to play the upgrades are apparent.

Also keep in mind, I am not really having any stutter issues either, so I don't have that to deal with
Old 03-05-2013, 09:02 PM   #88
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Operation Sports MLB 13 The Show Community Impressions Thread

Ouch, 5 errors my 1st game, 7 in my second. Throwing meter killing me. Bigger learning curve than i expected. Struggling with DPs too. Im sure ill get used to it

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »