Home

MLB 13 The Show Video - New York Yankees vs. Toronto Blue Jays

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Video - New York Yankees vs. Toronto Blue Jays within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-10-2013, 07:57 PM   #161
john14:6

ghm125's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: MLB The Show 13 Video - New York Yankees vs. Toronto Blue Jays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon
Doesn't Cueto lead the majors in ERA+ over the past 2 seasons? There's a case, one I wouldn't necessarily agree with, that Cueto isn't far behind those guys.
plus Johnny has kool hair!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2013, 08:06 PM   #162
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

The animation of Jeter rounding the bag and holding up on that base hit was nice and smooth. I am pretty sure we will see different types based on the hit.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:25 PM   #163
Pro

OVR: 24

I don't know if it was just me, but on the very first hit: Fielders seem to make more realistic attempts at the ball, and the "I can't reach it" animation seems like it was delayed so that it starts later. Might just be me though?

I liked the play at the plate - where Ramone was like "he got gunned" - and how the tag application matched the slide, instead of the catcher just doing random things - which is what I felt happened in previous years.

I love being OSD-free!!!

And finally it was nice to see a hitter get legitimately jammed (6:15 roughly). That just waasn't properly translated in previous years, and the hits usually went foul above anything else.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:29 PM   #164
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseballking888
The Cano stance isn't that bad. Not too sure why I've seen people complaining about it.

IMO it looks nothing likehis batting stance in real life, last years was pretty much spot on.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:43 PM   #165
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
I don't know if it was just me, but on the very first hit: Fielders seem to make more realistic attempts at the ball, and the "I can't reach it" animation seems like it was delayed so that it starts later. Might just be me though?

I liked the play at the plate - where Ramone was like "he got gunned"
- and how the tag application matched the slide, instead of the catcher just doing random things - which is what I felt happened in previous years.

I love being OSD-free!!!

And finally it was nice to see a hitter get legitimately jammed (6:15 roughly). That just waasn't properly translated in previous years, and the hits usually went foul above anything else.
The Brett Gardner slide looked like a new animation as well, although from a realism/logic standpoint that was a poor choice for the 3rd base coach to send the runner, Bautista was already in a throwing motion before Gardner had rounded the base...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2013, 09:15 PM   #166
MVP

Baseballking888's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMhester04
IMO it looks nothing likehis batting stance in real life, last years was pretty much spot on.
His stance from last year's wasn't bad either, but had too much wiggle. They got the amount of movement right, but the bat positioning needs to be a bit more down.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:39 PM   #167
Rookie

OVR: 10

new franchise looks great.now just have to be able to play more than 1 year of the mode.i want to draft some guys and use them on my mlb team but baseball season is soooooo long tīs hard
Old 01-10-2013, 10:55 PM   #168
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by renatus
new franchise looks great.now just have to be able to play more than 1 year of the mode.i want to draft some guys and use them on my mlb team but baseball season is soooooo long tīs hard
I think in order to this is start your franchise right away when the game drops. If you don't worry about the correct lineups and players on teams. Because the real MLB season starts in April. Play 2 - 3 games a day. You should be able to get in a season or 2.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »