Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-22-2012, 09:15 PM   #849
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Controlling weather would be cool.
I think they would go for that at some point.

I'm nearly positive we'll see a ton more tracked stats on the PS4.
I too wish we could track just about everything. It does make a big difference in franchise mode.

M.K.
Knight165
Football allow you to control the weather, the show allows you to in quick games, it's a common feature.

Franchise is tough because the bar ratings, along with just Wins, losses, and ERA makes it extremely hard to judge players.

And the the main ratings from average, power, fielding, etc are pointless. Brendan Ryan has a D fielding ratings and he's probably the best shortstop in the game. Those ratings have always been so random and misleading

How sick would it be to click on a player card and have a fangraph/baseball reference type of page come up for them? Maybe on the PS4. lol.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:34 PM   #850
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

I'd like more skill involved in fielding, not just pitching and throwing the ball.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:27 AM   #851
MVP

metal134's Arena

OVR: 10

Stop making the fielders dive so much. I've had too many singles turned into triples because of this. It's very common.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2012, 01:32 AM   #852
Rookie

Pasco08's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal134
Stop making the fielders dive so much. I've had too many singles turned into triples because of this. It's very common.
Couldn't agree more agervates me so bad when this happens in RTTS.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:58 PM   #853
Banned

Not that I wouldn't be satisfied if it's missed again, but any chance the two tone helmet thing could be fixed? Like the Rockies and mets... Am I leaving any out? Also, the ability to wear sunglasses while batting (for every player) also the low stirrup socks. The last thing, and yes this is all superficial, but the ability to change the colors of every part of every teams cleats. Like the phillies, cubs cardinals etc. I know this was added in the update for '10 or '11
Old 12-27-2012, 03:37 PM   #854
Rookie

moose616's Arena

There are many Show players that like to customize sounds (including myself).

They should let you save presets. So that during a series in your Franchise or RTTS (BOS @ NYY for example) you can have:
Game 1 (Fri) - YES Network
Game 2 (Sat) - MLB on Fox
Game 3 (Sun) - ESPN Sunday Night Baseball

And you can select which broadcast you want your game to sound/feel like without having to go and change everything just for one game.

Madden12
Rosters: Moose's 1993 Rosters for Madden (PS3)

MLB 12: The Show
Diamond Dynasty: Rocky Mountain Moose Knucklez
Old 12-27-2012, 03:45 PM   #855
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal134
Actually the only time I even get a tripple in MLB 12 The Show is after an outfielder dives and misses the ball lol

This may change in 13 thanks to the new Ball Physics 2.0.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2012, 06:04 PM   #856
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

A few things I'd like to see.

1. An option for open or closes roof. It doesn't need to retract during the game just perhaps the option for it to be opened or closed before you start thje game (in franchise mode specifically). Another way this could work is through weather. For example it rains quite a bit in Seattle and according to Russell he said the game has weather patterns according to time of year so if it's a franchise game and it's raining in Seattle then the option should already be pre-set to closed. The Diamondbacks rarely have the roof open during the summer months so it would be nice to have that option to have the roof closed or at least have it pre-set. Obviously a few other teams have retractable roofs and they could also be used as the few examples above.

2. An option in the editor for home/away equipment. Batting gloves mostly.

3. Edit service time when creating a player/editing a fake player.

4. In the front end have the ability to add and drop players from/to the Free Agent list WITHOUT having to swap him for another player.

5. Add minor league contracts with invitation to spring training when signing a player in franchise mode.

Last edited by ShowTyme15; 12-27-2012 at 06:08 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »