Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-09-2012, 07:12 PM   #449
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

It needs to have an international version, that enables fans outside the North American PSN region to enable the online pass (dude, I don't even want to play online - I just want access to Rosters etc.).

I'd rather not have to breach the PSN terms and conditions to play the game, and if it turns out I have to I won't buy next year's game.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:22 PM   #450
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellgieff
It needs to have an international version, that enables fans outside the North American PSN region to enable the online pass (dude, I don't even want to play online - I just want access to Rosters etc.).

I'd rather not have to breach the PSN terms and conditions to play the game, and if it turns out I have to I won't buy next year's game.
You can't do this? Are you kidding me?!? What year is this!?!

Put this one to the top of the list. Holy hell! Inexcusable! Seriously.. wow..
Old 08-09-2012, 09:01 PM   #451
Rookie

OVR: 0

they need to fix the fielding and pitching mechanics. They arent fluid. Since i dont think we can post links just go onto youtube and type in pro baseball spirits. They are so much more smoother than the show. And the most important thing to me is get new announcers. They are boring and stale now. Since 2k baseball is most likely dead either get those announcers or the fox announcers which i like as well. Also retune the franchise mode. Its been the same for too long now. It needs a change.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2012, 11:01 PM   #452
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedK
they need to fix the fielding and pitching mechanics. They arent fluid. Since i dont think we can post links just go onto youtube and type in pro baseball spirits. They are so much more smoother than the show. And the most important thing to me is get new announcers. They are boring and stale now. Since 2k baseball is most likely dead either get those announcers or the fox announcers which i like as well. Also retune the franchise mode. Its been the same for too long now. It needs a change.
Please for the love of God don't get Joe Buck and Tim McCarver. I think they should go for an MLB network feel, they've already got Vasgersian. Throw in Harold Reynolds, Billy Ripken, Mitch Williams, and the crew and make some kind of weekly wrap up show like NFL 2K5. That would be awesome.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up
Old 08-09-2012, 11:56 PM   #453
Rookie

OVR: 2

My request is a revamp of franchise. Sure, there may be some things that can be tweaked with gameplay and whatnot, but I really enjoy the gameplay this year. I think the franchise has gotten a bit stale, and with the new rules now, might as well change things up.

The Good:
-Very in depth with rules for service time, rule V draft, options, waivers, etc. Nothing needs to be adjusted there.
-Minor leagues. Some have called for playable Single-A games, but honestly I'm happy with the way it is. Save some room for other improvements- I'm happy with the 15 man Single-A roster.

What needs to be changed:
-Playoff atmosphere and celebration
-The draft. I don't think I need to explain this too much. Too much value in relievers, not a great crop overall.
-Amateur Scouting
-Contract accuracy in free agency- IMO, players ask for too little compared to what they would get in real life.
-Trade Logic: It's definitely gotten better this year, but there are still a few head scratchers.
-Lineup logic

What I'd like to see added:
-Transfer franchise from '12 to '13!!!
-Invites to ST, rather than just 40-man being allowed to participate.
-More complex contract offers (i.e. buyouts, early opt-outs, no trade clauses)
-10/5 rights
-Rehab assignments
-Managerial Logic: diff. managers should do diff. things (i.e. Joe Maddon with his shifting)
-Rainouts and doubleheaders (and ability to add 26th man for DH)
-I think some players get fatigued to quickly throughout a season. I understand needing to rest older guys, but players like Cano should be able to play 155 games or so without needing a seat every 7 games or so.
-I'm assuming the new playoff format will be added

I know my list is long (I probably left stuff out too). I also know most of this won't get in. But I'd be really happy with a fresh look at franchise mode.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #454
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardYankee26
Please for the love of God don't get Joe Buck and Tim McCarver. I think they should go for an MLB network feel, they've already got Vasgersian. Throw in Harold Reynolds, Billy Ripken, Mitch Williams, and the crew and make some kind of weekly wrap up show like NFL 2K5. That would be awesome.
Regarding announcers, I'm going to toss in my 2 cents...

The best video game announcing came in NFL2K5 and MLB 2K11. MLB2K11 used actual announcers, and while adding a touch of realism, it's very, very rare that you are able to use actual announcers and get quality video game play-by-play commentary. Why is that? Primarily, it's because they are out of their element. You're taking a person whose job is to react to what he sees and make an onservation or comment, you're placing him in a studio with prepared commentary and are now asking him to act, to pretend that he is calling an actual game. The problem is that they are not actors and don't have the skill to repeat what comes naturally in an unfamiliar environment. (Seriously - how 2K managed to do it with Gary Thorne is frankly amazing. He sounds so natural, while Kruk and Phillips sound completely out of their elements.)

Which brings me to NFL2K5.

Many of us still harken back to that game for myriad reasons, one of which is the quality of announcing. If you'll recall, 2K5 didn't employ actual announcers. Instead they hired voice over actors to be make-believe announcers, and yet most of us thought it was - and remains to this day - some of the greatest commentary in a sports video game. Why? Because they hired actors who can take scripts and recreate things regardless of the environment.

While I would love real announcers to replace the likes of Campbell and, to a lesser degree, Vasgersian, I think it's too hit and miss. I personally would prefer The Show take a different route and hire actors to portay announcers.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:54 PM   #455
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

OVR: 15

Just played again today, and the strike zone is not a realistic strike zone, it is the strike zone by the book. Id like to see an option to play with a "realistic" zone. i know the ump has some control of this but I think it would be better to see an actually smaller zone. I feel this would allow more walks for both the batter and the pitcher..maybe thats all the problem is for some of us..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2012, 10:09 PM   #456
Rookie

tanchl's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB Bob
Just played again today, and the strike zone is not a realistic strike zone, it is the strike zone by the book. Id like to see an option to play with a "realistic" zone. i know the ump has some control of this but I think it would be better to see an actually smaller zone. I feel this would allow more walks for both the batter and the pitcher..maybe thats all the problem is for some of us..
That is a good point Bob. I experience the same thing as most, I draw a walk once in a blue moon. In all reality, I think that is the only way to interject more walks. You can't accurately read a pitch like in real life or you can't pick up the dot on a breaking pitch, etc. So the approach and what is afforded you in real life can't be replicated so an artificial equalizer could be implemented.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »