Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-08-2012, 09:07 PM   #681
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

1. One pitch mode (ala High Heat)
2. More ratings for pitchers (H vs. L, H vs. R, HR vs. L, HR vs. R, so on)
3. When editing, show actual jerseys, not the MLB The Show jersey
4. New playoff mode (obviously)
5. Ability to edit draft
6. Home/Away Player Accessory Editing
7. At least a 25 man A roster.
8. Ability to edit Hot/Cold zones
9. Buy out OOTP
Want to follow my Franchises? Join my discord: https://discord.gg/nHbNCWmmGs

Last edited by Scott; 10-08-2012 at 09:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2012, 09:34 PM   #682
Rookie

Frank is the Tank's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

What Scott said!
Old 10-08-2012, 09:44 PM   #683
Rookie

D0GGERT D0G's Arena

OVR: 4

I would like to see more player motions, especially the throwing motions from the outfield on short hops
Old 10-08-2012, 09:46 PM   #684
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

How could we forget "outfield" infield fly rules
Want to follow my Franchises? Join my discord: https://discord.gg/nHbNCWmmGs
Old 10-08-2012, 09:51 PM   #685
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

In no particular order:

Stats:

--User stats (one of the few things the other title nailed)
--Game by game stats for players in season or franchise mode (for example, I want to see how a pitcher fared in each of his last 10 starts. NBA 2k12 nailed this).
--More stat overlays during season and franchise games.

Gameplay:

--Too many balls hit down the line and the gaps result in only singles, probably because the ball gets to the OF too quickly or is hit too hard. Need some type of adjustment here.
--Too many double plays. Again, some adjustment is needed, either balls are being hit too hard too often or batters are slow coming out of the box, or both.
--Too many balls hit up the middle hit the pitcher.
--The catcher doesn't attempt to get to some foul balls that seem to be within his range.
--I can't think of anything else. Just goes to show how incredible the game play really is.

Aesthetics:

--More throwback uniforms. I noticed some teams have the same uniform under their "throwback'' and "throwback old'' slots.
--More vintage parks. Tiger Stadium, Ebbets Field, Comiskey Park, Candlestick Park, the Astrodome, old Busch Stadium.

Misc.

--Playoff mode would be good.
--Ability to adjust postseason to best of 5, best of 3, or single elimination, for shorter seasons.
--League customization. Specifically, the ability to alter the number of teams in divisions/leagues and to eliminate teams for season/franchise. Would love to play with 1950s rosters and two eight-team leagues, or 1970s rosters with four six-team divisions. I'd wet myself if this were ever included in the game.
--Fresh commentary.

This is such a great game. Adding a few of these elements would take it to another level.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2012, 10:05 PM   #686
Rookie

OVR: 5

This one just clicked for me. I want a more in depth offseason for franchise.

Instead of just offering contracts to guys, have discussions with them, their agents. Talk about your team strengths and how they compare to what that player wants and down play any other team interested in the player.

Have the winter meetings where discussions really get intense and how you "perform" there can play a big factor in who you can sign. Also, give me an email when a player gets an offer from another team, not just when he signs, so I know to offer him another deal if I need to.

Also, for trades, I feel like I'm just negotiating with a computer (even though I actually am lol). Let me go to a team's GM and say:

"I want to rebuild and I have David Wright. You want to make the playoffs. Who would you be willing to give up for David," or something like that. I believe additions like these will make the offseason much more interesting and I won't just waste time simulating day after day after day.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:09 PM   #687
Rookie

OVR: 5

Make it easier to run the bases when I have 2 or more guys on.

I constantly have a guy steal home when I just want the guy on first to try and take second.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:41 PM   #688
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofikedavis
Make it easier to run the bases when I have 2 or more guys on.

I constantly have a guy steal home when I just want the guy on first to try and take second.
Easy solution to this. If you just want the runner on first to steal when you also have a guy on third, just hold the left analog stick to the right and then press L2 to steal. The runner at first will go and the runner at third won't.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »