Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-07-2012, 07:04 PM   #281
Rookie

Philly07's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

I'd like to see improved Fantasy Draft logic for Franchise based on age and potential, and not just overall rating. The draft for rounds 31 on (w/ OSFM rosters) is ideal, as the younger prospects with higher potential are going to get picked earlier than an older prospect with a higher overall but low potential. I'd also like to see it based off the team's real-life strategies, as say, the Yankees will be more likely to draft a guy with a Pujols or Fielder-esque contract than a team like the Astros or Padres.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2012, 08:46 PM   #282
MVP

UK0wnag3's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

1. Pitchers to actually hold the ball behind their back when pitching from the stretch, not in their glove.

2. Have the commentators reacting during a play not after, i.e on a home run, instead of the silence and then the commentators talking about it once it's over the fence, have them go with it during the play, "high fly ball, way back" "it could have a chance" "outfielder going back, to the wall..." etc.

3. Have the commentators finish their stories if they get interrupted. I shouldn't have to stop myself from swinging because I'm interested in a story.
Arizona Cardinals
Phoenix Suns
Twitter
Old 07-07-2012, 08:51 PM   #283
Rookie

Victory23's Arena

OVR: 6

I would like commentary improvements. Matty V and Campbell have been saying some of the same lines since MLB 06 and it's getting sorta stale.

Also, the crowd volume is low in my opinion, especially in tense and exciting moments. The fans should be noticeably louder when home runs are hit or when special events occur in the game.

New England Patriots

Chicago Blackhawks

Washington Nationals

Chelsea FC

Old 07-07-2012, 09:44 PM   #284
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

A quick list...
  • Brand new presentation. I'd love to see The Show use MLB.tv, which is something that has spread like wildfire among the hardcore baseball community.
  • Make drafts more immersive. Countdowns, scout advice, and every once in a while, have a few guys who can be real difference makers to a organization. Most top 10 picks I see, the players have C potential or lower. That definitely should not happen.
  • Fantasy Drafts should be tuned.
  • I'd love to see some kind of Organization Ranking type of thing. Things involved would be total income, fan happiness, and obviously, winning.
  • We should be able to customize our stadiums and organization from the ground up.
  • More swing animations. I'd love to see it closer to 50.
  • Commentary needs to be completely revamped. Its repetitive and detracts from game.
  • A top 150 prospect ranking, in terms of potential and how close they are to making it to the majors. Even a top ten for each team.
  • Trade logic should be tweaked. A lot of times, I'll see teams give up 2 or 3 top prospects for a middle of the road MLB player.
  • Lastly, I'd love to see some kind of Online Franchise. I'm not sure how they could do it, but I know how much I'd love doing one with some friends. I don't doubt SCEA with anything, so I wouldn't be surprised to see this at some point down the road!

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 07-08-2012, 07:36 AM   #285
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

Good stuff, Ben.

My favorite is your suggestion of the top 150 prospects. It's hard to get a feel for where the league is headed, currently. Especially with single team control.

And just to add to that:

Can we please get the MLB affiliates attached somewhere on the player card. I tried playing the Future's game and had NO IDEA which teams the players represented? I was like, "Okay, he plays for a team with a bumble bee as their logo...hmmm...."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2012, 10:18 AM   #286
Pro

22cedric's Arena

OVR: 11

http://www.facebook.com/mlbtheshow
Old 07-08-2012, 11:34 AM   #287
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
Good stuff, Ben.

My favorite is your suggestion of the top 150 prospects. It's hard to get a feel for where the league is headed, currently. Especially with single team control.

And just to add to that:

Can we please get the MLB affiliates attached somewhere on the player card. I tried playing the Future's game and had NO IDEA which teams the players represented? I was like, "Okay, he plays for a team with a bumble bee as their logo...hmmm...."
Yeah, I had noticed this as well. It seems like they could handle the farm systems better in general.

Adding to all of this, I'd also like to see "gems" and "busts". We all watch enough baseball to know that sometimes a guy like Kerry Wood doesn't become the Cy Young winner we all thought he'd be. I already don't like the idea of ratings very much, but with a potential rating everything seems pretty set and stone (to the Show's credit, they do a better job than most with ratings and potential issues).

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 07-09-2012, 12:08 AM   #288
Pro

Geolink's Arena

OVR: 4

The devs must definitely add PITCH COUNT to the overlay.

Almost every baseball broadcast is adapting to putting it in theirs to let people know the pitchers pitch count.

It's something I wanted for years but never getting.

It would extremely help pausing the action for 2 seconds just to look at the pitcher's count.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »