Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-03-2012, 04:12 PM   #265
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

-create a stadium
-create an expansion franchise, where u build a stadium design unis etc and draft your team for offline play, this is different from diamond dynasty
-more throwback uniforms
-umpire reports for strike zones
-make the cpu balk once in awhile. haven't seen it in over 300 games
-ability to relocate franchise and re design uniforms stadium (ties in with above)
-more classic stadiums available
-wear proper uniforms for all star game not generic batting practice jerseys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2012, 03:01 AM   #266
MVP

ilstu24's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Haven't read through the whole thread, but as a player who is constantly messing with the rosters I hope we can get an edit system similar to what the 2k series had. L/R splits for pitchers and a defensive value attached to EACH position for one player.

PSN: Onebase24
Follow me on Twitter: @mdthomp24
Old 07-04-2012, 07:41 AM   #267
Rookie

OVR: 2

Change the Commentators, get some good ones who I can actually stand.

In RTTS make it so you can block trades, or just an option at the beginning similiar to franchise, where you can turn all trades off
Old 07-04-2012, 09:01 AM   #268
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Revamp defensive controls.
Since the High Heat days where I could throw the ball around the horn after making an out, I just haven't felt connected to playing defense in a baseball video game. Getting jumps on balls in the outfield, better footwork that gets you to the ball, rounding out a groundball or going to the backhand. I'm not sure how to make defense more interactive, but it's stale. And I want it to feel as exhilerating as a 10 pitch at bat does.

Roster Vault that works in Franchise.
When the draft rolls around, I get sad that I can't upload all the great created players from the draft into my franchise. I want the Sox to have their 2 arms from Florida. The Pads to have their new HS shortstop. Etc. etc. MLB the Show gives you more options than any other franchise, and incorporating this would be the icing on the cake.

More Weather
True rainouts in franchise. Dropped fly balls in right field at Fenway because of glaring sun rays. Better rain variety in games, with affects on the game. This would be really, really cool.

More Minor League Parks
McCoy Stadium so we can play at "mini Fenway" if you're a AA Sox prospect in Portland. And others, please

Phiten necklaces
I know, I know. But when the game makes every player look so authentic, adding in these stupid things would make it all the more real to life. Lester gets his camo combo, all team colors, etc.

More Hair options for created players
Dreads, long hair, more modern haircuts ... hair is still very limited with created players.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:39 PM   #269
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm sure it's been mentioned, but after playing about 100 games so far the frequency of rally killing / inning ending double plays (for both HUM and CPU) are not only frustrating, but kind of predictable...

Other than that, very solid gameplay IMHO...
Old 07-05-2012, 06:29 AM   #270
Banned

OVR: 4

For Pitchers there needs to be strengths for Lefties vs. Righties..hitters have it so why not pitchers. Lineup logic.. I hate seeing the CPU adjusting the lineups I set, just plain horrible. The ability to edit players hair and facial hair, Im sure there is some type of stupid license, if not give of this option. better uniforms (throwbacks). Single A playable teams with a larger franchise roster space. Most of all get rid of the release a player and have to wait 2 days for a team to pick them up! I hate that logic!
Old 07-05-2012, 11:32 AM   #271
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by A7Xraider
-create a stadium
-create an expansion franchise, where u build a stadium design unis etc and draft your team for offline play, this is different from diamond dynasty
-ability to relocate franchise and re design uniforms stadium (ties in with above)
Yeah. My franchise team has over $1.5 Billion and I'd really like to have something to spend it on.

This would also bring franchise mode up to feature parity with the MVP Baseball games on the GameCube, which would be nice.

I'd also really appreciate it if SCEA could get the MLBPA to allow accurate player salaries to start the franchise mode.

Last edited by a5ehren; 07-05-2012 at 11:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2012, 04:34 PM   #272
Rookie

rebelron22's Arena

OVR: 1

Roster Control - The ability to scroll through sp,rp,cp,c...etc to trade and release players outside of game modes. Edit aplayers contract years and amount. Sign players to MLB,AAA,AA,A contracts. Edit a players potential.

Edit Player - Asign a player a number and it stick regardless if number is already asigned to another player, Asian faces to choose from, more hair options(long and dreads), the modern stirrup socks need to be added to socks selection, all three cleats need to be fixed so the shoe lace or tongue color doesn't bleed throughout the entire cleat, ruining it, light brown glove color needs to be more of a orange color.

RTTS - A list of ten teams the CPU can trade you to !

Franchise - Bring back when you redo your field, you can choose which design on the field you would like, the ability to customize ad signs in the stadiums.

General - Cubs cleats need to be fixed to default blue, Dodgers toe on their cleat needs to be fixed to default blue, Mets new Catcher helmet needs to be blue and their default color on catching equipment and wrist bands need to be changed to default blue on some uniform selections.

Last edited by rebelron22; 07-05-2012 at 05:08 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »