Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-12-2012, 01:42 PM   #601
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

We should be allow to edit the original players more differently, for example Lucas Duda's body type in this game was fat, in reality his body type is normal, or just big muscled. A cool feature i wish we had was to edit the acutual player's face, example Dillon Gee started the yr w a very thick goatee.

Put more mlb jerseys, for example i wished the Mets had more jerseys, even their caps, that were black and had the blue brim, it would be awesome for every team to have all their jerseys from the past, 1990's til 2000's, and present.

Jose Reyes has two different batting stances on the right and left hand side of the plate.

It would be great if we can put our voices for the create/edit players, that don't have their first and last name audio, so that way we dont have to feel like the player is a fake/pretend edit. Wish we can put and edit career stats, and service time on the players, especially the ones that werent in the game, or missed a yr or so.

One last thing, theres two types of mlb caps in real life, theres the mlb 5950 fitted, and the low crown mlb 5950 fitted. Also it would be great if we can take a photo of the Miilb, or mlb player thats for create a player, and the ps3 camera will put there face, just like w the MLB the shows for ps2 in the past.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2012, 03:46 PM   #602
Banned

OVR: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnYanks2
Yep, I'm extremely satisfied with the gameplay. Only sports game I know that is just almost perfect on that front IMO.

If The Show could ink some kind of deal with the MLB Network or ESPN and hire some new announcers, it would take this game to a new level.

My unrealistic dream though for this game, is to have classic teams like 2k is doing. A slew of classic MLB teams and retro stadiums. And like 2K did making Jordan the prime focus, The Show would do the same with a Ken Griffey Jr cover, and a few of his past teams.
I agree with everything you're saying EXCEPT about The Kid. C'mon man. Is ken Griffey really the face of the MLB the last two decades?
Old 09-12-2012, 05:04 PM   #603
Pro

Black59Razr's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

1. RTTS needs an option to have the basecoach give me, the hitter, signs before every pitch. At least when there are runners on with less than 2 outs. The whole, lets hit and run only on 0-0 counts, feels cheap.

2. Baserunning on RTTS is still pretty poor. I dont expect that to get fixed, but I would like an option to watch my own player run the bases on auto. Reason being, come playoff time, I like to watch every pitch of every game. And it sucks missing out on what happens when I am on base.

3. CPU outfielder reaction is still way too quick. I like the canned animation where the OF takes a step back, than charges in for a line drive. Lets see a couple more of those animations, some back, some forward, some wrong routes to the ball, then use them like 25% of the time, rather than 1% of the time! (You guys should look at whatever sabrematric stat it is that shows "luck" for a hitter. Once you take away strikeouts, walks, and homeruns, and grounders, from a hitters stats, you are left with only "balls hit to the outfield" and virtually every hitter is the exact same in this stat. The top tier players are only a few percentage points better than middle tier guys. Anyway, take this stat and compare it to MLB The Show player stats and you will see that MLB The Show players get on base waaaaay less when it comes to balls hit to the outfield. This is because of OF range. But you have to be playing the game; no sim stats. I am sure sim stats are more legit than in-game stats.)

4. Lastly, please do NOT do any of the above, or I will probably never leave the house! I already play this game too much; like 150+ games per year!
Old 09-13-2012, 12:49 AM   #604
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

A new craaaze @ GAB...Bark At The Moon,well; actually... bark in the park... Aaawoooo!!!

wow...post 8 grand for me.

Last edited by Motown; 09-13-2012 at 01:00 AM.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:47 AM   #605
Rookie

muleyman's Arena

OVR: 2

All I would need to be completely happy would me a expansion mode, withe the additional rule 5 to fill the rosters and a small stadium editor. Best game ever!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2012, 09:59 AM   #606
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon brunal
We should be allow to edit the original players more differently, for example Lucas Duda's body type in this game was fat, in reality his body type is normal, or just big muscled. A cool feature i wish we had was to edit the acutual player's face, example Dillon Gee started the yr w a very thick goatee.
This is on the MLBPA.
They will not allow the likenesses of it's players to be altered by anyone but the license holder.

I agree with you....I wish everything about every player(and manager/coach) was editable....but alas...

Which leads me to an idea I had to make franchise mode feel more orgainic.
If we had the ability to choose 3 different facial hair selections for each player....and they changed throughout the year....it would lend a little life to each guy.
For example.....If I chose clean shaven as 1.....and stubble 1 and stubble 2(different thicknesses) as the other two facial hair options...the player would be sometimes clean shaven and sometimes have stubble.
If you went with stubble....and then full beard....it would go from one to the other in a few days of game time.
Just something little...that probably requires way too much programming to be worth it.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 09-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #607
Rookie

riotmonster's Arena

OVR: 0

I would pay 60$ for an expansion mode alone.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:36 PM   #608
Pro

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
This is on the MLBPA.
They will not allow the likenesses of it's players to be altered by anyone but the license holder.

I agree with you....I wish everything about every player(and manager/coach) was editable....but alas...

Which leads me to an idea I had to make franchise mode feel more orgainic.
If we had the ability to choose 3 different facial hair selections for each player....and they changed throughout the year....it would lend a little life to each guy.
For example.....If I chose clean shaven as 1.....and stubble 1 and stubble 2(different thicknesses) as the other two facial hair options...the player would be sometimes clean shaven and sometimes have stubble.
If you went with stubble....and then full beard....it would go from one to the other in a few days of game time.
Just something little...that probably requires way too much programming to be worth it.

M.K.
Knight165
I try to do this now with my rtts guy. Have him as a fresh faced clean shaven 18 yo and the as he gets older add facial hair or slowly make his hair longer through out a season if the team in the playoff hunt. But most the time I forget and he looks the same way for seasons on end. So like you said, if it was automated that would be great.

Sent from that place where I'm at.

2020: 52-39

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »