Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-26-2012, 11:39 PM   #521
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Few more: Like everybody else, I hate the red bar ratings. That is so 1980's video gaming! This game is head and shoulders above all other games ever made - except something as simple as ratings is totally worthless. Give us numbers! I want to know players TRUE ratings as opposed to glancing between two red bars trying to see a difference.

Also, Verlander starts games throwing 92 or 93mph and will finish 100. It would be cool to find a way to do this in the games. As opposed to either being at 94 all game or 99 all game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2012, 11:59 AM   #522
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

The only things I want to see is the ability to play as an active MLB player in a RTTS format and a better experience as a RTTS Catcher
Old 08-27-2012, 03:01 PM   #523
Rookie

OVR: 5

The ability to adjust batter's hot/cold zones.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:17 AM   #524
Rookie

OVR: 2
Absolutely needs a closed roof version for those 6 stadiums Tor, Sea, Mil, Hou,Mia,Arz
Old 08-28-2012, 09:20 AM   #525
Pro

OVR: 18

I cant think of any gameplay enhancements that I would want made to MLB The Show. There are so many ways to pitch, hit and play defense - all of them arguably working the way they should. I would like to see a jump in Presentation next year.

I just traded in my copy of MLB 12 The Show and while it was a great game, it just didnt keep me feeling connected to my franchise for the duration of the season. This is what I would like to see in MLB 13:

1) Sportscenter Presence. (or some other network integration). I want my franchise to feel alive. That means I wanna see and hear about my team's performance in relation to others in my division. I want to see well produced, dynamic nightly sports show that goes around the league, showing highlights, talking about developing stories, penant races, streaks, injuries, projections, trades and all the other stuff you would see on TV. Take editorial to the next level in sports gaming.

2) Game Breaks. This is another great way to keep us feeling like we are playing in a real Major League franchise. Give the option to have Out of Town updates and highlights between Innings. Have annoucers comment on these happenings. Give our seasons a better sense of being a part of the bigger picture.

3) Smart Reviews. Have the booth speak about how our game has gone along. Cut and edit a telecast quality highlight reel WITH commentary to explain what happened. What were the biggest plays? Who is the game's hero? This would be much better than the silent highlight reel that currently follows games.

4) Improved textures. Some of MLB's textures need improvement. Especially player jerseys and player faces.

5) Dynamic Weather and Stadium Effects. How about some changing weather during a game? A random option that could blow in some rain or a thunderstorm. Clouds that cast shadows as they move accross the field. Put retractable roofs to use in Miami, Milwaukee, Houston, Seattle and Toronto.

Last edited by johnprestonevans; 08-28-2012 at 09:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 01:22 PM   #526
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabreraMVP
Few more: Like everybody else, I hate the red bar ratings. That is so 1980's video gaming! This game is head and shoulders above all other games ever made - except something as simple as ratings is totally worthless. Give us numbers! I want to know players TRUE ratings as opposed to glancing between two red bars trying to see a difference.

Also, Verlander starts games throwing 92 or 93mph and will finish 100. It would be cool to find a way to do this in the games. As opposed to either being at 94 all game or 99 all game.

Definitely NOT everyone else.
Numbers......

Numbered ratings anywhere in franchise mode other than the editor would be AWFUL.

TOTALLY would ruin any sense or realism in sim mode.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 08-28-2012, 04:20 PM   #527
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

In addition to user stats, it would be great if we could use a player's game by game stats for the season (like in NBA 2k12). Or at least game by game for the most recent 10-20 games, instead of having to go through each box score individually.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 08-28-2012, 04:55 PM   #528
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabreraMVP
We have numbers in the edit screen for players already. That's where they need to stay-for easier roster building, etc.

If any attention is payed to this area, I'd actually go the opposite direction and not have bars OR numbers in franchise (again, outside of the editing screen). Have scouting reports where the accuracy is determined by the skill/experience of your scouts (even then, never 100%). That makes team building more realistic and make scouting matter (both in terms of effectiveness and budgeting).

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »