Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-27-2012, 12:26 AM   #121
Pro

OVR: 4
Sorry, but one more - MORE CLASSIC STADIUMS PLEASE!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2012, 12:30 AM   #122
Pro

OVR: 4
Ueker as a secret unlockable announcer. I would play a whole season as the Tribe from Major League. Come on guys, I guarantee you Bob would do this for pennies. He loves baseball more than anyone I have ever met. Yes, I have met Bob back in the day when my mom worked on the set of Mr. Belvedere. I'm telling you guys he would do it for sure. Just ask. If anything, it would give some folks some variety. I like the idea of just adding in additional announcers with the option to mute whomever we don't want selected for commentary Vasgergen is SO awful
Old 05-27-2012, 12:40 AM   #123
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Franchise mode hasn't really changed too much at all this gen so it's time to update basically everything. Start with career stats, career stats and more career stats. Despite my love for The Show, I went with MLB 2K12 this year because career stats is a blood issue to me. I just don't care about franchise mode without them.

Other things I would like to see added in franchise mode is rehab assignments, chronic injures and players being called up/send down based on performance. Everything dealing with coaches needs to be updated. Trade logic needs to be looked at again and lineup logic should be tweaked as well. At least make it to where it "sticks" if I manually set it. Lastly, I shouldn't have to control all teams to have a decent franchise experience. I didn't have to last gen, so I shouldn't have to now.

I'd like to see The Show take 2k's gesture pitching and expand on it as well.

With that said if career stats are in, I'll purchase The Show next year. If it's not, I'm perfectly fine with sticking to MLB 2K12 until stats are added or another baseball game with stats comes along.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 05-27-2012, 12:41 AM   #124
Pro

IK720's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Some or all of these things have been mentioned already, but here is my list.

#1 - Trade Logic. Trade logic needs a serious overhaul in franchise mode. I shouldn't have to control all 30 teams so I can reject offers of "Mike trout and 2 other prospects for an aging verteran". I realize making this happen is easier said than done, but some kind of improvement is needed.

#2 - Some kind of presentation in franchise mode. It doesn't have to be "ESPN" or anything like that. Just something. Anything to make it feel a little more real.

#3 - Commentary can always use a little work, but it always go stale. Maybe have a rotating secondary / 3rd person? Anything to keep it from going stale just a little bit longer.

I guess thats all I got. I could come up with some awesome off the wall ideas that will never happen but there is no point. To be honest they could re-release the same game next year with updated rosters and I'd probably still buy it.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:17 AM   #125
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

I don't know nearly enough about baseball as some people. As some things people are suggesting are too great. I mean, I hadn't even thought of more kinds of errors that don't automatically lead to extra bases, just missed outs. Greatness.

But I do know logistics and when I see people suggest things like "Have the actual commentating crews for each team" I wonder exactly how many on the dev crew has some kinda adverse reaction to that?

Not trying to flame, just...some things can't and won't be done.

And about commentary, I know a thing about sound and I don't even care about the dead air as most of the time I'm not even paying attention to the commentary. But I just wish it was more alive. I mean a key home run shouldn't have just Vas...I ain't gonna try to spell his name...shouldn't have just the play by play going. It's just too obviously one person in a booth at a time reading off a script. Nothing organic about it.

But it doesn't seem like they wanna change it so...eh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2012, 03:13 AM   #126

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by maizeblue13
Have the commentators be team specific. What I mean is, for example, if you are playing as the Tigers, have Mario and Rod commentating.
That is impossible financially.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:29 AM   #127
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Improve the commentary a little at least

Improve the trade logic ..im in road to the show and somehow

Prince , Verlander , Cabrera , V Mart , Price , Felix ect are all together that's ridiculous
Old 05-27-2012, 09:12 AM   #128
Banned

b22gamer's Arena

OVR: 7
Franchise should be there main focus for 13. Starting with Spring Training....CPU should have guys on their roster that will obviously not make the opening day team, but at least in a ST uniform and get some at bats. same for pitching prospects. The user shouldn't have to add the player to the 40 man roster in order to get them on the spring training roster.

Even BETTER lineup/rotation logic, trade logic FA signings, mid-year FA signings in order to make the game even more realistic.

TWIB-like highlights in--franchise, much like the broken madden weekly hight reel

Glove and Bat updates, and possibly some authentic gear from Rawlings, Wilson, Easton, Nike, Under Aurmor, New Balance, Sam Bat, Minzuno, DiMarini...just to name a few.

Better audio in the stands. I still havent felt a "playoff atmosphere" type game with the way the crowd reacts. Also, in spring training games, the crowd sounds too loud.

different ball off bat sounds in different stadiums.

there are obvious glaring glitches in the game, but overall...it is the best game ive ever played

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »